Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seb Bach loses his house...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Seb Bach loses his house... Empty
PostSubject: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:54 am

Quote :
Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has posted the following message on his Facebook page:

"I am numb, in shock and devastated to report that my home of 21 years, my house featured on MTV 'Cribs', has been destroyed, condemned and deemed uninhabitable due to the extreme flooding courtesy of Hurricane Irene.

"In the two decades I have lived in this home, there has never been a single drop of water in the basement or anywhere else in the structure. Now Irene has overflowed the reservoir adjacent to my house. The surging waters have snapped the bridge in half next to my house and sent the bridge straight into my garage, knocking the house off of its foundation. The basement that has been dry for over two decades is now overflowing with water and I am not even allowed to start pumping the water out due to fears of electrocution.

"Original SKID ROW and KISS fans, I have bad news for you. Gone are irreplacable items, such as my KISS Gargoyles from the 1979 tour. KISS pinball machine. SKID ROW master tapes, video and audio, concerts, master tapes from 'Oh Say Can You Scream', etc. Boxes and boxes of one-of-a-kind SKID ROW memorabilia, from the first tour to our last, all stuff I collected on the road that no one else had. I had a library in the basement with every single magazine that had SKID ROW on the cover. This library took up a big part of the basement. All of this is lost now.

"We will salvage what we can, of course. But how I wish there was a reason to do a box set or something before Hurricane Irene hit. Nobody cared. Now it's too late.

"Don't know what you got till it's gone, indeed.

"The good news is that all my father's artwork, including the 16-foot 'Slave To The Grind' mural, is all OK. My sons and friends moved all my dad's art to the second level of the structure before Irene destroyed our home. My Silver Age comic collection is all on the third level, with the David Bierk archives, which is a completely dry level. But we are not allowed into the house yet to retrieve everything because the foundation has crumbled and the house could conceivably collapse at any second. We are working with the police and fire department to get the electricity turned off so no one gets electrocuted entering the premises. As soon as the power is off, we will pump out the basement and salvage what we can. Everything will be put into storage and then it looks like we will level the house.

"This has really taught me that the best things in life are indeed 'free.' What makes me happy is that my children and ex-wife are safe. My dad's art is unharmed. No one got hurt. My scrapbooks of memories of my life are dry and safe. The only things that are making me smile today is cranking BLACK VEIL BRIDES' 'Set The World On Fire' CD over and over again. Texting Danny from ASKING ALEXANDRIA who may become my new roommate in L.A. Getting texts from my girl Minnie [Gupta] in L.A. making sure I'm OK and trying to cheer me up. My neighbours in New Jersey clamouring around my house, calling me, offering help in any way they can. These things mean more to me than mere posessions.

"I have been holding on to my house since December, when my divorce papers were filed. I just could not let go of the only home I had ever known.

"Well, God has other plans for me it seems. He has made His decision for me.

"My home has been taken away by an 'act of God.' I just think He is giving me a much-needed push, is all.

"New Jersey, thank you all so much for 25 years of rock 'n' roll. It's all over now.

"I will always love New Jersey, but now there is literally nothing left for me here except memories of a past life.

"Hello, Los Angeles. Hello, New Life. Here i am. It's time for a new start.

"Like I have a choice."

Actually really sad this. I know others have been affected, possibly worse than Seb but his house was cool...just goes to show the power of nature...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 am

So sad.....

That area is not used to getting Hurricanes so when they evacuated new York City we knew it was really bad....
Thank God so many people made it through with their lives...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 am

Like he said, at least no-one got hurt, but still very sad news.

As a fellow collector I feel his pain at losing what has taken a lifetime to gather.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:34 am

RFFB wrote:

As a fellow collector I feel his pain at losing what has taken a lifetime to gather.

Did you ever see the 'Cribs' episode? What a house! I wonder if the Gene Simmons blood is safe?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:39 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Did you ever see the 'Cribs' episode? What a house! I wonder if the Gene Simmons blood is safe?
I actually did! And yes! What a house!!

I lost my GENE blood cup from Paris 1996...well, didn't quite 'lose it', let's just say women can be real bitches... Rolling Eyes

It was nice n sweet that blood! Had to have a taste!!!! I was a little surpised by that for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:41 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

I actually did! And yes! What a house!!

I lost my GENE blood cup from Paris 1996...well, didn't quite 'lose it', let's just say women can be real bitches... Rolling Eyes

It was nice n sweet that blood! Had to have a taste!!!! I was a little surpised by that for some reason.

Present company excluded, of course!
I would've loved a house like that...
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:32 am

He knew it was coming, why didn't he move the stuff out of the house or basement?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:40 am

laxcdn wrote:
He knew it was coming, why didn't he move the stuff out of the house or basement?

I don't expect he thougght the bridge would be washed into house though..

Anyway...

A little good news...
Seb Bach loses his house... X

Quote :
Ripped today from the clutches of Irene...this is the exact copy if KISS Alive! that my dad gave to me when I was 10 years old. Years later Gene Simmons was cool enough to sign it for me. Tofay this was yanked out of Irenes soggy clutches ... & ynow what? Fuck you Irene! Can the Gargoyles be next ??
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:15 am

Pete wrote:
A little good news...

Quote :
Ripped today from the clutches of Irene...this is the exact copy if KISS Alive! that my dad gave to me when I was 10 years old. Years later Gene Simmons was cool enough to sign it for me. Tofay this was yanked out of Irenes soggy clutches ... & ynow what? Fuck you Irene! Can the Gargoyles be next ??

It's a FAKE!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 am

RFFB wrote:
It's a FAKE!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

How do you know it's fake?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:46 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
It's a FAKE!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I WAS JESTING!!

In keeping with that 'other' site!... Wink
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:24 pm

too funny!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
It's a FAKE!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I WAS JESTING!!

Oh right. Embarassed

Thought you knew something...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:22 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
It's a FAKE!!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I WAS JESTING!!

Oh right. Embarassed

Thought you knew something...

Rolling Eyes D'oh !!!!!! lol! lol! Good old Pete, taking everything literally as usual !! Bless him !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 am

Roger. H wrote:
Rolling Eyes D'oh !!!!!! lol! lol! Good old Pete, taking everything literally as usual !! Bless him !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Must admit I thought he'd have got the joke!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seb Bach loses his house...   Seb Bach loses his house... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seb Bach loses his house...
Page 1 of 1