Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Earthquake post

Go down 
+2
Rev
Chrissy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Another Earthquake post Empty
PostSubject: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Sunday 4 pm or so California time we had a huge earthqauke. Scared the begeevous out of me....Mexicali Mexico which is a fair distance away started as a 6.9 now settled official at a 7.2...That boys and girls is really big....

Where was I Disneyland!!!! and there is nothing more strange than the largest most crowded money making machine come to a grinding halt. Disney closes for nothing no holidays nothing....It stopped for this!!!!After shocks for this are being felt up into the bay area which is 1500 miles away!!!!!!

Just got home and all is well here thankfully....Except for once this one has me on edge...I'm nervous over this one..We have been having lots lately and they seem to be getting really big...

When you get a chance put us West Coasters into your thoughts will you and also our beloved Chuckles has family not to far from there..I sure hope they are alright.....
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Wow Chrissy glad to hear all is well after that. I will definatley keep you and your family as well as all the folks out there in my thoughts. 7.2 affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:31 am

Yep, there does seem to have been quite a few quakes around there recently...

Glad to hear you are ok tho...hope you weren't on a Disney ride when it struck!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:53 am

Very glad to hear that you and yours are doing well, Chrissy.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 pm

It sure seems like everyone was lucky on this one...Huge amounts of damage but very little loss of life...Amazing considering the size...I spoke to chuck and his family is fine....So hurrah for us!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Glad everyone is safe. group hug

I love you Marty
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 pm

A few years ago Mrs H and I went to Point Reyes National Park, just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, and while there found a huge diagram of all the fault lines that run across California. Pretty scary to see how many there are but we had to raise a smile when we noticed that one of them is called HAYWARDS FAULT !! Typical, I always get the blame !!! Rolling Eyes

Glad you're safe, Chrissy. group hug
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 am

Should have known Roger.....Years ago I took a hike to where you can look down to a crevice which runs along part of the San Andreas fault line. Its our largest fault in California and it runs under this mountain..Why is this interesting...it has been turning the mountain over the years!!! Very cool to see how in pictures it has been slowly rotating.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Earthquake post   Another Earthquake post I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Earthquake post
Page 1 of 1