Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Vs Dio

Go down 
+4
Roger. H
Chrissy
Pete
Matty35
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Ozzy Vs Dio
Ozzy
Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 7 ]
Dio
Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Vs Dio   Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:13 am

WOW!!! That's pretty cool. You hear a lot of stories from people who have met rock stars but you seldom hear from anyone who met Ozzy. He must keep a pretty tight ship on the meet & greets. Out of curiosity do you remember anything that Jake had to say about Ratt?? Or anything else for that matter??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Vs Dio   Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:42 pm

'Scope wrote:
WOW!!! That's pretty cool. You hear a lot of stories from people who have met rock stars but you seldom hear from anyone who met Ozzy. He must keep a pretty tight ship on the meet & greets. Out of curiosity do you remember anything that Jake had to say about Ratt?? Or anything else for that matter??

'Scope
That he wrote 'You're In Trouble' while in the band but let them have it is the main thing I recall. We chatted for about 45 minutes but it was along time ago!!! Most of it was stuff like how is he's liking working with Ozzy, what he thinks of England, what he'd done in the past, what bands he likes...just general stuff. I left him to go talk to some mates and he was just stood their on his tod. No-one, not even the Ozzy fans went to talk to him!! So I went back over and talked to him some more! We had a really good chat and he was very friendly but I heard from mates who tried to meet him much later, after he was established and had made a name for himself, that he just ignored them and was really snotty.

Like I said Ozzy was just surrounded by fans & hangers on. I waited until most of them had gone before approaching him. We had a chat for about 5 mins. Told him how I loved Sabbath but it wasn't the same since he'd gone. That raised a wee smile from him and some choice remarks about RJD! Nothing he hadn't said in interviews previously but it was funny to hear it from the man himself!!! Told him I was really pleased he had come back and made some great music to which he said something like "Not as pleased as I am! I was shittin myself no-one would care!" It was to this that I mentioned I was surprised he thought that as he is a "...true star"...hence his reply in my above post.

A seriously humble man. One of the highlights of my life.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Vs Dio   Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:18 pm

I don't know that much about Ozzy personally but I asked my nieghbor Cathy about him. She said he and Sharon have always been wonderful to Randy's family. They stay in pretty close contact without too much time passing in between at least phone calls and always to Randy's mom.

Like her or not I don't think Ozzy would even be alive today if it wasn't for sharon. While I don't like a lot of what has gone on with his carrer there is still a lot that I do like....With as many things that are wrong with him and just the amount of drugs he has done it amazes me he can get out of bed. He can barely speak but yet he can still sing...How is that possible...I wonder if that is why he tends to be on the quiet side..Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Vs Dio   Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:17 am

Chrissy wrote:
I don't know that much about Ozzy personally but I asked my nieghbor Cathy about him. She said he and Sharon have always been wonderful to Randy's family. They stay in pretty close contact without too much time passing in between at least phone calls and always to Randy's mom.

Like her or not I don't think Ozzy would even be alive today if it wasn't for sharon. While I don't like a lot of what has gone on with his carrer there is still a lot that I do like....With as many things that are wrong with him and just the amount of drugs he has done it amazes me he can get out of bed. He can barely speak but yet he can still sing...How is that possible...I wonder if that is why he tends to be on the quiet side..Just a thought

Hmmm... I wonder why Sharon cares so much for Randy's family... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Vs Dio   Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:46 am

Chrissy wrote:

I totally agree with that comment. I just don't like the way she has gone on to appear in all these waste of time 'talent' shows (and I'm using the term talent very loosely here!). Ozzy was a full on RnRoller (still is) but she seems to have embraced the 'celebrity' lifestyle and dragged Ozzy with her. When Ozzy & Sharon appeared in one the big celeb mags over here (OK or Hello - can't recall which?) I was stunned!

OZZYappearing in one of these mags would have been unheard of before The Osbournes TV show. Tho, got to admit, I did enjoy that! very funny!! But still!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Vs Dio   Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:11 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hmmm... I wonder why Sharon cares so much for Randy's family... Wink
Quote :

If you ever met his mother you would understand...She is just lovely and you can't help but fall in love with her immediately. Plus I have always found Sharon to be such a micro manager that I can't imagine her allowing Ozzy to have an outside relationship with anyone without her and I bet she just got sucked in. I know they have been both very helpful whenever the family needs it like with the up and coming movie and Ozzy was there when they took Randy's guitars out of the vault. I think he just truly loved him....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Vs Dio   Ozzy Vs Dio - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Vs Dio
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2