Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance Empty
PostSubject: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:45 am

Chrissy started a thread about the USA taking out bin laden.

I wonder if they fancy having a pop at that rupert maxwell prick?

The world could do without him also.

I've never liked him, not ever. Even if I had the money I would never subscribe to 'sky'. As far as I'm concerned it's to blame for the downturn in the quality of TV and for turning football into a game where money is God.

But on a more serious level, I hate the man because the 'masses' believe the crap his papers spout. the s*n is credited for winning the general elections, and therefore the Government, for the past 20 years or something stupid. This shithole of a rag says 'vote for party x because...' and the muppets believe the shite they are spoon fed. Because they are incapable of forming an opinion of their own. And because the politicians knew the influence of that scummy rag they ran scared of maxwell.

Well, now with the scandal of the NOTW, I hope this is the start of his downfall. He had no choice but to pull the plug on this so called 'investigative' paper. And what did it investigate? Which celeb is taking drugs, sleeping with who, spending money on prostitutes and taking bungs to line their own pocket. It appealed to the lowest common denominator and mob beliefs. I could not care less what someone spends their money on as long as it is their choice.

Even when it tried to do something good to safeguard kids it got totally wrong. Naming & shaming of child abusers may sound like a good idea but it was presented, again, in a scare mongering manner to appeal to those thickos who wouldn't have an intelligent thought in their head if they tried. Again, mob mentality.

Already 1 major advertiser, a French car manufacturer (can't recall which) has said it will no longer advertise on any News International owned product as it does not wish to be associated with a 'tarnished' brand. Well, GOOD!!! And I hope more follow suit. And I hope maxwell's corporation is brought crashing down around him. Do I actually believe that will happen? No, probably not. But it's good to see the prick squirming like the worm he is.

So, r. maxwell...fuck off back to Australia...cos that's where we sent our convicts in the first place. You should feel right at home.

(and for the English police, which is usually me!, the lack of any capital letters in this post is intentional as a mark of the contempt I hold for this arsehole and his products other than Australia, cos he doesn't own that...yet.)

Last edited by RFFB on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:04 am

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy started a thread about the USA taking out bin laden.

I wonder if they fancy having a pop at that rupert maxwell
prick?

The world could do without him also.

I've never liked him, not ever. Even if I had the money I would never subscribe
to 'sky'. As far as I'm concerned it's to blame for the downturn in the quality
of TV and for turning football into a game where money is God.

But on a more serious level, I hate the man because the 'masses' believe the
crap his papers spout. the s*n is credited for winning the general elections,
and therefore the Government, for the past 20 years or something stupid. This
shithole of a rag says 'vote for party x because...' and the muppets believe
the shite they are spoon fed. Because they are incapable of forming an opinion of their own. And because the politicians knew the influence of
that scummy rag they ran scared of maxwell.

Well, now with the scandal of the NOTW, I hope this is the start of his
downfall. He had no choice but to pull the plug on this so called
'investigative' paper. And what did it investigate? Which celeb is taking
drugs, sleeping with who, spending money on prostitutes and taking bungs to
line their own pocket. It appealed to the lowest common denominator and mob
beliefs. I could not care less what someone spends their money on as long as it
is their choice.

Even when it tried to do something good to safeguard kids it got totally
wrong. Naming & shaming of child abusers may sound like a good idea
but it was presented, again, in a scare mongering manner to appeal to
those thickos who wouldn't have an intelligent thought in their head if
they tried. Again, mob mentality.

Already 1 major advertiser, a French car manufacturer (can't recall which) has
said it will no longer advertise on any News International owned product as it
does not wish to be associated with a 'tarnished' brand. Well, GOOD!!! And I
hope more follow suit. And I hope maxwell's corporation is brought crashing
down around him. Do I actually believe that will happen? No, probably not. But
it's good to see the prick squirming like the worm he is.

So, r. maxwell...fuck off back to Australia...cos that's where we
sent our convicts in the first place. You should feel right at home.

(and for the English police, which is usually me!, the lack of any capital letters in this post is intentional as a mark of the contempt I hold for this arsehole and his products other than Australia, cos he doesn't own that...yet.)

Great rant mate, shame it's Rupert Murdoch who is the owner of Sky and News International. Mr Maxwell was food for the fishes years ago. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 am

Roger. H wrote:

Great rant mate, shame it's Rupert Murdoch who is the owner of Sky and News International. Mr Maxwell was food for the fishes years ago. Very Happy
SEE!!!!

THAT'S how much I hate him!!! I don't even want to know his name!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe it was Fraudian, hoping he'll go the same way as maxwell? murdoch/maxwell...there wasn't much between them.

And I'm not even even gonna edit my post...cos even if it is the wrong name Embarassed ...my sentiments still stand!!!!!!! And he's still a prick!!!!!

And what the hell happened to my post also!!! I didn't notice that formatting!!! Strange, I only wrote it in Word then copied/pasted into here!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:58 pm

It is always interesting how things are presented here vs there...I mentioned To Adam that I saw a blurb on the tv about a famous UK newspaper closing..other than mentiioning wire tapping not a whole lot was said. Buffet for sure wasn't mentioned. Interesting how the media can take something so big and turn it into a news blurb. It wasn't until i got an earfull from Adam on this that I understood the meaning of all of this and just the absolute nightmare that has been created...

What is wrong with people?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:18 am

As someone affected by the lies printed in the notw and in the s*n (SPIT) 22 years ago I wholeheartedly concur with all the above!

Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance ClappingBye bye NOTW...& good riddance Clapping

Last edited by Pete on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:10 am

I haven't read any paper for years. They are all a bunch of lying and corrupt bastards.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:26 am

Roger. H wrote:
I haven't read any paper for years. They are all a bunch of lying and corrupt bastards.

Not even The Beano?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:27 am

Roger. H wrote:
Ain't that the truth!!!

They all have their own agenda and anyway, why do newpapers still exsist? All it is, is yesterdays news. TV news coverage and the internet should have killed them off!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Looks like we're only at the tip of the iceberg.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 am

Roger. H wrote:
Looks like we're only at the tip of the iceberg.

Please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please, please please let the s*n be caught up in this scandal!!!

Nothing and I mean absolutely NOTHING would give me more pleasure than to see that lying good for nothing rag get embroiled in this whole seedy affair and go out of print too!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:21 am

Nor me, either.

And it looks like it could be about to happen. Both the s*n & the sunday times have now been mentioned as having gained info by 'dubious' methods.

I would LOVE to see his media empire crumble but the demise of the s*n would be the best!

Personally, I doubt these practices have been unique to his papers but it's his fall that would please me most.

Anyone else noticed that while every other newspapers front page is leading with the hacking scandal, the s*n has gone with the Beckhams!!!

I wonder why that could be?... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:29 am

RFFB wrote:
Anyone else noticed that while every other newspapers front page is leading with the hacking scandal, the s*n has gone with the Beckhams!!!

Because it's big news? Woman gives birth to girl after previously giving birth to three boys. It doesn't happen every day you know...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Because it's big news? Woman gives birth to girl after previously giving birth to three boys. It doesn't happen every day you know...
That's about their standard of 'journalism' and about the mentality of the average s*n reader too.

Don't care if I sound snobby here either!

I HATE the s*n!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

That's about their standard of 'journalism' and about the mentality of the average s*n reader too.

Don't care if I sound snobby here either!

I HATE the s*n!

My Grandad (god bless his soul, love you Grandad) always use to buy three 'news' papers.

A Broadsheet to see what's happening in the world, An Express/Mail to see what might be happening in the world & the s*n (prior to 1989) or the Mirror to see what's not happening in the world but have a good giggle to...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:17 am

Pete wrote:
My Grandad (god bless his soul, love you Grandad) always use to buy three 'news' papers.

A Broadsheet to see what's happening in the world, An Express/Mail to see what might be happening in the world & the s*n (prior to 1989) or the Mirror to see what's not happening in the world but have a good giggle to...
THAT...is actually pretty good thinking!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:19 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

THAT...is actually pretty good thinking!!!

My Grandad was cool. Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:38 am

Newscorp withdraws bid
News Corp withdraws bid for BSkyB

The announcement came as the House of Commons was preparing to vote for a motion calling on Mr Murdoch to do so.

All three major party leaders had said they supported the motion, which would not be legally binding on News Corp.

The decision follows days of allegations about phone hacking by News Corp subsidiary News International.

"We believed that the proposed acquisition of BSkyB by News Corporation would benefit both companies, but it has become clear that it is too difficult to progress in this climate," said News Corp chairman Chase Carey in a statement.

"News Corporation remains a committed long-term shareholder in BSkyB. We are proud of the success it has achieved and out contribution to it."

The BBC's business editor Robert Peston said: "It's a huge humiliation. This was [News Corp's] biggest investment plan of the moment. It was one of the biggest investments they've ever wanted to make.

"It is an extraordinary reversal of corporate fortune... And questions will now be asked whether this is the full extent of the damage to the empire

Last edited by Pete on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:55 am

its nice to see someone reap what they sow....
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:44 pm

3 BILLION wiped off the share value!!!

Oh, this is getting good!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:05 am

RFFB wrote:

They won't go under though...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:45 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Maybe not, but the implications business wise are fairly severe!

And now...the Americans are investigating cliams that 9/11 families may have been hacked!!! If they prove that is the case he will be in serious trouble. AND! His Australian papers are also under investigation!!!

It just gets better!!!!

There is talk that he may offload all his UK papers before the shit gets to them also. They won't disappear like the NOTW, but a change in ownership would hopefully be better than the scummy one they have right now.

Or you'd hope so anyway. Still, many journalists are pretty much low life, but I hope this had been a shock and a lesson to them all.

Last edited by RFFB on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:28 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Maybe not, but the implications business wise are fairly severe!

And now...the Americans are investigating cliams that 9/11 families may have been hacked!!! If they prove that is the case he will be in serious trouble. AND! His Australian papers are also under investigation!!!

It just gets better!!!!

There is talk that he may offload all his UK papers before the shit gets to them also. They won't disappear that the NOTW, but a change in ownership would hopefully be better than the scummy one they have right now.

Or you'd hope so anyway. Still, many journalists are pretty much low life, but I hope this had been a shock and a lesson to them all.

Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:22 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14148658

I thought Murdoch was an Aussie? Not that it matters that much.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 am

Pete wrote:

He is, or I thougt he was!

Like I said in an earlier post...we need to send him back there like we used to in the old days!

Keith Rupert Murdoch
Born 11 March 1931 (1931-03-11) (age 80) Melbourne, Australia

Nationality United States (naturalized 1985)

well that answers that!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:04 pm

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

He is, or I thougt he was!

Like I said in an earlier post...we need to send him back there like we used to in the old days!

Keith Rupert Murdoch
Born 11 March 1931 (1931-03-11) (age 80) Melbourne, Australia

Nationality United States (naturalized 1985)

well that answers that!

He's 80? Sounds like he's due for a stroke...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance   Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bye bye NOTW...& good riddance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next