Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Music....

Go down 
+3
Pete
Roger. H
Chrissy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Challenge for you guys....I love hearing new music...It's energizing and reminds me to stay open minded and to grow in my music tastes. So with that said I was hoping you would post some of the new music you have heard and liked out there..If you haven't heard any then maybe use this as a push to listen to something new...

my first offering is a band from New Hampshire called Scissor Fight.....This is not great but its different!!! It has a great drive!!!love the sound...and how can you go wrong with words like "Get the fuck off my car creep!"

Blizzards, Buzzards, Bastards!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Hmm not bad, reminds me of CLAWFINGER a bit. The thread should be called " New Bands " as the music is not that new. But then again if the band's new then their music is new to the scene...........................Ugh !! it's too early to start thinking !! confused 1
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:23 am

Yes I like new music too.

Recently Ive been listening to new music from Kiss, Cheap Trick, The Scorpions, Ratt and Slash! lol!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:33 am

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 am

Hey scope.....!!!!
How's your buddy Binge doing? Nice to see their new stuff here.....
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Hey scope.....!!!!
How's your buddy Binge doing? Nice to see their new stuff here.....

Ha. He's doin' fine Chrissy. Did you know that Binge was a goalkeeper for the Santa Clara soccer team before fronting DP?? Something the Brits should appreciate. Upscope fell in love w/ their first album & was concerned that their follow UP wouldn't compare. All concerns are off. The 2nd album Rawks even more than the first. This band deserves success. They have been working hard either recording or touring for 3 years strait now.

Every time Upscope goes to a show & watches the opening act he just can't help but to think that DP is tons better. They just need a break.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Scope do you remember Antidote?

ok not the newest of bands but new to here...Can you believe this is Corey Taylor from slipknot? Nice to hear him use his voice...

Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:36 pm

How did you know about Antidote Chrissy??
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:09 pm

'Scope wrote:
How did you know about Antidote Chrissy??

Ha ha...My brother used to surf Santa Cruz. way back then....I believe they are from there....So I spent some time up there visiting my brother and checked them out at a local club up there...Thought they were great!!!! Talk about glam at its best......
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 am

Antidote is Dirty Penny!!!

They were forced to change their name for legal reasons. Another band had trademarked the name "Antidote" & threatened to sue. Thus was the birth of Dirty Penny as we know it today....
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 pm

'Scope wrote:

They were forced to change their name for legal reasons. Another band had trademarked the name "Antidote" & threatened to sue. Thus was the birth of Dirty Penny as we know it today....

I did hear that.....I thought Antidote was brilliant because I remember them as a Poison tribute band...So glad to see local boys doing so well.....Go Cali!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 am

Chrissy wrote:
'Scope wrote:

I did hear that.....I thought Antidote was brilliant because I remember them as a Poison tribute band...So glad to see local boys doing so well.....Go Cali!

I thought Cyanide were a loving tribute to Poison? scratch
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:13 am

Chrissy wrote:
'Scope wrote:

That is correct Chrissy. Dirty Penny got their start as a Poison cover band going by the name Antidote. They still throw in a token Poison song @ their live shows today & pull it off better than Poison btw cheer

A+ for Chrissy for knowing that!! bottom's up
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am

'Scope wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
'Scope wrote:

That is correct Chrissy. Dirty Penny got their start as a Poison cover band going by the name Antidote. They still throw in a token Poison song @ their live shows today & pull it off better than Poison btw cheer

A+ for Chrissy for knowing that!! bottom's up

Yay Chrissy!! She knows her stuff!! cheers
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Not today thank you...

Still lovin the 70's!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:47 pm

you rebel!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:01 am

No, not really...just a boring old fart!!!! LOL!!!!

But most of fav albums are from the 70's KISS, Aerosmith, Rainbow, Rush, Sabbath, Purple, Zepp, VH (tho the best VH is the 80's for me), Angel, Starz, UFO (seriously Obsession...pure pure 100% quality).

Off the top of my head I haven't any new band that can touch the style or class of ANY of those bands.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 am

Oh no your are becoming one of those!!!! "These new bands today...."

Not me I don't think any new band compares with a classic...But then again no classic can compare with something new!! I love new music..I think it energizing and leads to so many new avenues....Wonder what it must have been like when our classics were new and edgy.....Its fun to listen to the old boys talking about what it was like for them when they hit the scene...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:57 am

MY FAVOURITE SCAR-----------Waste....................( Not really new music but a good new band. Then again I'm a little biased because the drummer is a friend of mine. Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:56 am

STORMZONE---------------Wasted Lives........................( They've been around a while now but I bet you've never heard them.This is from their new album Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:28 am

Cool Roger and it was even in English!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Cool Roger and it was even in English!!!!!

Yeh, but I wont hold that against them !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:59 am

Roger H wrote:
MY FAVOURITE SCAR-----------Waste....................( Not really new music but a good new band. Then again I'm a little biased because the drummer is a friend of mine. Very Happy )

Now THAT I REALLY LIKE!!!!!!

Info please! Releases to buy...I found a download but I like 'physical product'...I found a Myspace page, on Google, but they don't seem to have a website of their own? How long they been going???

Very very cool song...thanks for the tip-off!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:33 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Now THAT I REALLY LIKE!!!!!!

Info please! Releases to buy...I found a download but I like 'physical product'...I found a Myspace page, on Google, but they don't seem to have a website of their own? How long they been going???

Very very cool song...thanks for the tip-off!!!!

M.F.S has been Stephen's ( the drummer ) side project for quite a while now. He played me the album, that's due for release soon, about 3 years ago !! He and his wife stayed with us when his old band ( Within Temptaion ) were supporting Iron Maiden at Twickenham. At last he has left them and started to give all his attention to this band, who in my opinion, are far better than W.T. I must contact him and wish him luck with the album and shout at him for making me jealous, I've just noticed they've got the support slot with KISS in their home town !!

They do have a site, just look at Rev's last post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Music.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music....   New Music.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Music....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next