Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Sad News.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 pm

WILKO JOHNSON – IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

"I am very sad to announce that Wilko has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the pancreas. He has chosen not to receive any chemotherapy.

He is currently in good spirits, is not yet suffering any physical effects and can expect to enjoy at least another few months of reasonable health and activity."

This is taken from The Blockheads site. Wilko has an amazing stage presence and you know he is always giving 100%. And his reaction to the diagnosis shows the measure of the man.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:57 am

Not sure who this actually is however I admire his decision and hope he goes out without too much suffering.

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:52 am

Wilko was the original guitarist with Dr Feelgood and has had a long solo career.
Fantastic to watch live, seen him many times, and you always come out of his gigs with a smile on your face.

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 am

If I am correct he was a punk guitarist? I have a friend here who was a guitarist with the Exploited and they are friends.

Cancer sucks
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 am

Enjoy some Wilko and Dr Feelgood. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you look carefully you might see a 16 year old Roger H jumping up and down with his velvet jacket on !! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:10 am

Roger. H wrote:
Wilko was the original guitarist with Dr Feelgood and has had a long solo career.
Fantastic to watch live, seen him many times, and you always come out of his gigs with a smile on your face.

Aaah...Milk & Alcohol???

I salute him & his approach. Hope he goes out with a smile on his face & pain free.

yes Chrissy, Cancer does indeed suck.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Milk and Alcohol is a Feelgood song but Wilko had left the band by then and is not the guitarist on that track.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:10 am

Roger. H wrote:
Milk and Alcohol is a Feelgood song but Wilko had left the band by then and is not the guitarist on that track.

Todays fascinating fact was brought to you by the letter H , the number 34 & Mr Roger H! cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 am

Roger. H wrote:
WILKO JOHNSON – IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

"I am very sad to announce that Wilko has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the pancreas. He has chosen not to receive any chemotherapy.

He is currently in good spirits, is not yet suffering any physical effects and can expect to enjoy at least another few months of reasonable health and activity."

This is taken from The Blockheads site. Wilko has an amazing stage presence and you know he is always giving 100%. And his reaction to the diagnosis shows the measure of the man.
One last tour...

Wilko Johnson will play four farewell shows in March.

The former Dr Feelgood guitarist last week announced he’s suffering from terminal cancer of the pancreas and has chosen not to undergo chemotherapy.

Manager Robert Hoy says: “The four dates represent and opportunity for Wilko to express his sincere thanks for his fans for all the support he has had over his long career.”

Johnson is currently in Japan. On his return he plans to record a final album and he’ll release a live DVD recorded last year.

His band, featuring Blockheads members Norman Watt-Roy and Dylan Howe, will play the following shows along with special guests:

March 6: London Koko
March 7: Bilston Robin 2
March 8: Holmfirth Picturedrome
March 9: Glasgow O2 ABC

Tickets go on sale on Monday, January 21 via www.thegigcartel.com.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Sad News. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Sad News.   More Sad News. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Sad News.
Page 1 of 1