Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?

Go down 
+4
Rev
Frethead
Chrissy
Pete
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Are Black Sabbath 'Heavy Metal'?
Yes
Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
No
Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap57%Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Now this is why I like this site. I made a critical post and no one bats an eyelid, I get a "Whatever !", a set up to make a joke and a sensible answer telling me we aint going to agree on this one, perfect ! Unlike a certain other forum where, I suspect, all Hell would have broken lose by now. Very Happy

See I don't understand one-sided thinking like that..Why would it be fun if we all agreed...Where is the colorful discussion and the banter....Disagreeing is passionate and fun....They all sound like they need a good ass kick to me...or at least pull the big stick out.....

For me I think I answered this question by when i thought heavy metal originated...I do think for its time Black Sabbath was definetly one of the hardest rock bands but I don't see where the metal edge and sound had come into play yet...If I think of metal I immediately think of Motorhead as being one of the forefathers and then bands like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden...That is where I see this new genre of music starting...I think those bands would have never gotten there without bands like Sabbath but i still see them as a pivetal step and not the definitive group....

It's because I was obviously trying to get you all to agree with me!

Well spoken, Chrissy! That's funny, Pete!

Considering influence upon the general media/ entertainment industry, it seems to me the depth to which fans embrace the music, as indicated by popularity among the brood and noted in number(s) of sales, "heavy metal" music pretty much left it's first blood marks in '81 and '82, respectively, with the release of Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast and Judas Priest's Screaming for Vengeance.

Not to offfend . . . there were ten thousand bands playing similar-sounding LOUDER, FASTER AND/ OR HARDER music through the late seventies/ early eighties, and as would be - the beginning may be approximated; however, the initial spark of life hidden. Ofcourse, Led Zeppelin were very well seated in the seventies, and Van Halen hit the shelves in '77 or '78. I think we are in agreement that Def Leppard were very heavy in their dark, early days, and I don't know off of the top of my head when On Through the Night ( their first album) was released, but, High 'n' Dry ( their second) hit the shelves in '81, too.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Pete you goon did you really think I was saying you were one minded????As if!!!!

I was talking in reference to the "other" web site silly not you....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:08 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete you goon did you really think I was saying you were one minded????As if!!!!

As was I! I posted the same question over there and got told that I was obviously trying to get you all to agree with me.

RFFB & Roger will confirm this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats is funny......I wouldn't last a day there!!!!!........
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

As was I! I posted the same question over there and got told that I was obviously trying to get you all to agree with me.

Yep...I confirm!!!

Went something on the lines of 'you only posted the thread so people could agree with you!!!!'...wierd... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:47 pm

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Yep...I confirm!!!

Went something on the lines of 'you only posted the thread so people could agree with you!!!!'...wierd... Rolling Eyes

We have confirmation. Confirmation has been recorded. It's history. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:03 am

I think its one of those subjective personal opinions really. Some call them heavy metal, some call them hard rock. Hell some say Queens Innuendo album was heavy metal... reaaaaaaaaaaaally? I mean, its just a genre. Like Dave Mustaine said "you shouldn't be tied down to one genre, because then you can't expand". I just think of Black Sabbath as Black Sabbath. They were definitely the start of heavy metal in the sense they incorporated a lot of things still used today, but maybe heavy metal has progressed since then. Although wasn't the term originally coined in Born to be Wild... "heavy metal thunder" which was late 60s right?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:03 am

Skezza wrote:
I think its one of those subjective personal opinions really. Some call them heavy metal, some call them hard rock. Hell some say Queens Innuendo album was heavy metal... reaaaaaaaaaaaally? I mean, its just a genre. Like Dave Mustaine said "you shouldn't be tied down to one genre, because then you can't expand". I just think of Black Sabbath as Black Sabbath. They were definitely the start of heavy metal in the sense they incorporated a lot of things still used today, but maybe heavy metal has progressed since then. Although wasn't the term originally coined in Born to be Wild... "heavy metal thunder" which was late 60s right?

Very true and good points. Although in born to be wild..Heavy metal thunder was a reference to his Motorcycle...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?   Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath, they're 'Heavy Metal'...right?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2