Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show Empty
PostSubject: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:05 am

Last edited by Pete on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Well, I could be bothered and I found it very enjoyable. Unlike 95% of KUK, and I'm including young Pete in this, I do have a connection with Peter. He is in the band that I totally fell in love with in 1975 and no matter what he did, or who replaced him or how good the tribute band now sounds, he'll always be the drummer for THE BEST incarnation of KISS. I don't give a F*** that he is the worst drummer, I don't give a toss if you think Eric Carr was the original drummer, I don't give a rats arse that the imposter up there at a moment is allowing the dying corpse of a Hottest Band In The World to drag it's decaying cadaver around the world selling it's false history to the gullible (and I'm just as culpable by STILL going to the gigs......Sucker that I am) and building a new young fan base who think that Thayer and Singer ARE the Spaceman and Catman. Peter Criss was one of the instigators in the greatest band ever formed and should be allow to have his say and to be believed not just dismissed as a sad has been who threw it all away (although that's what he did). I can't wait for Christmas day when I can read the book and make up my own mind about it and not have to listen to all the NEW KISS fans slag off a man who gave them the band in the first place.

Rant over.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Roger. H wrote:
Well, I could be bothered and I found it very enjoyable. Unlike 95% of KUK, and I'm including young Pete in this, I do have a connection with Peter. He is in the band that I totally fell in love with in 1975 and no matter what he did, or who replaced him or how good the tribute band now sounds, he'll always be the drummer for THE BEST incarnation of KISS. I don't give a F*** that he is the worst drummer, I don't give a toss if you think Eric Carr was the original drummer, I don't give a rats arse that the imposter up there at a moment is allowing the dying corpse of a Hottest Band In The World to drag it's decaying cadaver around the world selling it's false history to the gullible (and I'm just as culpable by STILL going to the gigs......Sucker that I am) and building a new young fan base who think that Thayer and Singer ARE the Spaceman and Catman. Peter Criss was one of the instigators in the greatest band ever formed and should be allow to have his say and to be believed not just dismissed as a sad has been who threw it all away (although that's what he did). I can't wait for Christmas day when I can read the book and make up my own mind about it and not have to listen to all the NEW KISS fans slag off a man who gave them the band in the first place.

Rant over.
Can I get a AMEN!!!

YES!! AMEN!!!... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Could not agree more with those words. ERIC CARR is my fav drummer, but Peter Criss, while not the best drummer had a style that actually made KISS different.

I will NEVER forget the day I first saw the original 4 live in Boston. Something I never believed I'd get to see. I was fighting back tears when then came on...the smile on my face was just unreal and when they did DO YOU LOVE ME, I swear a little tear eventually broke free.

Ok PC's solo was God awful, but there really was a magic about that line up that these fucking pretenders will NEVER ever be able to replicate. NEVER. That is why to me KISS are going through the motions. You can wear the make up, you can get TT to play ACE's solo's, you can pretend the original 4 are still there but you will NEVER recreate the magic that was there when they were together.

And yes, for all the 'Peter fucked it up' brigade out there how come no-one ever looks at what aresholes GS & PS were to Ace n Peter? Hell, I'd be pissed to if I had to deal with those control freaks.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Roger. H wrote:

Rant over.

love it!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:18 am

Roger. H wrote:

Rant over.

I agree! Without the 'drummer willing to do anything to make it' there'd be no dying corpse of a band to drag around....However he's still a miserable bitter old git who threw away what he had each time...as far as I'm concerned... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 am

Pete wrote:
I agree! Without the 'drummer willing to do anything to make it' there'd be no dying corpse of a band to drag around....However he's still a miserable bitter old git who threw away what he had each time...as far as I'm concerned... Wink
See, I'm actually not convinced by this 'threw it away' arguement. Even 1st time around it was obvious he wasn't happy from as early on as 76/77. It was Peter wanting to leave KISS that brought about the KISS solo albums. To help make him stay in the band.

GS/PS gave him no outlet for his songs within KISS. Which must have been frustrating. Sure he became a coke head and his playing did suffer so doing himself no favours there, but all you ever hear is 'Peter fucked up'. No-one looks behind to find the reasons and how PS/GS related to him helped push him away.

2nd time around, I personally blame PS/GS 100%. You het the original 2 back in a dying band. Put them on a salary. Have the biggest grossing tour of the year. Do a reunion album where PS/GS side with the producer. Don't let Ace/Peter play on the album. They've signed a contract to do anothe tour to support an album you didn't play a part in. Tour doesn't do as well as the last one. You decide to go out one last time. You all sign up for it. Due to the album farse thing are already tense within the band. Cracks have become wider. Peter finds out ACE is on more $$$ than he is. He ASKS for equality and gets told NO! How must that have felt! Ace gets fed up and leaves.

And that is just a NUTSHELL of how shit PS/GS treat Ace n Peter during the Reunion!! And then you find out the Farewell was not THE FAREWELL and KISS go out with replacements for Ace n Peter. And yes I know Peter played with TT and I I've heard him say that was a mistake ad he shouldn't have done it.

So, there two side to every story. Bitter or not, what I've heard him say makes sense to me. Still need to read the book. Hope it's in my Xmas box!!!... signed copy of course... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:13 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
See, I'm actually not convinced by this 'threw it away' arguement. Even 1st time around it was obvious he wasn't happy from as early on as 76/77. It was Peter wanting to leave KISS that brought about the KISS solo albums. To help make him stay in the band.

GS/PS gave him no outlet for his songs within KISS. Which must have been frustrating. Sure he became a coke head and his playing did suffer so doing himself no favours there, but all you ever hear is 'Peter fucked up'. No-one looks behind to find the reasons and how PS/GS related to him helped push him away.

2nd time around, I personally blame PS/GS 100%. You het the original 2 back in a dying band. Put them on a salary. Have the biggest grossing tour of the year. Do a reunion album where PS/GS side with the producer. Don't let Ace/Peter play on the album. They've signed a contract to do anothe tour to support an album you didn't play a part in. Tour doesn't do as well as the last one. You decide to go out one last time. You all sign up for it. Due to the album farse thing are already tense within the band. Cracks have become wider. Peter finds out ACE is on more $$$ than he is. He ASKS for equality and gets told NO! How must that have felt! Ace gets fed up and leaves.

And that is just a NUTSHELL of how shit PS/GS treat Ace n Peter during the Reunion!! And then you find out the Farewell was not THE FAREWELL and KISS go out with replacements for Ace n Peter. And yes I know Peter played with TT and I I've heard him say that was a mistake ad he shouldn't have done it.

So, there two side to every story. Bitter or not, what I've heard him say makes sense to me. Still need to read the book. Hope it's in my Xmas box!!!... signed copy of course... Very Happy

Hang on. Every album up to Unmasked has at least one Peter song on it....As Peter likes to remind everyone his song is Kiss most successful single ever & there's no way on earth material that featured on his solo would ever have made it to a Kiss record.

Good on Peter for getting his shit together & realising where he went wrong in his life & how much he fucked up & finding 'God'. I hope he's happy & content with his life. He can always be proud to say he was a founder member of Kiss, however he comes across as a very naive person...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 am

Pete wrote:

Hang on. Every album up to Unmasked has at least one Peter song on it.......

Name the Peter tracks on the first three albums then......................No ? That's because there isn't any. The first Peter song on a KISS album is Beth. Then Baby Driver (RARO), Hooligan (L.G), and finally Dirty Livin' on Dynasty. How generous of Simmons and Stanley !!.
This is another example of the false history that is being peddled and being believed by people who think KISS started in the 80's, " Peter was always given his fair share on the albums " Wow he must have been over worked being allowed to have a whole 4 tracks on 7 albums.

Sorry Pete but I am sick and tired of the Peter bashing and which is why I have decided to hang up my spurs on the other forums I'm on. I wanted to be part of a community that embraced all of the KISS legacy, even Vinnie, but that just isn't happening. I still can't believe some people think that Monster is a great KISS album !!! scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Hang on. Every album up to Unmasked has at least one Peter song on it.......

Name the Peter tracks on the first three albums then......................No ? That's because there isn't any. The first Peter song on a KISS album is Beth. Then Baby Driver (RARO), Hooligan (L.G), and finally Dirty Livin' on Dynasty. How generous of Simmons and Stanley !!.
This is another example of the false history that is being peddled and being believed by people who think KISS started in the 80's, " Peter was always given his fair share on the albums " Wow he must have been over worked being allowed to have a whole 4 tracks on 7 albums.

Sorry Pete but I am sick and tired of the Peter bashing and which is why I have decided to hang up my spurs on the other forums I'm on. I wanted to be part of a community that embraced all of the KISS legacy, even Vinnie, but that just isn't happening. I still can't believe some people think that Monster is a great KISS album !!! scratch

Maybe I should've said Peter vocal...(Nothing to Lose, Black Diamond, Mainline, Strangeways, Getaway)...?
Please don't get me wrong...I'm very appreciative of Peter's contribution to & imprtance to Kiss(may not show here) as without him who knows where Wicked Lester would've gone!!!!

I've just never been a massive fan of him (And meeting him in 1994 was a great disappointment). Maybe its a generation thing? My fave line up is PS, GS, EC & BK. It's the line up I grew up with. Still I'm not gonna tell anyone who they should or shouldn't like. Kiss (in all line ups) is for life, not just for Christmas...

Oh & Monster is....well I prefer Asylum myself... Wink

The drums of peace to all...

Last edited by Pete on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Roger Adam put together an album called Sonic Monster. Have him burn you a copy its really good. Otherwise by themselves not so good!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 am

Pete wrote:

Hang on. Every album up to Unmasked has at least one Peter song on it....As Peter likes to remind everyone his song is Kiss most successful single ever & there's no way on earth material that featured on his solo would ever have made it to a Kiss record.

Good on Peter for getting his shit together & realising where he went wrong in his life & how much he fucked up & finding 'God'. I hope he's happy & content with his life. He can always be proud to say he was a founder member of Kiss, however he comes across as a very naive person...
Have you ever heard the demos for Dirty Livin & Hooligan? They aren't exactly like the versions that ended up on the respective KISS albums.

Sure, in the style of the songs on the PC solo album they wouldn't have made it onto a KISS album but there are a couple of tunes that certainly could have been given the KISS treatment and rocked up to fit. Hooked On RnR especially. Plus there a few tunes that with work, could have had a Hard Luck Woman feel. And don't forget Tossin & Turnin got played live a few times with KISS also!

Rogers already covered the 'song on every album' bit...so I'll pass on commenting on that!!!!

OH!!! And I think VV was a fucking genious in KISS, who helped save the band by writing some truely brilliant tunes. Always thought it's no coincedence that LIU & Revenge are two of the best mid 80's-90's period album. When I met him, numerous times on the LIU tour, he was always friendly and approachable.

Until the shocking Wolves no show, I had a good opinion of him!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:20 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Have you ever heard the demos for Dirty Livin & Hooligan? They aren't exactly like the versions that ended up on the respective KISS albums.

Sure, in the style of the songs on the PC solo album they wouldn't have made it onto a KISS album but there are a couple of tunes that certainly could have been given the KISS treatment and rocked up to fit. Hooked On RnR especially. Plus there a few tunes that with work, could have had a Hard Luck Woman feel. And don't forget Tossin & Turnin got played live a few times with KISS also!

Rogers already covered the 'song on every album' bit...so I'll pass on commenting on that!!!!

And I've already stated I should've said Peter Vocal. Ace had to wait until 1977!!!
Anyway...each to their own, live & let live...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 am

Pete wrote:

And I've already stated I should've said Peter Vocal. Ace had to wait until 1977!!!.

C'mon Pete step it up !!!! Ace may not have sung on an album until '77 but had six writing credits...... Cold Gin, Parasite,Strange Ways, Comin' Home (co writer), Getaway, Rock Bottom (co writer)....... on the first three albums. So he had a little more input allowed than Peter did.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:37 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

And I've already stated I should've said Peter Vocal. Ace had to wait until 1977!!!.

C'mon Pete step it up !!!! Ace may not have sung on an album until '77 but had six writing credits...... Cold Gin, Parasite,Strange Ways, Comin' Home (co writer), Getaway, Rock Bottom (co writer)....... on the first three albums. So he had a little more input allowed than Peter did.

Why do I feel like I'm being victimised for not being a massive PC fan??? scratch Sad

Ace wrote songs, Pete sang 'em. We enjoyed the albums for what they were/are, live & let live.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Why do I feel like I'm being victimised for not being a massive PC fan??? scratch Sad

Ace wrote songs, Pete sang 'em. We enjoyed the albums for what they were/are, live & let live.
For Pete... group hug !!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:44 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

And I've already stated I should've said Peter Vocal. Ace had to wait until 1977!!!
Yeah, but I wasn't refering to his input. My point was the songs he was presenting to KISS COULD have been reworked to fit in with the style of KISS. But control freaks PS/GS just didnt want to do it!

It took Bob Ezrin to see the potential in one of his songs and even then he had to INSIST that it was going to be on the album! Against PS/GS wishes! I bet that really bugs them to this day!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:47 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yeah, but I wasn't refering to his input. My point was the songs he was presenting to KISS COULD have been reworked to fit in with the style of KISS. But control freaks PS/GS just didnt want to do it!

It took Bob Ezrin to see the potential in one of his songs and even then he had to INSIST that it was going to be on the album! Against PS/GS wishes! I bet that really bugs them to this day!!

Think I'll leave this topic alone now...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

For Pete... group hug !!!

happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy You can come out from behind the sofa now Pete scared1 Those nasty 70's fans have had their sport and moved on !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink Wink

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

Roger. H wrote:

happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy You can come out from behind the sofa now Pete scared1 Those nasty 70's fans have had their sport and moved on !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink Wink

Hey! I'm a fan of the 70's!

Without the 70's there'd be no 80's stuff like Lick it Up, Asylum, Crazy Nights ( cheesin' ) or HITS!!! I'm just not & never have been a big fan of Peter Criss. I understand his importance but he would be my least fave member of the original band!

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Hey! I'm a fan of the 70's!

Without the 70's there'd be no 80's stuff like Lick it Up, Asylum, Crazy Nights ( cheesin' ) or HITS!!! I'm just not & never have been a big fan of Peter Criss. I understand his importance but he would be my least fave member of the original band!

I thought you were going to leave this topic now !!??? scratch

What about Animalize ??? I suppose you're going to say Mark St John (R.I.P) had no important input into KISSTORY either........................Oh, hang on a minute. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show   Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter Criss on The Eddie Trunk Show
Page 1 of 1