Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touchy Subject ?

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Roger. H
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 am

Isreali troops murder 10 people in International waters and in all lilkelihood will get away with killing civilians again with just a " Stern Warning " from the U.N.
Just wondered what anyone else thinks on here. I've got a idea this an emotive subject ( I had Mrs H ranting and raving about Isreal turning into the Nazi's of the 21st century, it took a couple of glasses of wine to calm her down !!) I haven't seen this mentioned on any other forum I look at and thought I might get some rational feedback on here as we all seem to be level minded adults. ( I hope ).
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 am

Its sad...Those people were slaughtered.....This whole mess between Irsael and Palestine has been going on for so long...I think the only good thing to come out of it was the pressure from the U.N. made Egypt open its border with Gaza for the first time in over a year...It allowed for 1000's of people to make a mad dash out....

I work in Glendale California which has the largest Armenian population outside of Turkey...Turkey is claiming to still be on good terms with Israel but the tension this causes is unreal..and the fighting..even here is ridiculous...There seems to be something deep inside people in this section of the world that even if they have never been there for generations..The hate seems to be just overloaded in them..Sad because I would say most of them have no idea why they hate them so....

Its so sad because who do you believe...According to Israel this was all instigated by pro-palestinian activists who were pretending to be aid workers but were instead planning a fight. The organizers of the flotilla say that Israel opened fire as soon as they landed on the docks. They have video to support this but in this age can you trust anything....

So glad I don't live there!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:02 am

Chrissy wrote:
Its so sad because who do you believe...According to Israel this was all instigated by pro-palestinian activists who were pretending to be aid workers but were instead planning a fight.

That's true, there are two sides to every story, but if that were so surely they would have been better armed than with a few iron bars and knives ??
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:44 am

God love 'em. The day these guys agree to peaceful terms, it's gonna be GAME OVER.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:49 am

that is so true........
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:30 am

Don't know much about it so can't really comment..

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:44 am

Pete wrote:

Sorry.

That's o.k. That story has been overshadowed somewhat by yesterday's events in Cumbria. You never know when the next maniac is going to crawl out from under their stone. No
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:34 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Sorry.

That's o.k. That story has been overshadowed somewhat by yesterday's events in Cumbria. You never know when the next maniac is going to crawl out from under their stone. No

Indeed. Very sad yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:28 am

So as of today there is another humanitarian vessel heading to Israel..and it be irish......

The Israeli government and the Irish government reached an agrrement to unload the vessel's cargo at a port in Ashdod and transport it to Gaza...Now keep inmind this was the same deal that was offered to activists in the aid convoy attacked Monday.

Now this ship only contains 11 passengers four of them over the age of 60 and a crew of 8. The passengers have said any confrontations would be peaceful. The director of Israel's Foreign ministry said in a statement that they have no desire to board the ship and will ensure its safe arrival in Ashdod.

However, Israel's foreign minister Lieberman said in a T.v. interview that the Ship the Rachel Corrie will not be allowed to dock in Gaza. We will stop that ship and any ship that will try to harm Israeli sovereignty. "There is not chance of the Rachel Corrie reaching the coast of Gaza"

lets hope this one goes well.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:46 am

What's it delivering...Guiness???
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:29 pm

I typed up a serious reply to this and then my internet crashed...bloody typical.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Blimey!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Frethead wrote:
Blimey!
Well said!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:06 pm

haven't heard anything....I'm sure with all of the coverage and the fact that the entire world is watching that this drop off operation went well..They were docking outside of Gaza so they were obeying the requests...
Sure hope its a start....
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:42 am

Chrissy wrote:
haven't heard anything....I'm sure with all of the coverage and the fact that the entire world is watching that this drop off operation went well..They were docking outside of Gaza so they were obeying the requests...
Sure hope its a start....
Nope!!!

They have stopped it!!!! Was on the news last night...actually might hav ebeen a different boat, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:36 pm

yes it was indeed stopped...

The 3 year blockage of Hamas -ruled Gaza is still in full effect....This closure keeps 1.5 million Palestinians confined and only allows in basic humanitarian goods...at least this latest attempt was bloodless but there are at least 4 more being planned for the next month....
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 am

We "UN nations" just need to stay the fuck out of those countries and let themselves do what they want to each other.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Hear ye, hear ye!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Touchy Subject ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touchy Subject ?   Touchy Subject ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touchy Subject ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: