Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Venting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:22 am

Why, oh why does my council website have a Polish language version too? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 am

sometimes politics only makes sense in a foreign language
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:47 am

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a394968/batman-cinema-shooting-victim-to-sue-movie-theatre-warner-bros.html


Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 am

People will sue for any reason. last night Warner Brothers anounced they will be donatig quite a bit of money to aid the victims of this nightmare and I mean quite a bit.

On that note. parents over here are making too big a deal over this shooting and taking away batman from the kids. Well let me tell you that is bullsh==. My little Peter is 5 and loves!! batman. Will I take him to see no! but I wouldnt have anyway he's 5. Movies are alot scarry in the day in your house and on a smallt.v. that can be turned off every 15 min when they get tired of it.

So you bet I let my 5 year old run up and down the street with his batman costume on last night and that big mouth bit-- down the street who thinks she is organic mother of the year with her two weird bratty kids can shove it up her granola.
I am not taking away imagination and play from a child who has no idea what happened because some creep did this.
If I knew how to post a picture here I would because Batman looks cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 am

What is the point of slugs and stinging nettles ?? Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 am

If you find out let me know!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:24 am

Roger. H wrote:
What is the point of slugs and stinging nettles ?? Mad


Nettle & Slug soup?

Chrissy wrote:
People will sue for any reason. last night Warner Brothers anounced they will be donating quite a bit of money to aid the victims of this nightmare and I mean quite a bit.


Why? Nice that they're doing this but it wasn't Warner Bros fault some idiot chose their film to go nuts at?


Last edited by Pete on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 am

True its not their fault at all but it has really put a bad shadow on their film and also Warner itself. Its a nice gesture of goodwill and beleive me the "regime" has more than enough money to do this. I thought it was a great gesture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:22 am

Chrissy wrote:
True its not their fault at all but it has really put a bad shadow on their film and also Warner itself. Its a nice gesture of goodwill and beleive me the "regime" has more than enough money to do this. I thought it was a great gesture.


Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:44 am

Well isn't it great when you tell your employer that their policy towards agency staff is actually illegal and they eventually realise it is, and yet it's still of no benefit to me keeping my own job? And no other agency member had the balls or sense to challange them, who it does affect.

F**kin typical!!

Well at least I did the right thing. I hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 am

Logan Airport Duty Free!!! Listen. When I ask for the bag containing an $18 bottle of Jim Beam to be fully sealed, please do just that!!!! This way the fucking french security (Long story) don't confiscate it from me!!!! You useless fuckers...

On and United Airlines, how about having TWO planes in use for domestic flights? This way if one is in for servicing then the other can take it's place and you can fulfil your obligations and run the serive you advertised!! USELESS FUCKERS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:18 am

Pete wrote:
Logan Airport Duty Free!!! Listen. When I ask for the bag containing an $18 bottle of Jim Beam to be fully sealed, please do just that!!!! This way the fucking french security (Long story) don't confiscate it from me!!!! You useless fuckers...

On and United Airlines, how about having TWO planes in use for domestic flights? This way if one is in for servicing then the other can take it's place and you can fulfil your obligations and run the serive you advertised!! USELESS FUCKERS!!!

BLAME CANADA!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laxcdn

avatar

Number of posts : 1218
Age : 48
Location : Winnipeg
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:39 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Logan Airport Duty Free!!! Listen. When I ask for the bag containing an $18 bottle of Jim Beam to be fully sealed, please do just that!!!! This way the fucking french security (Long story) don't confiscate it from me!!!! You useless fuckers...

On and United Airlines, how about having TWO planes in use for domestic flights? This way if one is in for servicing then the other can take it's place and you can fulfil your obligations and run the serive you advertised!! USELESS FUCKERS!!!

BLAME CANADA!!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:13 am

he he he

Actually was joking about that a little...

On the news this morning was not happy to see the shooting in Quebec. Sounds like there is a huge mess brewing. The shooter was taped screaming.." The English are awakening"..Lord help us

This is all very confusing to me..yes I know life is in general but explain to me if Quebec is struggling to survive the pull of two sides.the Englsih speaking vs the french speaking wants to be seperate from Canada side. Whats the meaning of "The English are waking up" spoken in French?

maybe i'm wrong but if you don't like the language spoken where you live don't go shoot people..Move!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 am

Fucking Wonga.com!! I have never ever used them nor will I ever but they've still taken just short of £800 form my account!! Wankers!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:20 am

Pete wrote:
Fucking Wonga.com!! I have never ever used them nor will I ever but they've still taken just short of £800 form my account!! Wankers!!!
HUH?

How the hell have they done that? ... Shocked

I would be complaining like hell and I'd be making serious enquiries with your bank as to how they were allowed to do this and I'd be contacting them and finding out where they got your bank details from.

That's unreal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Fucking Wonga.com!! I have never ever used them nor will I ever but they've still taken just short of £800 form my account!! Wankers!!!
HUH?

How the hell have they done that? ... Shocked

I would be complaining like hell and I'd be making serious enquiries with your bank as to how they were allowed to do this and I'd be contacting them and finding out where they got your bank details from.

That's unreal.

Having spoke to the RBS Fraud dept it appears that in between the cancelling of old card & issue of new card somehow details have been compromised and they took the money in two seperate payments. Money should be back in my account tonight by 6pm so kudos to RBS if it is.

As for Wonga.com...well I would never use them but they have seriously gone down way down in my estimations and have been told in an email!!!

Just modern day Shylocks!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:33 am

That is very scary and I bet you came close to a stroke when you saw this. What is Wonga?
How did they ever get your details? Over lap or not if you didn't authorize this how did they get access to your account?

Trally hoping your mone is sitting there when you get home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 am

Chrissy wrote:
That is very scary and I bet you came close to a stroke when you saw this. What is Wonga?
How did they ever get your details? Over lap or not if you didn't authorize this how did they get access to your account?

Trally hoping your mone is sitting there when you get home.

All monies are now back in my account.
What is Wonga? They are a company that operate in the 'pay day loan' market but they charge an apr of 4200%!!! Thus I have never & will never use them!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:05 am

Wow thats scary...Online loansharks!!!!

my vent of the day!!!!! getting a wedding venue all sorted out,,plane and train tickets bought and ready to go and then all of a sudden they show their true colors and now we have to start over!!!!!!
Ahhhh hello not like I can't just get into my car and drive over!!!!!

I am so sick of the follow the herd we will not do what you want mentality that to me is the differnce between the US and the Uk

The US when they say we are here to accomodate you means we will listen to what you want and then try to fulfill it
The UK we will tell you what you want to hear and put it all off till "later" then we will leave you with no choice but to go with the only thing we really offered in the first place but was too chicken shit to tell you!!!!!

Not Venting: my fiance' is the biggest help! xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:15 am

Chrissy wrote:
Wow thats scary...Online loansharks!!!!

my vent of the day!!!!! getting a wedding venue all sorted out,,plane and train tickets bought and ready to go and then all of a sudden they show their true colors and now we have to start over!!!!!!
Ahhhh hello not like I can't just get into my car and drive over!!!!!

I am so sick of the follow the herd we will not do what you want mentality that to me is the differnce between the US and the Uk

The US when they say we are here to accomodate you means we will listen to what you want and then try to fulfill it
The UK we will tell you what you want to hear and put it all off till "later" then we will leave you with no choice but to go with the only thing we really offered in the first place but was too chicken shit to tell you!!!!!

Not Venting: my fiance' is the biggest help! xxxxxxxxx


Well that sucks! Welcome to the wonderful world of UK Customer 'services'. I'm sure you'll have a great day anyway, just a shame it's not the day you wanted!!!

Hope Adam is ok too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 am

After having the date we were looking at booking confirmed in numerous emails that not only the date we wanted but ALL Mondays on June were free, they turn around and go 'we made a mistake and the date you wanted is not available!'

Then, as Chrissy said, they were all 'we can accommodate your requests and make this the day you want' after many emails and many questions being asked, that turned into 'well we can't do that, but this the structure of the day we offer!'. STRUCTURE!!!! Yeah, that's really accommodating... Rolling Eyes

So, we...well Chrissy!, is now trying to find another venue for us to check out when she gets here. Really don't want this to be a wasted trip for her.

TBH, it sucks that England has different rules for marrying a foreign national. I do understand why they do this but, when this a genuine wedding, 22 days to be in the country before you can marry just isn't going to work for Chrissy. It's not like she can take 22 days off work!

And, Pete, thanks for asking...I'm fine right now!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:57 am

RFFB wrote:
After having the date we were looking at booking confirmed in numerous emails that not only the date we wanted but ALL Mondays on June were free, they turn around and go 'we made a mistake and the date you wanted is not available!'

Then, as Chrissy said, they were all 'we can accommodate your requests and make this the day you want' after many emails and many questions being asked, that turned into 'well we can't do that, but this the structure of the day we offer!'. STRUCTURE!!!! Yeah, that's really accommodating... Rolling Eyes

So, we...well Chrissy!, is now trying to find another venue for us to check out when she gets here. Really don't want this to be a wasted trip for her.

TBH, it sucks that England has different rules for marrying a foreign national. I do understand why they do this but, when this a genuine wedding, 22 days to be in the country before you can marry just isn't going to work for Chrissy. It's not like she can take 22 days off work!

And, Pete, thanks for asking...I'm fine right now!


What a palaver!!! Hope everything works out for you both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:38 am

It will work out fine...

Went through all my lists and my original 1st choice was shown on Google maps in the wrong location so I put it aside. Went back through everythign last to discover it is in reality only 30 minutes from the train station we arrive in.
so they are scrambling to try to work something out for us while i'm there...
Cross fingers...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Venting   Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:16 am

Chrissy wrote:
It will work out fine...

Went through all my lists and my original 1st choice was shown on Google maps in the wrong location so I put it aside. Went back through everythign last to discover it is in reality only 30 minutes from the train station we arrive in.
so they are scrambling to try to work something out for us while i'm there...
Cross fingers...


Good! Hope you get the day YOU want. Looking forward to a big party! party
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Venting   

Back to top Go down
 
Venting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: