Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley "No Regrets"

Go down 
+2
RFFB
Rev
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   Empty
PostSubject: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:17 am

Have to say I am REALLY looking forward to this. Hope he doesn't hold back and dishes all the shit that went on. We've heard $immons & Stanley mouth off at regular intervals about Ace n Peter and hope that Ace doesn't mince his words and tells how he feels about how $immons turned KISS into a kiddies band back in the late 70's amongst many, many other things.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:41 am

RFFB wrote:
Have to say I am REALLY looking forward to this. Hope he doesn't hold back and dishes all the shit that went on. We've heard $immons & Stanley mouth off at regular intervals about Ace n Peter and hope that Ace doesn't mince his words and tells how he feels about how $immons turned KISS into a kiddies band back in the late 70's amongst many, many other things.

Think Mr Aucoin had a part to play there too...

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Think Mr Aucoin had a part to play there too...

Very probably correct, but $immons has always been the one who took the biggest interest in that side of the band and when I read Ace saying the band would be summoned to a business meeting and moneybags would arrive all suited up and he'd be there in his everyday clothes, that says something to me.

As Ace said, he just wanted to play guitar in a RnR band. He couldn't give a shit about owning 25% of some hotel somewhere he'd never heard of or investing in oil drilling in Texas. And yes you could argue that's why $immons maintained most of his wealth, and Ace didn't, but I have to agree with Ace.

Other than the practical side of taking care of your own money, who in any RnR band thinks "Hey! I know! I'll invest in oil drilling!!!"

Oh yeah...$immons does... Rolling Eyes

And I'm sure when Aucoin licensed another kiddies toy $immons didn't say "no"...whereas I have heard Ace say he was sick of all the merchandising. Even Mr Stanley said, during the Reunion, that they weren't going to make that mistake again, that the merch overshadowed the band as what they were supposed to be, a RnR band.

Amazing how $$$ can change someone's mind.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:45 am

I like toys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Roger. H wrote:
I like toys. Very Happy
There's always one isn't there!!!!

lol!

To be honest, I do like the fact that KISS lends itself to a side most bands can't do, but I also believe that there is a line between being a RnR band and being a toy company.

KISS, unfortunately, are more toy company than RnR band to me these days.

Actually, more accurately the name of KISS is more like a $$$ printing machine in any and all forms than anything else. I can see the meetings now, company rep "Mr $immons, we are willing to give you $100,000 to print your logo and face images on (insert whatever product the hell you want here)"...$immons "Thank you"...

Ker ching!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:57 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I like toys. Very Happy
There's always one isn't there!!!!

lol!

And you can rely on me to be them. Wink thums up
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:35 pm

"Where doe's he get all those wonderful toys?"
Ebay boss!!

Look forward to the book though.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Totally agree, Pete!!!

This is another 'buy as soon as it hits the stores!' item!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:41 am

RFFB wrote:
Totally agree, Pete!!!

This is another 'buy as soon as it hits the stores!' item!

Or put it on my Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   Kisslogo mas list...
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 am

Will be a cool read.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:38 am

Apparently he's doing a book signing in L.A. I wonder who I know might be able to.................................................... cheesin' cheesin' cheesin' batting eyelashes batting eyelashes batting eyelashes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:30 am

I think this book may well do Ace more harm than good having read the snippets. Makes him look rather petty & smalltime which is sad.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:40 am

Pete wrote:
I think this book may well do Ace more harm than good having read the snippets. Makes him look rather petty & smalltime which is sad.

Excellent !! The more sniping and slagging the better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:41 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Excellent !! The more sniping and slagging the better. Very Happy
Kissfaq has the first chapter if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 am

I'd rather save it for when I'm snuggled up on the sofa for a good read. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:11 am

Yep, the more sniping & slagging the better the read.

Ok, it may make ACE come across as bitter/petty and whatever else but personally I think it's about time someone stood up and showed Moneybags and his wife (by which I mean Stanley!) in their true light.

I don't view KISS through rose tinted specs...I think ACE has every right to be pissed off seeing TT in HIS make-up. So much for all the comments about 'the magic the original 4 created', how 'when the original 4 are on stage its something that can't be recreated', how each member designed their own make-up and it's personal to each of them.

And I'm certainly not saying ACE was, or even is, blameless. But at least he stayed true to his RnR roots and didn't sell out and become a f'king toy company and portraying an image of a band that actually does not exist.

I've said it before, but I'll say iy again. I was stunned to hear people at the shows saying that ACE played a great solo when it was TT. If you want TT in the band they stop pretending he's ACE with the make-up and copying his solos and even his freakin stage movements.

I hope ACE rips them a new arsehole so big they can shove all their $$$ right up there.

I also wish ACE would get off his own arse and give us another album and stop being a lazy prat. But at least he's still a Rock n Roller. Moneybags and his wife are corprorate twats playing rockstars bleeding their fans for every $ they can squeeze out of them.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:18 am

RFFB wrote:
Yep, the more sniping & slagging the better the read.

Ok, it may make ACE come across as bitter/petty and whatever else but personally I think it's about time someone stood up and showed Moneybags and his wife (by which I mean Stanley!) in their true light.

I don't view KISS through rose tinted specs...I think ACE has every right to be pissed off seeing TT in HIS make-up. So much for all the comments about 'the magic the original 4 created', how 'when the original 4 are on stage its something that can't be recreated', how each member designed their own make-up and it's personal to each of them.

And I'm certainly not saying ACE was, or even is, blameless. But at least he stayed true to his RnR roots and didn't sell out and become a f'king toy company and portraying an image of a band that actually does not exist.

I've said it before, but I'll say iy again. I was stunned to hear people at the shows saying that ACE played a great solo when it was TT. If you want TT in the band they stop pretending he's ACE with the make-up and copying his solos and even his freakin stage movements.

I hope ACE rips them a new arsehole so big they can shove all their $$$ right up there.

I also wish ACE would get off his own arse and give us another album and stop being a lazy prat. But at least he's still a Rock n Roller. Moneybags and his wife are corprorate twats playing rockstars bleeding their fans for every $ they can squeeze out of them.

I'm not naive to believe everything Gene/Paul/Ace and eventually Peter have to say. Just think it's a shame they (Gene & Ace) have gone down the public slating route...What they created should be celebrated not enveloped in bitterness and hard feelings...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:58 am

Pete wrote:
I'm not naive to believe everything Gene/Paul/Ace and eventually Peter have to say. Just think it's a shame they (Gene & Ace) have gone down the public slating route...What they created should be celebrated not enveloped in bitterness and hard feelings...
Well, I think Moneybags will have to take the blame for that as both him(especially) and PS pretty much started the slating both first time around and after the Reunion.

And the farce that Psycho Circus became, again GS & PS fault. They should have had the balls to stand up to the HIRED producer and tell him that this IS a KISS album and ACE & Peter are KISS. No wonder that Ace & Peter got pissed off.

And in any organisation if something proves a success, which the Reunion did, I think ACE n Peter were entitled to ask for a rise and for GS & PS to DENY them was a disgrace.

But no, Ace n Peter were being greedy cos it was GS & PS who kept the band going? Sod that. COS would have been the end of the band and the Reunion saved their skins because they went back to the most successful time of their carear. But all GS & PS saw was disgruntled members asking for more money.

Well they shouldn't have shat on AF & PC, disrespecting them by not letting them play on PC and giving them a rise, and I'm sure they would have remained happy members. That's how I see it anyway.

Again, not saying AF & PC were blameless but I think too many people see KISS, or more acuratly GS & PS, as some sort of heroes for keeping the band going, take what they say as Gospel and simply can do no wrong. When in truth, they are to blame for much of what happened and all the bad feelings now being spread around.

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:18 pm

I like toys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:20 am

Roger. H wrote:
I like toys. Very Happy

Yes. I've heard.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:53 am

Roger. H wrote:
I like toys. Very Happy
I sense a recurring theme!!!!!

Hmm, I wonder if Moneybags has thought about bringing out Brio trains with each band members face on them, like Thomas the Tank Engine?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:17 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I like toys. Very Happy
I sense a recurring theme!!!!!

Hmm, I wonder if Moneybags has thought about bringing out Brio trains with each band members face on them, like Thomas the Tank Engine?

Laughing

I'd buy 'em. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:23 am

I wouldn't (but only because I have nowhere to display them). Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:13 am

Awwwww !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"    Ace Frehley  "No Regrets"   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley "No Regrets"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next