Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winger...any thoughts?

Go down 
+8
kokeakola
Roger. H
'Scope
chuck1223
Shelby
Chrissy
Pete
Matty35
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Winger...any thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:12 am

Any of you guys into Winger?

This band has been the target of to many negative jabs over the years!!...Despite Beavis & Butthead, it is possible to dig Winger & Slayer.. bat

Personally i like them, Im a huge Reb Beach fan..I think hes one of the best Hard Rock players out there!

Andy has met Reb & tells me he's a great laugh & a real nice guy!

"In the heart of the young" is a fine Cd, but my favourite by them is the heavier "Pull" album.

Of course Grunge killed the band off in the 90's, but their new Cd & live Dvd rocks!!

Must not forget Kip, i love his vocals, especially on "Pull"!!!

Any fans or thoughts? (good or bad) Wink

cheers

Matty.. cheesin'
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:24 am

Matty35 wrote:
Any of you guys into Winger?

This band has been the target of to many negative jabs over the years!!...Despite Beavis & Butthead, it is possible to dig Winger & Slayer.. bat

Personally i like them, Im a huge Reb Beach fan..I think hes one of the best Hard Rock players out there!

Andy has met Reb & tells me he's a great laugh & a real nice guy!

"In the heart of the young" is a fine Cd, but my favourite by them is the heavier "Pull" album.

Of course Grunge killed the band off in the 90's, but their new Cd & live Dvd rocks!!

Must not forget Kip, i love his vocals, especially on "Pull"!!!

Any fans or thoughts? (good or bad) Wink

cheers

Matty.. cheesin'

Reb Beach is a great guitarist, serving Whitesnake well. Only really know 17, Down Incognito and Battle Stations. Never really been into the band that much...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 am

I used to really like Winger. But it fit my life and maybe that is the problem. Aside from the music talent Im talking about Kip. When he sang "she's only 17" I was 17 and the music seemed to fit my life to the tea from the thoughts in my head etc. Now when i see him and hear him talk I'm not 17 and neither is he and its a little too much reality for me...Plus isn't he a country singer now?

Now for the music i like it! To this day it plays well and at the time they seems like a no BS band. You went they played it was good, you bought the album it was good, no drama just good!
Back to top Go down
Shelby

Shelby

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am

Love this band! Unfortunately their image from BITD has overshadowed the amount of talent that these guys have.

I've only seen them a handful of times, but each time I was not disappointed. The most recent show being about 2 years ago, and their set was tight! Kip's vocals were spot on, Reb Beach's playing was phenomenal! Of course, I have to give props to Rod Morgenstein & Jon Roth. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of musicians. When they sang "Seventeen" that night, they changed the lyrics to "She's only thirty-five" LOL!

My friend and I both got to meet Kip after the show when he came out to sign stuff for fans and take photos. Really nice guy and gracious to every fan. He took the time to talk to people, no rock-star attitude whatsoever! If they come to your town, I highly recommend catching a show!
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : forum lurker

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:08 pm

I have always been a Winger fan !!! Tons of talent in that band. Reb Beach is a monster on guitar..... rok on
Back to top Go down
http://robbintribute.8forum.info
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:15 pm

When Upscope went to Japan last year to see Ratt, Winger was the opener. After 4 consecutive nights of standing through their set it was very apparent that they still had it. VERY solid band.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Upscope & Izzy had the pleasure of meeting Reb as well. In fact, even got to eat dinner with him rock on He's is an awesome dude. VERY nice & went out of his way to introduce himself (like we didn't already know who he was) & made both Upscope & Izzy feel welcome. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Kip. Upscope got the impression that he was giving the cold shoulder to him & Iz.

The story goes like this. Once the 4 date tour was over we were backstage chatting w/ Robbie Crane (Ratt bassist). He took a liking to 'Scope & Izzy for some reason & extended an invitation to the after tour dinner with the bands & the promotion company. We walk in & Warren & Blotzer are gracious enough to greet us. Reb thanks us & introduces himself & seats us at the table right next to them. Jon Roth is like 'hey I remember seeing you guys rokin' out in the front row every night thanks 4 the support'.....Hell even Stephen Pearcy paid his respects to 'Scope & Iz Shocked
Kip Winger never said a word & never acknowledged our existence. He simply gave a strait face glare that screamed 'you two aren't supposed to be here.'.....Little did he know, we were actually invited!!

Izzy actually shot a video of this event & if she ever shows UP will surely post it??

Iz & RB:

Winger...any thoughts? 2007_1113RattJapanTour0054b

Winger...any thoughts? 2007_1113RattJapanTour0048-1

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Thats a cool bit!

Glad to hear they can still bring it. I love the "she only 35" thats class!!
I don't where I heard Kip had crossed over into country. Watched him on the top 100 metal songs
on VH1 and he looked beat up and bloated. Its like they say the worse you act the worse you look.

That Reb sounds like a class act.
Dinner must of been fun! thanks for sharin
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Kip actually looked pretty good. And performed like a champ. This was Nov. '07

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Shelby

Shelby

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:11 pm

'Scope wrote:
Kip actually looked pretty good. And performed like a champ. This was Nov. '07

'Scope

Ditto that. I saw him in March '07 and he was in great shape. I think he's aged quite well for an 80's rocker!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:12 pm

I wonder if this show was really recent because he wasn't lookin so good.
Glad to hear maybe they caught him at a bad moment?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 am

In answer to the topic question.
No ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:51 pm

I dig Winger. Reb Beach rips, and Rod Morgenstern is a killer drummer.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:05 pm

I still love Winger's debut album. I like the later stuff too but the first was the best for me.
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:08 pm

I Like them! Quality musicians! I met them during there Pull LP tour! I was singing for a band that opened up for them! back then Winger had some really good fans and they made for a great show! I remember getting some time to watch them and I really enjoyed there show! They were very tight and there singing was on!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:00 am

At that dinner Robbie Crane complemented Kip on this song. Kip then went into a story about this girl that he dated when he was younger. He met this girl that he really liked but she was very messed UP & into a lot of bad habits. Kip gave her a chance & helped her clean herself UP. He thought that she was the one & that he had planned on spending the rest of his life with her. But, in the end she simply couldn't keep her hand out of the cookie jar. They eventually went their separate ways but he has always had a soft spot in his heart for her. He later wrote a song about her. This is the story of where this song came from:

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 am

Thanks for the story Scope. Im sure the tune "Under One Condition" is about an Ex girlfriend of Paul Taylors too.

Great Vid, great tune!
Back to top Go down
Mary1234

Mary1234

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:32 am

Not that has any bearing but, my sis used to work for a concert promoter up north in New York and one time, kip winger came to town. I cant remember if he was solo or with Winger, but my sis hung out with him and he BEGGED her to go back to his hotel room with him. She said no, cus she was dating someone else. She said he kept telling her how hot she looked...LOL

Also, I heard awhile back that Kip's wife was killed in an auto wreck a few years ago? I never heard this before...does anyone know what happened?

Mary
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:37 am

Mary1234 wrote:
Not that has any bearing but, my sis used to work for a concert promoter up north in New York and one time, kip winger came to town. I cant remember if he was solo or with Winger, but my sis hung out with him and he BEGGED her to go back to his hotel room with him. She said no, cus she was dating someone else. She said he kept telling her how hot she looked...LOL

Also, I heard awhile back that Kip's wife was killed in an auto wreck a few years ago? I never heard this before...does anyone know what happened?
Mary

I didnt know this Mary, im gonna give it a google search now!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:43 am

Yep, you are correct Mary, his wife Beatrice was killed in an automobile accident in 1996.

Fuck.. Shocked

That awful!!! No
Back to top Go down
Mary1234

Mary1234

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:51 am

Matty35 wrote:
Yep, you are correct Mary, his wife Beatrice was killed in an automobile accident in 1996.

Fuck.. Shocked

That awful!!! No

I just googled it too. That pretty much sucks..
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 am

Woman drivers Rolling Eyes

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 am

'Scope wrote:

'Scope

Ahhh, that was a low blow Upscope. In more ways than one!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:07 am

'Scope wrote:
'Scope wrote:

'Scope

Ahhh, that was a low blow Upscope. In more ways than one!

'Scope

You're right. Upscope better apologize now before Mary comes along & pounds him.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:14 am

Matty35 wrote:

No
Dam, never knew about that! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winger...any thoughts?   Winger...any thoughts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winger...any thoughts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next