Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen Any Good Movies?

Go down 
+12
Roger. H
Skezza
Rev
Frethead
FakeBlue
Marty
danigirl
kokeakola
'Scope
Mary1234
chuck1223
Matty35
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:31 pm

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE !!!!------------------Still got the huge cheesy grin I had when I walked out of the cinema. This is everything I wanted and hoped for ever since I heard that an Avengers film was going to be made. It could have been disastrous and a mess with so many strong characters in one place but Joss Whedon (the director) has managed to hold everything together and made the finest Superhero film that has so far hit the cinema screens. A good uncomplicated story, fantastic dialogue between the main charaters and probably the most awe inspiring effects I've ever seen. We saw the 3D version and even this has been taken to the next level, I really felt we were amongst some of the battle scenes (especially on the streets of New York, that poor city really has taken a battering over the years !!) Stevie and I actually jumped at some of the debris and arrows flying towards us. The fight scenes are just breath taking and, thanks to the digital sound, when Iron meets hammer you can almost feel the blow to the chest. Every Character has his/her moment in the spotlight with Tony Stark/Ironman possibly getting some of the best lines but the scene where Hulk and Thor end up in Grand Central Station after bringing down an alien ship together had me and the rest of the audience laughing out load, Brilliant !!. Also when Loki has his villians soliloquy cut short quite violently and surprisingly by Hulk was another moment of pure joy and again had the audience in uproar. The next question is "how can they top this ?". it's going to take a very special film to knock this off of the top of my favourites tree. Can't see the upcoming Spiderman or Batman films getting anywhere near the magnificence of Avengers Assemble. but we can always hope. No point in scoring this film as numbers are infinite but none of them would do this movie justice. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 am

Roger. H wrote:
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE !!!!------------------Still got the huge cheesy grin I had when I walked out of the cinema. This is everything I wanted and hoped for ever since I heard that an Avengers film was going to be made. It could have been disastrous and a mess with so many strong characters in one place but Joss Whedon (the director) has managed to hold everything together and made the finest Superhero film that has so far hit the cinema screens. A good uncomplicated story, fantastic dialogue between the main charaters and probably the most awe inspiring effects I've ever seen. We saw the 3D version and even this has been taken to the next level, I really felt we were amongst some of the battle scenes (especially on the streets of New York, that poor city really has taken a battering over the years !!) Stevie and I actually jumped at some of the debris and arrows flying towards us. The fight scenes are just breath taking and, thanks to the digital sound, when Iron meets hammer you can almost feel the blow to the chest. Every Character has his/her moment in the spotlight with Tony Stark/Ironman possibly getting some of the best lines but the scene where Hulk and Thor end up in Grand Central Station after bringing down an alien ship together had me and the rest of the audience laughing out load, Brilliant !!. Also when Loki has his villians soliloquy cut short quite violently and surprisingly by Hulk was another moment of pure joy and again had the audience in uproar. The next question is "how can they top this ?". it's going to take a very special film to knock this off of the top of my favourites tree. Can't see the upcoming Spiderman or Batman films getting anywhere near the magnificence of Avengers Assemble. but we can always hope. No point in scoring this film as numbers are infinite but none of them would do this movie justice. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Puny god! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Are we allowed to discuss it now?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:19 am

Discuss away old boy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 am

Roger. H wrote:
Discuss away old boy. Very Happy

Ok...to avoid spoiling for anyone I shall PM you, however I totally agree in your assessment. I'll be purchasing Thor, Capt America & Iron Man 2 in the next few weeks & this is going on preorder as it was that good. I really hope Mr Nolan has upped his game for TDR as it's got a lot to live up too...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:45 am

There's already clips of this on Youtube, including the Hulk/Thor moment. still makes me laugh even though I know what's coming !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:48 am

Roger. H wrote:
There's already clips of this on Youtube, including the Hulk/Thor moment. still makes me laugh even though I know what's coming !! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I liked 'Puny God' though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Yep, Hulk doesn't say much, but when he does......... Very Happy

Now I come to think of it, Hulk may be the star of the show. What with THAT scene, "Puny God" and the way he wakes up Iron Man after his long fall.........Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Yep, Hulk doesn't say much, but when he does......... Very Happy

Now I come to think of it, Hulk may be the star of the show. What with THAT scene, "Puny God" and the way he wakes up Iron Man after his long fall.........Hmmmm.

I think it's very well done and makes me want to see a Justice League of America film with Superman, Batman et al in it.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 am

Is this being made ?? or just on your wish list ?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 am

Roger. H wrote:
Is this being made ?? or just on your wish list ?

Wish list. Legal wrangles prevented it being made a few years ago...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 am

D.C have really got to up their game now. Even if they did make J.L.A it would be impossible for comparisons not to be made and as you know I don't think D.C's characters (except for Batman and Superman) aren't anywhere near as strong as Marvel's. I also fear for DKR as it has a lot to live up to after The Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 am

Roger. H wrote:
D.C have really got to up their game now. Even if they did make J.L.A it would be impossible for comparisons not to be made and as you know I don't think D.C's characters (except for Batman and Superman) aren't anywhere near as strong as Marvel's. I also fear for DKR as it has a lot to live up to after The Dark Knight.

I agree. TDR will do fine as it's the last one by Christopher Nolan so he'll want to go out with a bang. I do fear for The Man of Steel though.

I have also come to the conclusion that whilst DC have the two best known characters (Superman & Batman) Marvel have the better collection of characters to work with...

Still it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:01 am

happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy thums up
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:02 am

Pete wrote:

happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy thums up

lol! lol! The 70's were great for a lot of reasons, unfortunately Superhero movies wasn't one of them !! Thank God for CGI.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:24 am

Dark Shadows.

Wasn't familiar with the original show but Depp/Burton films are usually quirky enough to sample & this was no exception. Johnny Depp was again great, Mrs Burton as mad as usual and Michelle Pfeiffer looking rather tasty for her age...4/5
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:57 am

Pete wrote:
Dark Shadows.

Wasn't familiar with the original show but Depp/Burton films are usually quirky enough to sample & this was no exception. Johnny Depp was again great, Mrs Burton as mad as usual and Michelle Pfeiffer looking rather tasty for her age...4/5
Ms Pfeiffer is, has been and always will be a BABE.

This is on my 'go see' list.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 pm

PROMETHEUS------------------------After what seems like months of anticipation finally got to see this. It's a typical Ridley Scott movie, lots of style, a brooding atmosphere, tension, eye boggling vistas and gut wrenching action scenes. The pace of the movie is slow at first but soon builds as soon as we arrive at the alien planet where the mayhem begins. There's a sequence which had the ladies in the audience squirming in their seats and the first appearence of the juvenile creature is pretty gory. Fans of the Alien series will recognise a lot of visual references but don't hold your breath if you're expecting to see thousands of Xenomorphs running around. I quite enjoyed it but there is a nagging disappointment in the back of my mind, don't know why though. Well worth seeing to make your own mind up. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 pm

MEN IN BLACK 3-----------------A rainy bank holiday afternoon, watcha gonna do ?? Go to the movies and see a perfect bit of nonsense that's what. Men In Black 3 does exactly what is says on the tin, J.and K. running around trying to save the world from another race of nasty aliens, this time with a bit of time travel thrown in. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones give their usual act by numbers performances but poor old Emma Thompson is so miscast it's embarrassing, this must be the "take the cheque and run" role for her. One other point that spoiled slightly it for me is, as this has been out a couple of weeks it was on one of the smaller screens which didn't have digital sound, wow !! did I notice the difference. Compared to some of the movies I've seen recently this sounded like it was being played through a pair of tin cans. Worth seeing but maybe wait for the DVD and play it through your 5.1 system, it'll sound better. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 am

Roger. H wrote:
PROMETHEUS------------------------After what seems like months of anticipation finally got to see this. It's a typical Ridley Scott movie, lots of style, a brooding atmosphere, tension, eye boggling vistas and gut wrenching action scenes. The pace of the movie is slow at first but soon builds as soon as we arrive at the alien planet where the mayhem begins. There's a sequence which had the ladies in the audience squirming in their seats and the first appearence of the juvenile creature is pretty gory. Fans of the Alien series will recognise a lot of visual references but don't hold your breath if you're expecting to see thousands of Xenomorphs running around. I quite enjoyed it but there is a nagging disappointment in the back of my mind, don't know why though. Well worth seeing to make your own mind up. 8/10

I give it 7.5 /10.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 am

Saw "Rock of Ages" on Friday night.

I enjoyed it but the musical is better. Still it's a decent enough film and the tunes are rock on
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:48 am

Roger. H wrote:
MEN IN BLACK 3-----------------A rainy bank holiday afternoon, watcha gonna do ?? Go to the movies and see a perfect bit of nonsense that's what. Men In Black 3 does exactly what is says on the tin, J.and K. running around trying to save the world from another race of nasty aliens, this time with a bit of time travel thrown in. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones give their usual act by numbers performances but poor old Emma Thompson is so miscast it's embarrassing, this must be the "take the cheque and run" role for her. One other point that spoiled slightly it for me is, as this has been out a couple of weeks it was on one of the smaller screens which didn't have digital sound, wow !! did I notice the difference. Compared to some of the movies I've seen recently this sounded like it was being played through a pair of tin cans. Worth seeing but maybe wait for the DVD and play it through your 5.1 system, it'll sound better. 7/10.

Thought it was ok. Schmaltzty ending though. Better than MiB 2 though.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:31 am

Roger. H wrote:
Wow.

Eventually got round to seeing this and all I can say is I have not felt so let down by a film in so long I can't even remember.

I came out thinking so much wasn't even answered and after all the hype of it being an 'Alien' prequel...well, er...no. Not really. I'd heard it was more cerebral than action and I'd have to agree. Can't really even say the gore was that good!!!

Overall really, really poor and totally not worth the hype.

For me... 2/10

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 am

The Amazing Spider-Man...

Less Amazing more Average Spider-man. Better then Spidey 3 (That's not hard). It's ok but the origin story is boring now.

The Avengers is the best Superhero movie I've seen so far. Of course by this time next weekend that may have changed...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:56 am

No. However I have just seen (Yesterday at 9AM) one of the greatest pieces of entertainment committed to celluloid. I am talking about The Dark Knight Rises of course...

I left the cinema totally speechless, lump in my throat and moist eyes...
I can't compare it to The Avengers as they are two totally different beasts, both excellent movies on there own.

Who ever takes over the mantle of Batman (directing/acting) has a massive job on their hands.

Is it perfect? No. It's slightly too long and I have one major gripe about it apart from that..wow!!!

Saying no more until I know everyone has seen it.

Last edited by Pete on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:01 am

Pete wrote:
No. However I have just seen (Yesterday at 9AM) one of the greatest pieces of entertainment committed to celluloid. I am talk about The Dark Knight Rises of course...

I left the cinema totally speechless, lump in my throat and moist eyes...
I can't compare it to The Avengers as they are two totally different beasts, both excellent movies on there own.

Who ever takes over the mantle of Batman (directing/acting) has a massive job on their hands.

Is it perfect? No. It's slightly too long and I have one major gripe about it apart from that..wow!!!

Saying no more until I know everyone has seen it.
Would this gripe be the apparent difficulty in hearing anything Bane says? Read a review in a paper which said unless you have very good hearing, or the cinema has the best speakers available, 50% of what he says is inaudible?

Thought that very strange...

If not that...then don't say!! Cos this on the agenda for next weekend!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen Any Good Movies?   Seen Any Good Movies? - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen Any Good Movies?
Page 16 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next