Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frank gets metalized!

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Pete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Frank gets metalized! Empty
PostSubject: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 am

Frank Sinatra Tribute with Bob Kulick..check this out..
by PyroMessiah86 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm

from http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=153164

Just listened to 'It Was A Very Good Year' with Dee Snider on vocals. Is pretty damn awesome!

Check the track out here http://soundcloud.com/eagle-rock-entertainment/sin-atra-it-was-a-very-good-year-feat-dee-snider
--------------
From the team that brought you "We Wish You A Metal Xmas" comes "SIN-atra", heavy metal's tribute to the genius of Frank Sinatra. Twelve songs made famous by Ol' Blue Eyes are given a radical and individual new treatment from some of the finest voices in rock including members of ANTHRAX, TWISTED SISTER, DEEP PURPLE, QUEENSRŸCHE, MR. BIG, WARRANT, NONPOINT, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, KING'S X and CHEAP TRICK with the backing of a superb band led by guitarist Bob Kulick (KISS, MEAT LOAF). The songs are known to everyone but you've never heard them quite like this before!

"SIN-atra" track listing:

01. New York, New York (Devin Townsend)
02. I've Got You Under My Skin (Glenn Hughes)
03. Summerwind (Geoff Tate)
04. It Was A Very Good Year (Dee Snider)
05. Witchcraft (Tim "Ripper" Owens)
06. Fly Me To The Moon (Robin Zander)
07. Lady Is A Tramp (Eric Martin)
08. I've Got The World On A String (Doug Pinnick)
09. Love And Marriage (Elias Soriano)
10. Strangers In The Night (Joey Belladonna)
11. High Hopes (Franky Perez)
12. That's Life (Jani Lane)

The "SIN-atra" house band features Bob Kulick (guitar); Brett Chassen (drums); Billy Sheehan (bass); Doug Katsaros (keyboards, orchestrations); Richie Kotzen (lead guitar on "That's Life").

"SIN-atra" will be in stores March 29 via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Last edited by Pete on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:23 am

OH lord....I know I'll have to listen to this...but not now...

I still haven't recovered from Pat Boone covering Ozzy!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:44 am

Great, more bidibbii-bidibbi-bidibbi-bidibbi out of Bruce Kulick! Robin Zander?!! Neutral And, I may be the odd man out for this, but, I am still having difficulty considering Dee Snider a singer. :the finger: An exciting front man and assumedly cool guy, but, singer of Sinatra? :stfu: A singer?! No Jeff Scott Soto, Mark Boales, or David Lee Roth??? :you fool: Pffft Whatever happened to that fxxxer from the Cult, anyway?! He probably has the Sinatra swagger more than anyone named - er - had . . .
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:07 am

Frethead wrote:
Great, more bidibbii-bidibbi-bidibbi-bidibbi out of Bruce Kulick! Robin Zander?!! Neutral And, I may be the odd man out for this, but, I am still having difficulty considering Dee Snider a singer. :the finger: An exciting front man and assumedly cool guy, but, singer of Sinatra? :stfu: A singer?! No Jeff Scott Soto, Mark Boales, or David Lee Roth??? :you fool: Pffft Whatever happened to that fxxxer from the Cult, anyway?! He probably has the Sinatra swagger more than anyone named - er - had . . .

have you listened to the track Fret? It's AWESOME (It's Bob Kulick btw)!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 am

I tried to listen to the tracks, Pete, but, neither of them are available. Sorry for the name mix-up. I don't know about you, but, I feel better. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:27 am

Frethead wrote:
I tried to listen to the tracks, Pete, but, neither of them are available. Sorry for the name mix-up. I don't know about you, but, I feel better. Laughing

Sorry fella. Link should work now.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 am

Bit of a rip-off of Zeppelin's Kashmir, ain't it !! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 am

I noticed that as well...cool tune though.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:25 am

I gave it a listen but I got such a nasty headache right now so I will have to check it out later... Cool
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Awww sorry Marty...hope you feel better soon. group hug
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Rev wrote:
Awww sorry Marty...hope you feel better soon. group hug

I'm better already!! The Ibuprophen kicked in and I'm good to go...thanks
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:44 pm

thums up
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:21 am

Roger. H wrote:
Bit of a rip-off of Zeppelin's Kashmir, ain't it !! Rolling Eyes

And your problem is...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 am

.............Lack of finances at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:24 am

Oh dear!

http://www.melodicrock.com/reviews/reviews.html
Quote :

There are only so many hours in each day/week, so when reviewing albums I generally stick to the better known names and artists or the classy debut albums. So for the most part you are seeing higher scoring reviews because I'm reviewing the higher quality albums relevant to this scene, as compared to some of the indie releases out there.
But occasionally you get a high profile title that comes along that just doesn't make the grade. It proves that not everything is gold or worth checking out. I don't like being negative, but when something this bad is released – it needs to get called as such.
Sin-Atra should immediately be recalled from an unsuspecting pubic or at least renamed Shit-Atra. Yes, this is pure dung of the highest quality.
If the worst album you can think of was merely a turd, then this album would be a month old diamond crusted regurgitated cow pat, digested by dung beetles and then shat back onto the earth to rot into organic fertilizer in the hope something better might grow from it.
This isn't your average good fun tribute album. It's a bunch of “great” Frank Sinatra songs well and truly metallized and then screamed over by a collection of vocalists that should know better.
For the most part, everyone sounds horrible here, screaming over the top of an aggressive heavy metal audio assault.
Glenn Hughes and Eric Martin come out as the best vocalists involved, but musically even their tracks lack any lasting merit. How anyone could even contemplate playing this twice is beyond me. Most won't even get past online audio samples.
It is truly awful. How many metal fans like Frank Sinatara? Surely there was a better option at hand than this? What exactly was Bob Kulick smoking when contemplating his next tribute project? I'm surprised Lemmy isn't on here…the rest of the usual suspects are – Jani Lane, Ripper Owens, Geoff Tate, Dug Pinnick, Joey Belladonna and Dee Snider. Even the great Robin Zander is left to scream his way through the musical abomination that is Fly Me To The Moon.
Hideous. Woeful. Ill-considered. Misguided. Just plain wrong.

Shocked Maybe I'll pass on this now... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 am

I can't believe you thought it was a good idea in the first place !!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 am

Roger. H wrote:
I can't believe you thought it was a good idea in the first place !!

Well...err...yes. Quite! Embarassed lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank gets metalized!   Frank gets metalized! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank gets metalized!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Classic & Old School-
Jump to: