Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dance the night away!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:31 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Looks more like Michael Anthony with that beard!!!!

Get him in the band too!
HELL YEAH!!!

Mr Anthony was actually a really big part of the VH sound...that bass growled

Don't forget the backing vox too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Looks more like Michael Anthony with that beard!!!!

Get him in the band too!
HELL YEAH!!!

Mr Anthony was actually a really big part of the VH sound...that bass growled

Don't forget the backing vox too!
Certainly hadn't!

I just forgot to type it!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:07 am

VAN HALEN - 2011 STILL SHAPING UP FOR A BIG YEAR:
Let's great straight to it - it's been quiet in the Van Halen camp since a wave of expectation and excitement broke following news leaks a few months back regarding a possible new album and tour for 2011.
The Tour: The band will tour extensively in 2011, taking in North America, likely European dates and even some Australian dates, which local newspaper the Herald Sun stated Sunday - [VH] "...are very close to confirming an Oz visit next year..."
The line-up will remain as it was for the 2007 tour - Eddie, Alex, Wolfgang and David Lee Roth.

The New Album: Numerous reports about new music coming from the band are true. There is new music recorded with the expectation of an all-new studio album featuring David Lee Roth to be released in 2011. What is not known right now is the time frame for this.
Here is what I was told. It seems DLR's vocals are being recorded away from the 5150 studio, with Eddie receiving various vocal tracks from the singer, but not always to the guitarist's satisfaction. I'm told that it's work in progress between Eddie and Dave.
I also heard, but cannot confirm, that Eddie has recorded most of the bass parts for the album.

There is a deal in place between Warner Bros. and the band for a new album (as announced a few months back). However, I'm told there is a genuine fear from the label that the album may now not be ready before tour commitments begin. The album was definitely expected to be released in early 2011, but there has been so much going back and forth and re-arranging, so if the recordings are not turned in by early 2011, the label have developed a contingency plan.
That is preparing re-masters of the Sammy Hagar era catalogue (curious decision perhaps, but the only albums left to do), as well as preparing Blue-Ray releases of Live Without a Net and Live Right Here Right Now so at least there is something on the market when the band tours.
Additionally they are preparing limited edition Vinyl releases, which have just appeared on the Rhino/Warner schedule. 1984, Women And Children First and Van Halen II will be released on LP December 13.

And to close - the band apparently tested a few different producers, but the man at the helm for this album is one Ross Hogarth. Go look him up. His website makes no mention of any work with Van Halen, but in July he did make one reference to a new record he was starting. He stated: "The record I just started ROCKS!!! [it] will be amazing...that is all I will say..."

Stay tuned as always...more soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:59 am

The worst kept secret in the world is finally made official...

From www.MelodicRock.com

Quote :
VAN HALEN COMMENCE WORK WITH PRODUCER JOHN SHANKS:
Van Halen will formally start work on a new studio album with Grammy Award winning producer John Shanks Monday January 17. The news of the band's plans was confirmed by myself this weekend.
Rumours of Shanks' involvement with the band surfaced a couple of months ago at the Van Halen Newsdesk. It can now be confirmed.
The band will record their first all-new studio album since 1998's Van Halen III and their first with original singer David Lee Roth since 1983's 1984.
There are no further details available about this latest stint in the studio, nor any suggestion of when the band will be finished and anything subsequently released. Manager Irving Azoff is said to be pushing the band to tour, but I'm told Eddie Van Halen is reluctant to do so without any new material to release.
So while a 2011 tour has been publicly mentioned previously by Azoff, it remains up in the air as to when, or even if a tour will happen this year. A record needs to be completed and I doubt anyone will want to start speculating as to when that will happen.

Questions remain about what happened to the much discussed 2010 recording sessions with producer Ross Hogarth. Officially denied, and not likely to ever be addressed, the fact remains the band were in the studio writing and working for much of 2010. Several famous names commented positively about hearing new material during 2010, including Dweezil Zappa & John 5.
Additionally Warner Publishing issued a press release mid-year stating that the band had re-signed to the company, adding that they were (at that stage) in the studio recording.

Additional rumors remain about Warner's desire to release remastered versions of the band's Sammy Hagar fronted albums and I'm hearing talk of a career spanning Box Set at some stage - fuelled by news that Warner also reached new publishing agreements with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and David Lee Roth in 2010.

Stay tuned...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 am

Anymore VH news Chrissy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Thu May 26, 2011 7:14 am

no...
none of the dj's here are talking about it anymore. They are really mad at the lies...
some of them had been at the studio while they were working on the new album...
should be interesting to see what happens when it does finally come out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:02 am

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00529.shtml

David Lee Roth has posted a short message on his official website simply stating "Get ready...", leading many to believe the singer's first studio album with Van Halen since the multi-platinum '1984' will soon see the light of day. Van Halen -- now consisting of Roth, Alex Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen and his son Wolfgang on bass -- has been in the studio working with producer John Shanks.

Meanwhile, the Van Halen News Desk reports that Alter Bridge/Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti is good friends with Wolfgang Van Halen and was recently invited to 5150 studios, where Eddie, Alex, and Wolfgang Van Halen performed their not-yet-released new record live in the studio, from front to back. He called the experience "Incredible."

Yesterday, a few more details emerged as Tremonti called in to Ross Ford's morning radio show on 94.3 KILO in Colorado and spoke more about his recent trip to 5150.

Describing more about the experience, Mark says, 'Wolfie asked if me and my buddy Eric wanted to go checkout rehearsals the next day over at his dad's house. And I said (laughs) "Of course!" (laughs) So he picked me up the next day and we drove to this big, gated home and we get to 5150 studios. It was just me, my buddy Eric, Wolfie and Eddie in one room, and then Alex was in the other room behind some plexiglass, and then they played down the entire new album. What makes it so great is that they took what they could from all their old demos back in the '80's and pretty much did what they could to create songs out of old ideas, so it sounds like vintage Van Halen. Musically it sounds in the [early '80's] era. I didn't hear any vocals -- David was not there. It was just the three of them and the music sounded like very authentic, old school Van Halen. It was a just a crazy experience to sit there and watch. Eddie was four feet from me, and Wolfie was on the other side. The guys were very excited to be doing what they're doing.

'I remember commenting on Wolfgang's bass parts -- I said, "Man, that was a great chordal thing you did at the end there." And then Eddie looked at me and joked, "Wha..wha..wha.. how was MY part?" (laughs) [I said], "Dude, you're Eddie Van Halen. Your part is incredible every single time! (laughs). He was very, very nice. I couldn't have had a better experience."

When talking about his friendship with Wolfgang, Mark says, "He's just a good, good guy. Every time I see him he's a very positive, humble guy. Being the son of Eddie Van Halen, you don't know what you'd expect, but he's the nicest guy in the world. He's more talented than anybody. He's a drummer, guitar player, bass player, and great singer. I think that when you learn young, you become that much better and he's been doing it since he was a baby, so he's a very, very talented guy. We call him Wolfie."

Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK,
Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK,
Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK, Please play the UK,

Please!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:08 am

from melodicrock.com

VAN HALEN - ALBUM & SINGLE STILL COMING; WORLD TOUR BEING BOOKED:
Welcome to Monday folks... My last Van Halen update was rumours and gossip, but this time around I have some Van Halen FACTS for you. Well...as factual as anything ever gets in VanHalenLand, delivered by a known and trusted source close to ground zero - who, up until this point hasn't had any info at all, as they are not in the habit of delivering rumours to me. Let's go...

- The new Van Halen studio album has NO release date at this point as it is not yet 100% finished. Yep...they are still working on completing it. John Shanks did his bit and now Ross Hogarth, after working with the band in 2010 is back at 5150 to finish the job. There is a single imminent however, but again a date for that arriving at radio or retail is also not yet firm. I'm told "they" are still working on a final mix for the single.
As for a date for the album - I have said all along my money is on October. I'm sticking to that, but with this info, I'd say late October now. No way will the album drop while the band are in Australia and it is desired to have the album out by November because...
- Van Halen's US tour will commence in NOVEMBER!
- Van Halen's 2011/2012 tour will commence in November and I'm told it is likely that the band will stay on the road thru the next Northern summer (mid-2012) with the tour taking in Asia, South America and Europe (watch for the band to possibly headline some festivals in Europe 2012).

That's it for now folks.....short, but concise. Work continues on this album and a single might appear next month. Tour plans are being locked in for a sizeable world tour starting in Australia in September then re-launching in the US in November.

Speaking of the Australian dates coming up, the guy in charge of the Soundwave Festival here in Oz (A.J.) that Van Halen will headline has voiced some frustration at dealing with the band over these dates. On his Twitter account (twitter.com/#!/iamnotshouting) the following two messages:
- "I must say, for one of the world's biggest bands, Van Halen are surrounded by idiots." and "2 months after announcement still can't get the dates on their site despite daily promises...".

And from Classicrockmagazine.com

Van Halen are getting ever closer to finishing their new studio album.

Producer Ross Hogarth has revealed that the record’s in the mixing stages, and everything’s prepared for a release later in the year.

Talking to ultimate-guitar.com, Hogarth said:

“The whole Van Halen record has been recorded and we’re all excited. We have just started mixing the record. I’m really stoked about it, as it is the original band, Eddie and Alex with Wolf playing bass, and David Lee Roth singing, it’s the killing side of Van Halen at the top of their game again with Diamond Dave, and the band on fire.”

Van Halen will reportedly tour extensively in support of their new album. But their only confirmed 2011 dates so far are a series of shows headlining Australia’s Soundwave Revolution festival, with other acts including Alice Cooper, Alter Bridge, Steel Panther, Hole, Danzig, Machine Head, The Damn Things and The Devin Townsend Project.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:02 am

I hate that they call this the original band...Michael is not there , therefore it is not the same is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:07 pm

What a crock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:16 am

Heard the funniest radio interview with Vallerie Bertanelli..She said gee I was married to the guitar player for umteen years and gave birth to the bass player!! Who do I have to know to hear the new record....?

I guess it comes out November
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:44 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:47 am

I'm not impressed....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:50 am

Chrissy wrote:
I'm not impressed....

Tattoo is ok...really like the other two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 am

What could've been...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/mitch-malloys-van-halen-audition-track-leaks-online/

Mitch Malloy's audition...

Van Halen fans are well aware of the different eras of the band — the classic era featuring lead singer David Lee Roth, the “Van Hagar” period with Sammy Hagar, and the less successful lineup with former Extreme singer Gary Cherone. But many fans are unaware that for a brief period, it seemed likely that well-respected AOR singer Mitch Malloy would take over for Hagar as Van Halen’s lead singer. Some previously lost audio from Malloy’s audition has surfaced online, featuring him jamming with the members of Van Halen on ‘Panama.’

The informal recording took place at Van Halen’s 5150 studio in 1996, according to Melodic Rock, which leaked the tape. It’s interesting to hear Malloy — whose voice is closer to that of Sammy Hagar than David Lee Roth — performing on the track, which is a glimpse of what might have been. Had he landed the gig, he might have needed a lyric sheet; Malloy doesn’t appear to know all of the words to the iconic, “Yeah, we’re runnin’ a little bit hot tonight” voiceover. But it’s still a rockin’ version of the song, which the band members were apparently happy with; after it ends, they can be heard laughing and cutting up, with somebody saying, “That was fun!”

Melodic Rock reports that after three days of hanging out and jamming with Van Halen, Malloy was offered the job by the band, but their management instead insisted on Gary Cherone — which ushered in the relatively ill-fated ‘Van Halen III’ era.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Nice find but in all truth, that singer is just yout run of the mill average singer.

Who is he anyway? Never heard the name before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:29 pm

RFFB wrote:
Nice find but in all truth, that singer is just yout run of the mill average singer.

I never heard of him either. Ive come to realize I am a Van Halen snob. If its not David Lee Roth then its just Karaoke to me...

Talk about a big let down. We wait all that time for a new album and this huge tour and I dont know about you guys but the album stunk and the tour was overated...When the radio only plays them for a week if that as big as halen was you know its time to retire...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:05 am

Chrissy wrote:
RFFB wrote:

I never heard of him either. Ive come to realize I am a Van Halen snob. If its not David Lee Roth then its just Karaoke to me...

Talk about a big let down. We wait all that time for a new album and this huge tour and I dont know about you guys but the album stunk and the tour was overated...When the radio only plays them for a week if that as big as halen was you know its time to retire...

Personally I love the album and still listen to it on a regular basis. Unlike Monster which is now on the CD shelf...
Don't know about the tour as they never come to the UK!!!! If they do I'll be there & I;m sure I'll enjoy it!

You can bitch about them as much as you like (least you've seen them/had the chance to see them) but when they're gone you'll miss them... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 am

"When they're gone I'll miss them" interesting point but not true in my case. Seriously I heard the new album one time and never thought about it again. They have been gone for me a very long time and I miss them. I miss woman and children first Van Halen not this throw back.

I wont knock Sammy as he did an excellent job but that wasn't Van Halen that was a realy cool other band.

Maybe Van Halen is my KISS...I dont think KISS would ever be the same band without Paul and Gene. Put whoever you want in the makeup and sing the songs. They might be really great and put out a great product but it wont be KISS...

Thats just how I see it for me...might be standig alone on this island but thats how I see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 am

Chrissy wrote:
"When they're gone I'll miss them" interesting point but not true in my case. Seriously I heard the new album one time and never thought about it again. They have been gone for me a very long time and I miss them. I miss woman and children first Van Halen not this throw back.

I wont knock Sammy as he did an excellent job but that wasn't Van Halen that was a realy cool other band.

Maybe Van Halen is my KISS...I dont think KISS would ever be the same band without Paul and Gene. Put whoever you want in the makeup and sing the songs. They might be really great and put out a great product but it wont be KISS...

Thats just how I see it for me...might be standig alone on this island but thats how I see it.

Fair enough. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 am

Remarkabley good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:01 am

I'm not knocking it because your posted version was good but this is my Van Halen!!
Look at the size of the show!!! That was when you went to a show it literally rocked you to your core.
Untouchable!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

Chrissy wrote:
I'm not knocking it because your posted version was good but this is my Van Halen!!
Look at the size of the show!!! That was when you went to a show it literally rocked you to your core.
Untouchable!!!!!

So your Van Halen is my Van Halen then... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Dance the night away!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:14 am

nice try
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content