Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axl shows up!

Go down 
+2
Rev
Chrissy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 am

Axl Rose isn't looking anything like the lithe rock star he was at the height of his fame. When Guns N' Roses played at the Rock in Rio festival in Brazil this week, the 49-year-old sole original member cut a figure that was a far cry from the lean and mean body that made him a hard rock pin-up in the late '80s..

Garbed in a bulging yellow raincoat, Rose obscured his puffy face with sunglasses and a black hat. In response to an inquiry about his apparent weight gain, a rep for Rose said: "You are the first to mention this. If anything, it might be his time off from touring." .

After coming onstage two hours late, the tardy Rose voiced his concerns to the audience about prancing around a rain-soaked stage, thereby excusing himself from too much physical exertion. "I'm going to try to focus on singing rather than running around like an idiot. I'm better at being an idiot. We want everybody to be careful." Contrary to his stated goal, Rose struggled to keep time with his backing band even more than he struggled to move around the stage. Although the singer treated fans to a variety of G 'N R classics, a lot of fans left the concert likely feeling stymied, having waited two hours in the rain just to watch Axl Rose turn in a slovenly performance..

Which is to say: His physique isn't the only thing that is unrecognizable from his early Guns days. As our own Daniel Kreps pointed out after viewing this clip from the Rock in Rio performance, his voice sounds "like our friends belting it out during a game of Guitar Hero 3."

Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm

That was painful to watch. No
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:28 am

Surely the title of this thread should be Axl shows himself up?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 am

oh nice!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:59 am

Quite sad how the once 'Most Dangerous band in the world' are now a pale shadow of themselves. I still love Appetite for Destruction..
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 am

The band was good, that is all:)
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:31 am

If ever a band was liked for what it DID and it's past reputation...

...it has to be KISS!!

DAMN IT!! Bad habit I've got!

Sorry...GnR!!!!

1 totally classic album and the rest are very hit n miss with Chinese Demoracy being a pile of shite. How they are still playing to huge crowds is beyond me.

Shit singer, with a shit attitude, with a shit band living on past glory & totally destroying the old tunes also.

Seriously, why bother?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 am

I see he's declined the invitation to The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:56 pm

sometimes a person tries to turn their life around and really deserves a second & third chance. He Just doesn't sound good anymore... well not here anyway. And He still has that attitude... Doesn't seem like he'd have many friends. Kinda sad.

I could never sing...When I am riding my bike listening to my ipod and belting out my favorite tunes. I get out of breath.... easily.. I noticed He seems like a fish outta water most of the time. Gasping for air... He better work on that too!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:17 am

Marty wrote:
sometimes a person tries to turn their life around and really deserves a second & third chance. He Just doesn't sound good anymore... well not here anyway. And He still has that attitude... Doesn't seem like he'd have many friends. Kinda sad.

I could never sing...When I am riding my bike listening to my ipod and belting out my favorite tunes. I get out of breath.... easily.. I noticed He seems like a fish outta water most of the time. Gasping for air... He better work on that too!!!

No wonder yopu don't see snakes until too late and come off you bike!! That's dangerous young lady!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Axl shows up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl shows up!   Axl shows up! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axl shows up!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Classic & Old School-
Jump to: