Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith live...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:47 am

Starts at 1 hour 10.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm

I've never understood how band members can stand so still when playing such great music that just makes you wanna boogie till you drop!

Are Brad n Tom actually alive?!!!!

But great post!!! Loved watchin that...brill, brill...BRILL!!!!... cheer

And how many people turned up... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:59 am

RFFB wrote:
I've never understood how band members can stand so still when playing such great music that just makes you wanna boogie till you drop!

Are Brad n Tom actually alive?!!!!

But great post!!! Loved watchin that...brill, brill...BRILL!!!!... cheer

And how many people turned up... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

In the same way Mick Mars is...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 am

I love bands that remember their fans!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:57 am

Chrissy wrote:

Yet still produce half assed ballad filled albums that are so far removed from their original sound... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Yet still produce half assed ballad filled albums that are so far removed from their original sound... Wink
So I take it there is a strong leaning towards the ballads then?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

So I take it there is a strong leaning towards the ballads then?

There's a strong leaning to being shit! I like 4 or 5 songs out of the 15...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

Pete wrote:
15!!!

See this si where bands go wrong...theythink they have to put out a shit load of songs when if they cut the 'shit' out, they'd deliver a class album.

Well, I hope to get this on Saturday so I'll find out then!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
15!!!

See this si where bands go wrong...theythink they have to put out a shit load of songs when if they cut the 'shit' out, they'd deliver a class album.

Well, I hope to get this on Saturday so I'll find out then!!

It's an odd album, with a mishmash of styles. Had it been 10/12 tracks with 2 ballads & the rest way out rockers it would've been better...
Still I hope you enjoy it...

Ps. How dare you critisize the amount of songs on an album! Fucking disgraceful behaviour...

Last edited by Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 am

he's at it again! Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:46 am

Pete wrote:

It's an odd album, with a mishmash of styles. Had it been 10/12 tracks with 2 ballads & the rest way out rockers it would've been better...
Still I hope you enjoy it...

Ps. How dare you critisize the amount of songs on an album! Fucking disgraceful behaviour...
BRILLIANT!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:46 am

Sorry to say this Pete, but this AEROSMITH album is about the best thing I have heard in years. Most of the songs could easily have come off any of the classic mid 70's albums. Yes, there are a few typically 80's ballads, which is a shame, but this blows away the come back albums from VH and either of the last 2 KISS efforts.

To me the VH album has a hand full of cool tunes, but when you have to go back to the old demos that always worries me. There's a reason why they never made it onto albums in the first place!

The last 2 KISS efforts on the whole to me says the band has either ran out of ideas, just isn't putting the effort into making good songs great and tbh, I actually am beginning to doubt how much they really want to be writing new songs and putting out new albums. I know that's a strange thing to say, but I just feel that they are, mostly, half baked songs. And Gene is just writing songs that are the equivalent of 'painting by numbers'.

This Aerosmith album, on the other hand, is full of great tunes, energy, a fantastic vibe and you can tell that they have put time, thought and effort into making an truely great comeback album. The songs on this album just grab you.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 am

I had the whole album played to me. I love it!! Out of all the songs I had 3 I dont like and 2 of those had Joe singing...

I love the sound of the songs. Classic Aerosmith that had me moving from the start of each song. Their sound is still that classic Aerosmith I remember but has evolved so its not boring. Really great beat and a drive that makes you move right away. Love it when a songs grabs me so then anticipating the chorus and already singing along without hearing the whole song.

Kudos to Aerosmith for sticking in there and giving me a fantastic album. Shows off the talent of the band itself and the true reason they are as good as they are. They have a formula that works and Steven Tyler is amazing his voice is on point!!!

I am heading out to buy this not get a copy burned for me. I will play this over and over and truly just enjoy the sound of it.
Well done Aerosmith!!

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 am

RFFB wrote:
Sorry to say this Pete, but this AEROSMITH album is about the best thing I have heard in years. Most of the songs could easily have come off any of the classic mid 70's albums. Yes, there are a few typically 80's ballads, which is a shame, but this blows away the come back albums from VH and either of the last 2 KISS efforts.

To me the VH album has a hand full of cool tunes, but when you have to go back to the old demos that always worries me. There's a reason why they never made it onto albums in the first place!

The last 2 KISS efforts on the whole to me says the band has either ran out of ideas, just isn't putting the effort into making good songs great and tbh, I actually am beginning to doubt how much they really want to be writing new songs and putting out new albums. I know that's a strange thing to say, but I just feel that they are, mostly, half baked songs. And Gene is just writing songs that are the equivalent of 'painting by numbers'.

This Aerosmith album, on the other hand, is full of great tunes, energy, a fantastic vibe and you can tell that they have put time, thought and effort into making an truely great comeback album. The songs on this album just grab you.

Different strokes for different folks...

It's ok, nothing special though...oh and I see Aerosmith have jumped on the country bandwagon too...

I guess for me I was an 80's 'Smiths fan so I only know that and a select few 70's gems..the best track to me is Out Go The Lights which was a cast off from Pump. Just think it's a bit bloated and rather self indulgent on the ballads...

Still each to their own. Unless you want to start an argument about it!!?!?!? cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 am

if you need one!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 am

Chrissy wrote:
if you need one!!!

Well I personally don't but for everyone to just agree & move on seems so unreasonable!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 am

it does doesnt it..

and yes they did the country thing but so does a lot of bands. I actually like some country it tends to be more southern rock if anything but the only thing you have south is London so not much there is there..

Def Leppard did one and I really liked that...

Seems to be a smart move over here as its such a popular music and if its done right you really do get a cool rock sound and no twang!!
Yee Haw!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 am

Chrissy wrote:
it does doesnt it..

and yes they did the country thing but so does a lot of bands. I actually like some country it tends to be more southern rock if anything but the only thing you have south is London so not much there is there..

Def Leppard did one and I really liked that...

Seems to be a smart move over here as its such a popular music and if its done right you really do get a cool rock sound and no twang!!
Yee Haw!

Bon Jovi did a whole country rock album, which I really like. I guess some country music is cool, as you say more southern style rock than twang...

Anyway the Aerosmith album has sold the same as Kiss' Monster & both have sold less than VH's ADKOT. I guess the music biz is fkd which is why tour tickets are stupidly expensive...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 am

all good points......

I do not like the changes to the music industry. They have taken everything personal out of it. I miss the days when you lined up at tower records on Sunset to get your concert tickets. I hate all this online shit.

I might be wrong but I miss th eold days when you didnt have a ticket you could get one concert day from a scalper that only made a few bucks off you and not 100's. I miss the days when you would wait for the boxes to get unpacked. You'd watch them beak the seals on the record boxes and they's hand you one the way to check out. I couldn't wait to get home and open it slowly. Hold it in my hands and just be so happy it was here!!!!! Put it on the record player and here that first chord and just smle and go its here!!!Read the cover front to back a thousand times and if it had an insert oh wow that was so cool!!!!! Lay on the bed and just listen to it over and oer till your mom screams if I hear that record one more time i'm taking it away!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:47 am

Chrissy wrote:
all good points......

I do not like the changes to the music industry. They have taken everything personal out of it. I miss the days when you lined up at Tower Records on Sunset to get your concert tickets. I hate all this online shit.

I might be wrong but I miss the old days when you didn't have a ticket you could get one concert day from a scalper that only made a few bucks off you and not 100's.

I miss the days when you would wait for the boxes to get unpacked. You'd watch them break the seals on the record boxes and they'd hand you one the way to check out.

I couldn't wait to get home and open it slowly. Hold it in my hands and just be so happy it was here!!!!! Put it on the record player and hear that first chord and just smle and go its here!!! Read the cover front to back a thousand times and if it had an insert oh wow that was so cool!!!!! Lay on the bed and just listen to it over and over till your mom screams if I hear that record one more time i'm taking it away!!!!!!!

thums up

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aerosmith live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith live...   Aerosmith live... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith live...
Page 1 of 1