Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Black Sabbath Reunion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 48
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Black Sabbath Reunion   Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:54 am

The original lineup of Black Sabbath has reunited and will release a new studio album, the first to feature vocalist Ozzy Osbourne since 1978′s ‘Never Say Die’, next year. The foursome are also currently in rehearsals for a new tour.

Guitarist Tony Iommi confirmed the news to the Birmingham Mail, revealing that he and Osbourne met this past June to write material for a new album, which he says is scheduled for a 2012 release. “I think the stuff we’ve been writing is really good,” he states. “It’s more back to the old original stuff.”



I hear they are in England now and the album is supposed to be released by the end of this year..!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 105
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Sorry to blow your bubble but this was 'announced' a few months back...and promptly denied by Mr Iommi.

He said he was havin an 'off the record' chat with a journalist he had known for years and the topic of a reunion came up. He said he mentioned a few things and the next thing he knew a full blown reunion was being shouted about by this journo!

So journo is now off his Xmas card list! And the reunion is not taking place!

Here's Mr Iommi's press release on this back in August:

Black Sabbath Reunion Speculation

16th August 2011
Black Sabbath Reunion

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this
point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it
sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home of Metal exhibition and was merely
speculating, shooting the breeze, on something all of us get asked
constantly, "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the internet it's gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement
on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory,
he won't have another at my expense.

to my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

All the best, Tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 48
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:26 pm

thats odd because our radio just announced it the other day...

said the songs had been written here a while back and they were currently being recorded in England...

Not like them to speculate...

oh well sorry for that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 105
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Chrissy wrote:
thats odd because our radio just announced it the other day...

said the songs had been written here a while back and they were currently being recorded in England...

Not like them to speculate...

oh well sorry for that....
Well either the 'rumour' has just got waaaaay outta hand and become a gig chinese whispers thing...or Mr Iommi has been playin PR games so the announcement comes at a time of their choosing and not leaked by some hack.

We shall see. Personally, I'm not that convinced by bands gettin back together and recording new tunes...never seems to be what is hoped for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 58
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:10 am

I hope it doesn't happen. Ozzy just can't cut it "live" anymore and I really fear for Bill if he is asked to come back. He wasn't in the best of health the last reunion, this one will probably kill him if it happens !!!! My wish is for Tony, Geezer and Vinnie to resurrect Heven and Hell with Jorn Lande on vacals. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 44
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:19 am

Roger. H wrote:
I hope it doesn't happen. Ozzy just can't cut it "live" anymore and I really fear for Bill if he is asked to come back. He wasn't in the best of health the last reunion, this one will probably kill him if it happens !!!! My wish is for Tony, Geezer and Vinnie to resurrect Heven and Hell with Jorn Lande on vacals. Very Happy

This. The only reason this will happen is if Mrs O needs a new facelift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 58
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:01 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I hope it doesn't happen. Ozzy just can't cut it "live" anymore and I really fear for Bill if he is asked to come back. He wasn't in the best of health the last reunion, this one will probably kill him if it happens !!!! My wish is for Tony, Geezer and Vinnie to resurrect Heven and Hell with Jorn Lande on vacals. Very Happy

This. The only reason this will happen is if Mrs O needs a new facelift.

Not even a Sabbath reunion could raise enough money to fix that !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 105
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:54 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I hope it doesn't happen. Ozzy just can't cut it "live" anymore and I really fear for Bill if he is asked to come back. He wasn't in the best of health the last reunion, this one will probably kill him if it happens !!!! My wish is for Tony, Geezer and Vinnie to resurrect Heven and Hell with Jorn Lande on vacals. Very Happy

This. The only reason this will happen is if Mrs O needs a new facelift.

Not even a Sabbath reunion could raise enough money to fix that !!!
lol!

The Mrs O. fan club is back!!!!

Truthfully while Sabbath on record have produced some my fav albums, live they weren't as good as I'd have hoped and that was back in the 70's at their peak! So Lord knows what they'd be like now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 44
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:10 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I hope it doesn't happen. Ozzy just can't cut it "live" anymore and I really fear for Bill if he is asked to come back. He wasn't in the best of health the last reunion, this one will probably kill him if it happens !!!! My wish is for Tony, Geezer and Vinnie to resurrect Heven and Hell with Jorn Lande on vacals. Very Happy

This. The only reason this will happen is if Mrs O needs a new facelift.

Not even a Sabbath reunion could raise enough money to fix that !!!
lol!

The Mrs O. fan club is back!!!!

Truthfully while Sabbath on record have produced some my fav albums, live they weren't as good as I'd have hoped and that was back in the 70's at their peak! So Lord knows what they'd be like now...
...errrr...SHIT!


Last edited by Pete on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 105
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:19 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:


The Mrs O. fan club is back!!!!

Truthfully while Sabbath on record have produced some my fav albums, live they weren't as good as I'd have hoped and that was back in the 70's at their peak! So Lord knows what they'd be like now...
...errrr...SHIT!
Ah!

The indepth critique!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 58
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 am

The first time I saw Sabbath was on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath tour, and to my (then) young eyes and ears, they were beyond brilliant. Unfortunately the next time I saw them they were very ordinary and blown off the stage by a young support band called Van Halen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 44
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 am

Roger. H wrote:
The first time I saw Sabbath was on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath tour, and to my (then) young eyes and ears, they were beyond brilliant. Unfortunately the next time I saw them they were very ordinary and blown off the stage by a young support band called Van Halen.

Never seen Sabbath live. Seen ozzy on numerous occasions. Performances ranged from excellent (Theatre of Madness tour 1991 ?) to bloody awful - Donington 1996. Even if they do reform and tour I doubt very much I'll attend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 105
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 am

Roger. H wrote:
The first time I saw Sabbath was on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath tour, and to my (then) young eyes and ears, they were beyond brilliant. Unfortunately the next time I saw them they were very ordinary and blown off the stage by a young support band called Van Halen.
That is the tour I would have LOVED to have seen.

Saw the Technical Ecstacy tour which I did think was pretty amazing but as is widely accepted the 78 Never Say Die tour they were destroyed by some Californian upstarts!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 44
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:20 am

I'm sure we all know by now that Black Sabbath have reunited for a new album, world tour & are headlining Download...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 48
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 am

sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 44
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:39 am

Chrissy wrote:
sounds good to me!

Until Ozzy starts 'singing'... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty

avatar

Number of posts : 3056
Age : 55
Location : windy city
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Mr. Croooowley,,,dun.. dun.. dun!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 105
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:11 pm

IF they do a tour and play Bham(!!!!!!) and the tix aren't a stupid price once you take into account all those stupid fees...I MIGHT go.

Oh wait...not a chance the tix won't be a stupid price!!!!

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 44
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Tony Iommi diagnosed with early stages of lymphoma   Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 am

Quote :
From Black Sabbath's Facebook page:

With the news that Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, his bandmates would like everyone to send positive vibes to the guitarist at this time. Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan--the “IRON MAN” of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery.

This comes as Black Sabbath...--Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums)--are writing and recording their first album in 33 years in Los Angeles (still set for release this fall) with producer Rick Rubin. They will now go to the UK to continue to work with Tony. Further information will be released as it becomes available.


Hope he makes a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Reunion   

Back to top Go down
 
Black Sabbath Reunion
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ozzy Osbourne & Tony Iommi Settle Black Sabbath Trademark Lawsuit
» Josh Freese no. 16 on Rhythm Magazine gratest drummers of last 25 Years
» Six Degrees of Black Sabbath
» Supergroup Black Country Featuring Glenn Hughes & Jason Bonham Reveal Album Track Listing
» First time On CD Black Bach - Lamont Dozier '74

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Classic & Old School-
Jump to: