Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

F.F Become F.F

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:02 am

So long Johnny, The Fantastic Four are no more. But bouncing back as The Future Foundation with a surprising new member !!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gqFZdew-pSAXZuXTfXyOCAqr5bfw?docId=6480d98edc1d470f8f650e641d7b98fc

I thought you all would want to know this. geek
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 am

Roger. H wrote:
So long Johnny, The Fantastic Four are no more. But bouncing back as The Future Foundation with a surprising new member !!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gqFZdew-pSAXZuXTfXyOCAqr5bfw?docId=6480d98edc1d470f8f650e641d7b98fc

I thought you all would want to know this. geek

They killed Johnny? The BASTARDS!!!

How dead is he though? After a few poor sales I'm sure everything will return to normal...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 am

The flame has finally burnt out. But, as you say, reignition is not beyond the relms of the Marvel world. Very Happy

While we're on the subject, great poster for the Captain America Moive. Very Happy

F.F Become F.F 9uq6nb
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:27 am

Roger. H wrote:
The flame has finally burnt out. But, as you say, reignition is not beyond the relms of the Marvel world. Very Happy

While we're on the subject, great poster for the Captain America Moive. Very Happy

F.F Become F.F 9uq6nb

Or DC. Superman died and came back. Batman was paralysed by Bane and fully recovered...

Nice poster. Some of that was filmed in Manchesters Northern Quarter & Liverpool Docks.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 am

Can't wait 'til summer, what with this, Thor, and TDH pt2. Might give The Green Lantern a chance as well, even if it is DC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 am

i'll do it I like THOR...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:18 am

me too..... batting eyelashes
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 am

Trust the women to bring a highly intellectual thread down to schoolgirl crushes. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:33 am

Roger. H wrote:
Trust the women to bring a highly intellectual thread down to schoolgirl crushes. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Comics? Intellectual? Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:42 am

Of course !! All ( Marvel ) comics have a deep and meaningful hidden message. They formed the basis of my formative years. And look what a fine job they did !! Shocked Shocked confused 1 confused 1 :dizzy: :dizzy:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:44 am

Roger. H wrote:
Of course !! All ( Marvel ) comics have a deep and meaningful hidden message. They formed the basis of my formative years. And look what a fine job they did !! Shocked Shocked confused 1 confused 1 :dizzy: :dizzy:

Ok....Actually didn't Stan Lee used to put lots of subtle hints about how best to live your life and a lot of the characters try and reflect this..?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 am

And some not so subtle.

"Spidey Breaks the Comics Code
The Department of Health, Education and Welfare contacted Stan Lee about doing an anti-drug storyline in one of Marvel’s books. Stan felt it was a good way to reach the masses and warn kids about the dangers of drug addiction and so he agreed to do a three issue tale in The Amazing Spider-Man. Unfortunately the “Comics Code” (a series of self-imposed regulations comic publishers adhered to) prohibited the mention of drugs in comic books.
Stan Lee made the decision that the books message was too important to censor and for the first time a Marvel Comics book was published without the approval of the “Comics Code”. The story received widespread critical acclaim and the “Comics Code” was changed to allow the negative depiction of drug use."

Not just Spiderman though. The Silver Surfer was mostly tales of how man would destroy his planet with wars, nuclear testing, deforestation, racial tensions etc. and this was back in the late 60's early 70's when my comic reading was at it's height.

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 am

Roger. H wrote:
And some not so subtle.

"Spidey Breaks the Comics Code
The Department of Health, Education and Welfare contacted Stan Lee about doing an anti-drug storyline in one of Marvel’s books. Stan felt it was a good way to reach the masses and warn kids about the dangers of drug addiction and so he agreed to do a three issue tale in The Amazing Spider-Man. Unfortunately the “Comics Code” (a series of self-imposed regulations comic publishers adhered to) prohibited the mention of drugs in comic books.
Stan Lee made the decision that the books message was too important to censor and for the first time a Marvel Comics book was published without the approval of the “Comics Code”. The story received widespread critical acclaim and the “Comics Code” was changed to allow the negative depiction of drug use."

Not just Spiderman though. The Silver Surfer was mostly tales of how man would destroy his planet with wars, nuclear testing, deforestation, racial tensions etc. and this was back in the late 60's early 70's when my comic reading was at it's height.

Wasn't there one about sexual equality and it's ok for a man to love another man?

As you know I'm more a DC man myself. Haven't read a comic book for ages (apart from the Graphic novel of Kickass).
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:11 am

Sadly my comic reading days are over too, except ( like you ), the odd graphic novel or compendium.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 am

What's with the white Spidey suit? Doesn't look right.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:18 am

I think that's the new uniform for The Future Foundation. So I 'spose he has to wear it to fit in. I can't say I'm struck with it that much.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:19 am

Roger. H wrote:
I think that's the new uniform for The Future Foundation. So I 'spose he has to wear it to fit in. I can't say I'm struck with it that much.

It's awful (as is the new name!).
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 am

It sounds like some Liberal Charity.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:29 am

Roger. H wrote:
It sounds like some Liberal Charity.

And that sounds like a Pseudonym for some female superhero!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 am

I like it !! Liberal Charity she stops crime by giving to the criminal so he doesn't have to rob the bank. Genius. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:37 am

Roger. H wrote:
I like it !! Liberal Charity she stops crime by giving to the criminal so he doesn't have to rob the bank. Genius. Very Happy

Quick! Copyright it!! We could be onto something here!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:42 am

Getting back to THOR. Pete will be pleased to hear that it is in 3D !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:45 am

Roger. H wrote:
Getting back to THOR. Pete will be pleased to hear that it is in 3D !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I already knew that, as is Green lantern and I think Capt. America might be too!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Glad I kept those glasses, looks like I'm gonna need them !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

F.F Become F.F Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.F Become F.F   F.F Become F.F I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F.F Become F.F
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: