Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 That's That then.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: That's That then.   Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Just been told by our landlord that we have two months notice to quit the house. Apparently her God Mother wants to move into the village so she is having our house. We did suspect something was up as our numerous enquiries about renewing our contract ( which is up on 18th April ) did not receive replies. She has offered us a choice of two other houses in the village but we are of a mind to tell her where she can shove them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty

avatar

Number of posts : 3056
Age : 55
Location : windy city
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Roger. H wrote:
Just been told by our landlord that we have two months notice to quit the house. Apparently her God Mother wants to move into the village so she is having our house. We did suspect something was up as our numerous enquiries about renewing our contract ( which is up on 18th April ) did not receive replies. She has offered us a choice of two other houses in the village but we are of a mind to tell her where she can shove them.


im sorry Unbelievable!!! Two months!!! WTF is with them?? kill group hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:31 pm

I guess at least they gave you 2 months. Sometimes you only get the month but you have been good tenants they could have warned you earlier...
I guess this is the big question of the day because if I remember correctly Stevie hasnt moved into the next job yet has she? That must make it hard to decide where to live...

Sending you guys good thoughts..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:07 am

Bugger!
If she has two other houses in the village why can't her Godmother have one of those?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 am

Pete wrote:
Bugger!
If she has two other houses in the village why can't her Godmother have one of those?

Because she wants ours !!! Mad Mad

We're, once again waiting for action on two fronts for a job for Stevie, 1. The job she is in at the moment is going to be turned into a permanent post, but ( as Pete Knows ) she'll have to apply for it even though she has created the post and her employers are happy with her. Or 2, Her name has been put forward by the agency she is with for a permanent job in Kettering, which is not a million miles away from Luton so we could be making a return there. either way we are deffinitely out of this place by 17th June.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:41 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Bugger!
If she has two other houses in the village why can't her Godmother have one of those?

Because she wants ours !!! Mad Mad

We're, once again waiting for action on two fronts for a job for Stevie, 1. The job she is in at the moment is going to be turned into a permanent post, but ( as Pete Knows ) she'll have to apply for it even though she has created the post and her employers are happy with her. Or 2, Her name has been put forward by the agency she is with for a permanent job in Kettering, which is not a million miles away from Luton so we could be making a return there. either way we are deffinitely out of this place by 17th June.


How unfair. Two respectable tenants being moved out for a someones God Mother. maybe you could sue her for the damage done to your leg? Guess that means Whitesanke in Wolves is off then...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Bugger!
If she has two other houses in the village why can't her Godmother have one of those?

Because she wants ours !!! Mad Mad

We're, once again waiting for action on two fronts for a job for Stevie, 1. The job she is in at the moment is going to be turned into a permanent post, but ( as Pete Knows ) she'll have to apply for it even though she has created the post and her employers are happy with her. Or 2, Her name has been put forward by the agency she is with for a permanent job in Kettering, which is not a million miles away from Luton so we could be making a return there. either way we are deffinitely out of this place by 17th June.


How unfair. Two respectable tenants being moved out for a someones God Mother. maybe you could sue her for the damage done to your leg? Guess that means Whitesanke in Wolves is off then...

I enquired about suing but was told it was just a freak accident and couldn't persue it. Whitesnake could still be on. I've got that week off work ( also Stevie is asking for the notice period to be extended to 3 months ) so I can be there quite easily. Just waiting for Adam, to see if he fancies it or just us two could meet up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:02 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Bugger!
If she has two other houses in the village why can't her Godmother have one of those?

Because she wants ours !!! Mad Mad

We're, once again waiting for action on two fronts for a job for Stevie, 1. The job she is in at the moment is going to be turned into a permanent post, but ( as Pete Knows ) she'll have to apply for it even though she has created the post and her employers are happy with her. Or 2, Her name has been put forward by the agency she is with for a permanent job in Kettering, which is not a million miles away from Luton so we could be making a return there. either way we are deffinitely out of this place by 17th June.


How unfair. Two respectable tenants being moved out for a someones God Mother. maybe you could sue her for the damage done to your leg? Guess that means Whitesanke in Wolves is off then...

I enquired about suing but was told it was just a freak accident and couldn't persue it. Whitesnake could still be on. I've got that week off work ( also Stevie is asking for the notice period to be extended to 3 months ) so I can be there quite easily. Just waiting for Adam, to see if he fancies it or just us two could meet up.


Fair enough. It's still exceptionally unfair though. If it were a blood relative I;d could possibly understand but for her God mother...? Good luck anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:55 am

It gets better. Stevie was told yesterday that her rolling contract at Dorchster Hospital won't be extended beyond May 6th. So it looks like we're on our way back to sunny Bedfordshire. Hopfully Stevie will get the job in Kettering and I will see if I can get back into Royal Mail. Funny old life, ain't it !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 am

Roger. H wrote:
It gets better. Stevie was told yesterday that her rolling contract at Dorchster Hospital won't be extended beyond May 6th. So it looks like we're on our way back to sunny Bedfordshire. Hopfully Stevie will get the job in Kettering and I will see if I can get back into Royal Mail. Funny old life, ain't it !!

Do you ever feel there's a higher power that doesn't want you to do the things YOU want to do?
Sorry to hear this anyway, still at least you have the place in Luton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:04 am

Ironicly the one place we were trying to sell and get away from has now become our lifeline. Still, we're a bit further north now so meeting up with your good self more often is going to be easier. (Cut to scene of Pete disappearing in a cloud of dust !!!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:08 am

Roger. H wrote:
Ironicly the one place we were trying to sell and get away from has now become our lifeline. Still, we're a bit further north now so meeting up with your good self more often is going to be easier. (Cut to scene of Pete disappearing in a cloud of dust !!!) Very Happy

Hahaha..no,no,no...

Pete's staying right here..Be quite nice to meet up more often..just a shame for you that your dream life has come to an end...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:16 am

Well apart from the location, this move hasn't really been a dream. 3 crappy jobs, Stevie having to travel back and forth to London for 14 months, the leg break, being quite isolated, the git stitching us up, the break ins at Luton, missing gigs and meet ups because of the distance. All in all I think I'm ready to get back to civilisation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:20 am

Roger. H wrote:
Well apart from the location, this move hasn't really been a dream. 3 crappy jobs, Stevie having to travel back and forth to London for 14 months, the leg break, being quite isolated, the git stitching us up, the break ins at Luton, missing gigs and meet ups because of the distance. All in all I think I'm ready to get back to civilisation.

There's that way of looking at it I guess. Cool. Is Luton really that civilized though? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Well apart from the location, this move hasn't really been a dream. 3 crappy jobs, Stevie having to travel back and forth to London for 14 months, the leg break, being quite isolated, the git stitching us up, the break ins at Luton, missing gigs and meet ups because of the distance. All in all I think I'm ready to get back to civilisation.

There's that way of looking at it I guess. Cool. Is Luton really that civilized though? Very Happy

It's an interesting and challenging mix of cultures and faiths. And I certainly won't be bored. AND...................The KISS room can be reassembled !!!!! cheer cheer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:28 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Well apart from the location, this move hasn't really been a dream. 3 crappy jobs, Stevie having to travel back and forth to London for 14 months, the leg break, being quite isolated, the git stitching us up, the break ins at Luton, missing gigs and meet ups because of the distance. All in all I think I'm ready to get back to civilisation.

There's that way of looking at it I guess. Cool. Is Luton really that civilized though? Very Happy

It's an interesting and challenging mix of cultures and faiths. And I certainly won't be bored. AND...................The KISS room can be reassembled !!!!! cheer cheer

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:43 am

I am so looking forward to getting all the stuff out and dusting it off. It'll be like discovering it all over again, as it's been more than 2 years since it was all packed away I've forgotten what's in all the boxes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 am

Roger. H wrote:
I am so looking forward to getting all the stuff out and dusting it off. It'll be like discovering it all over again, as it's been more than 2 years since it was all packed away I've forgotten what's in all the boxes.

Mines been boxed up for five years now... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:00 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I am so looking forward to getting all the stuff out and dusting it off. It'll be like discovering it all over again, as it's been more than 2 years since it was all packed away I've forgotten what's in all the boxes.

Mines been boxed up for five years now... Crying or Very sad

You can always bring the boxes down to me and they'll be given a good and loving home. cheesin'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:36 am

Well my stuff has been boxed up for, well, pretty much ever since got any of it!!! It got a brief outting for 6 months and then back into the boxes! So we are talking decades!!!! What I do have out is minimal...

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 am

Sucks about the landlords decision and not even for a blood relative!

Still, as you said, it may not be a bad thing if it gets back in circulation...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Sounds like you guys are heading in the right direction. I didn't know you worked for the royal mail..No wonder you were glad about my comments about them!!!

Can't wait to see a picture of this KISS room all assembled....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frethead

avatar

Number of posts : 3032
Age : 48
Location : Ormond Beach, Florida
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:41 am

The ONLY CONCERT IN YHE U.S. for Iron Maiden, this year, will be tomorrow night, in Tampa, and it will be the last night of the tour, which commenced February 11, in Moscow.


Whoah, hold it there . . . the band bought a friggin' jumbo jet ( Boeing 757), Bruce is the Captain and pilot, and they're flying the band, the crew, and ten tons of stage shit over 50,000 miles?! That's like a fifth of the FXXXN planet, or something! ONE NIGHT IN THE U.S.???

Anyway, I was invited to join up with some old HS buddies in Hollywood (FLA), with the goal of trucking over to Tampa, but, Julie and I have added a new car to the monthly wrinkle, and cash for concerts just isn't what it was. O, well, it would be safe to assume Iron Maiden isn't "throwing in the towel" anytime soon, and I'll get another chance to see them . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:37 am

Frethead wrote:
The ONLY CONCERT IN YHE U.S. for Iron Maiden, this year, will be tomorrow night, in Tampa, and it will be the last night of the tour, which commenced February 11, in Moscow.


Whoah, hold it there . . . the band bought a friggin' jumbo jet ( Boeing 757), Bruce is the Captain and pilot, and they're flying the band, the crew, and ten tons of stage shit over 50,000 miles?! That's like a fifth of the FXXXN planet, or something! ONE NIGHT IN THE U.S.???

Anyway, I was invited to join up with some old HS buddies in Hollywood (FLA), with the goal of trucking over to Tampa, but, Julie and I have added a new car to the monthly wrinkle, and cash for concerts just isn't what it was. O, well, it would be safe to assume Iron Maiden isn't "throwing in the towel" anytime soon, and I'll get another chance to see them . . .

That's great but I can't see how it relates to Roger?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 am

Pete wrote:
Frethead wrote:
The ONLY CONCERT IN YHE U.S. for Iron Maiden, this year, will be tomorrow night, in Tampa, and it will be the last night of the tour, which commenced February 11, in Moscow.


Whoah, hold it there . . . the band bought a friggin' jumbo jet ( Boeing 757), Bruce is the Captain and pilot, and they're flying the band, the crew, and ten tons of stage shit over 50,000 miles?! That's like a fifth of the FXXXN planet, or something! ONE NIGHT IN THE U.S.???

Anyway, I was invited to join up with some old HS buddies in Hollywood (FLA), with the goal of trucking over to Tampa, but, Julie and I have added a new car to the monthly wrinkle, and cash for concerts just isn't what it was. O, well, it would be safe to assume Iron Maiden isn't "throwing in the towel" anytime soon, and I'll get another chance to see them . . .

That's great but I can't see how it relates to Roger?

happy boy happy boy happy boy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: That's That then.   

Back to top Go down
 
That's That then.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: