Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr Empty
PostSubject: 2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr   2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 am

Hey everyone,
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Rocking New Year!

Sorry it has been a while, I've been bogged down with work and just general shit, that i've barely been able to do anything. Its been a while since I uploaded anything on here, but I figured it was worth adding these two as they've been lying around for a while.

The first is my cover of the Black Sabbath classic Paranoid. I initially recorded this back in 2007, but my lack of production knowledge left me with a very disappointing final recording. A few years on, I have remixed the tune and although it still leaves a lot to be desired, it is much better than what it was. There is two rhythm tracks, one lead track and a bass track. Drum track is done by a drum machine. The lead was done in one take and was styled mainly on Jake E. Lee. The rhythm was also done in one take and I decided NOT to correct the part where one rhythm track actually cut out (Due to my guitar lead failing).

The second is an original mixdown which I knocked up a few months back. There was no real direction to it. It was just an experimental piece. I never even thought of a name, however it marked a massive improvement in my production as I refrained from using Sony Acid and switched to CuBase. I also stopped using the outdated GuitarPort software and started using GuitarRig 3 and Amplitube for my guitar tones. There are two individual rhythm tracks, panned left and right and both recorded in one take. There is one lead track, which was doubled up using two separate patches (one in GuitarRig, one in Amplitube) giving a thick creamy tone. The solo's were recorded in one take and the guitar was the Charvel Jake E Lee signature.

They can be viewed by going here www.myspace.com/skezzasolo

They're the bottom two tracks Smile

Lastly, me and my father decided to do a one take cover of some Christmas Carols with a bit of a shred them to it. So, despite being completely smashed of our tits (Christmas Riff Raff aye? Smile ) we decided to spend 15 minutes or so chalking this together. Theres a few duff notes on my part, but hey, it could have been a lot worse. Nice way to prepare for Christmas Dinner though Very Happy

ROCK N ROLL!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr   2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:37 am

Cool tune you Rocked it Skeezz style. You and Pop's!! Sweet!!! cheers :rockin out:
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr   2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Way to go Joe!, cool new tunes mate, & the vid thums up - You crazy as a coconut!! cheesin'
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr   2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 am

That was cool
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr   2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:24 am

laxcdn wrote:
That was cool

Ditto. thums up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr   2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 New Recordings + A Little Clip of Skezza and Skezza Snr
Page 1 of 1