Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blu Ray Vs Dvd

Go down 
+2
Rev
Matty35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:42 am

Hey Guys,

Any of you made the change to Blu Ray?

I bought a Blu Ray player a few weeks back & im really pleased & impressed with the quality. One thing i have noticed is movies around ten years & older are a bit hit & miss, i purchased "Bram Stokers Dracula" (1992) & in a nutshell, the transfer is very bland, "Cliffhanger" (1993) is only slightly better, but "Dirty Harry" (1971) & "Forrest Gump" (1993) look awesome!...maybe it's the fading original film stock, or flicks like "Cliffhanger" just don't get the budget for remastering.

More recent films like "Tears Of Sun".."300".."Sin City".."Gladiator".."Die Hard 4.0".."Rambo".."Troy" & "Avatar" all look amazing compared to Dvd Shocked

Replacing my Dvd's could get expensive Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:21 pm

MATTY! Whats up bro? I've been toying with getting a blu ray player but it sounded like so much hype I just didn't know, but now the prices on them are pretty good so I may jump off ang get myself one.

Good to see ya back dude! cheer
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Rev wrote:
MATTY! Whats up bro? I've been toying with getting a blu ray player but it sounded like so much hype I just didn't know, but now the prices on them are pretty good so I may jump off ang get myself one.

Good to see ya back dude! cheer

Cheers Rev, good to be back!...had a lot of shit going on, we had a death in the family which knocked us for six, hoping to pop in a bit more often now.

I totally recommend Blu Ray, & yes you're right brother, most disc's are cheap (in the UK) well under 10 pounds thums up

Regardless of what your opinion of Avatar is, the Blu Ray quality is jaw dropping, the 3D version at the cinema was good but this is something else not worthy2
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:28 am

A friend of mine has blu ray and from what I've seen it's pretty good. But it's just another system to make everything you've got obsolete. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 am

Roger H wrote:
But it's just another system to make everything you've got obsolete. Rolling Eyes

This. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick to DVD.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm holding to DVD so tired of switching...Yeah yeah I know its better but I just don't care that much...The only thing i did learn was a Play station have one of the best DVD players on the market for half the price so you get the gaming and a killer dvd play and also Wait for it!!! it plays blue ray!!So just in case you get one...You're ready to go with one machine....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 am

Chrissy wrote:
I'm holding to DVD so tired of switching...Yeah yeah I know its better but I just don't care that much...The only thing i did learn was a Play station have one of the best DVD players on the market for half the price so you get the gaming and a killer dvd play and also Wait for it!!! it plays blue ray!!So just in case you get one...You're ready to go with one machine....

Do you mean to say that the PS3 has the best Blu-ray on the market?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 am

Yes but for both....To price out buying a very good quality dvd player let alone one that also plays blue ray they don't compare to the PS3....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 am

Chrissy wrote:
Yes but for both....To price out buying a very good quality dvd player let alone one that also plays blue ray they don't compare to the PS3....

Precisely!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:52 am

I was in a store and they had a demonstration of DVD & Blu-ray players side by side obviously on HD TV's...and I was genuinely surprised that there was a real difference in quality when watching the Blu-Ray disk.

Not enough to make me baothered about buying one tho, as Pete said, I ain'y gonna fork out to replace my DVD's. Hell, I still haven't replaced all my records with cd's yet!!!!

And now there's an even better quality CD standard that has come out also!!!!!! STOP!!!!!!!! It's too much!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blu Ray Vs Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blu Ray Vs Dvd   Blu Ray Vs Dvd I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blu Ray Vs Dvd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: