Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? Empty
PostSubject: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:48 am

Aerosmith's lead guitarist Joe Perry says the legendary rock band isn't breaking up — although they need a new singer.

Joe Perry, who took to his Twitter account on Monday evening to let fans know that "Aerosmith is definitely NOT breaking up ... one of the members is doing his own thing and said so in the press."

That last line was in reference to a recent interview Tyler gave to British magazine Classic Rock, in which he said he had canceled all remaining Aerosmith dates, and was instead focused on — as he put it —"working on the brand of myself: Brand Tyler."

And according to another Perry tweet, the band is looking for a frontman to replace Tyler, with plans of hitting the road once again.

"Aerosmith is positively looking for a new singer to work with. You just can't take 40 years of experience and throw it in the bin," he wrote. "[The] band is playing hotter than ever and our songs need to be played live. Don't despair: Aerosmith is not splitting up. Promise that's the last you'll hear from me on the subject 'till we gear up again."

As with all band controversies, the rumors are already starting to swirl about possible replacements for Tyler. Bruce Owens of tmrzoo.com is reporting that there is chatter that Kid Rock will be tapped to fill in for the Boston Bad Boy’s next tour. Not only is Rock a huge fan, but he has the stage presence and voice to pull off the gig. Other names Owens reports have heard to be thrown around are past Joe Perry Project vocalists Charlie Farren and Mark Bell. Remember folks, these are just rumors.

In other Aerosmith news, drummer Joey Kramer has said that his band have been misquoted with regard to stories suggesting singer Steven Tyler had left the band.

Guitarist Joe Perry recently said that Tyler had left the band set-up, but that they were still set to continue without him. Kramer told US radio station WPLR that the comments had been taken "out of context" but did not deny that Tyler had left.

"My partners have been misquoted and their comments have been taken out of context," he claimed. "I'm not going to make a statement about that on the radio. I'm going to make a statement about it in person."

Kramer confirmed that Aerosmith have not broken up, whether or not Tyler has quit. "No, the band didn't break up," he said. "We've gone through a lot of stuff together. It's been a 40-year marriage."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 am

Yeah, Tyler's being an arse.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 am

I think this is a real shame.

Aerosmith without Steven Tyler just isn't Aerosmith. His voice is unique and there isn't another singer out there who sounds like him.

He is simply irreplaceable.

I've always thought singers are the hardest member of a band to replace as you associate a band with the voice.

Truely great bands have unique singers...as soon as you hear the voice you know the band. And Aerosmith are one of them.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 am

RFFB wrote:

Aerosmith without Steven Tyler just isn't Aerosmith. His voice is unique and there isn't another singer out there who sounds like him.

I've always thought singers are the hardest member of a band to replace as you associate a band with the voice.

Truely great bands have unique singers...as soon as you hear the voice you know the band. And Aerosmith are one of them.

Both parties (Aerosmith) and Tyler want to take a long hard look at themselves and realise they're at the end of their career, they're too old for this shit and that they're acting like babies and just get one with bieng Aerosmith, trying to produce an album as good as Pump which I think was their last GREAT record.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Both parties (Aerosmith) and Tyler want to take a long hard look at themselves and realise they're at the end of their career, they're too old for this shit and that they're acting like babies and just get one with bieng Aerosmith, trying to produce an album as good as Pump which I think was their last GREAT record.

You took the words right out of my mouth.....Bands need to learn to shut the door and go home sometimes....
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth.....Bands need to learn to shut the door and go home sometimes....
Huh?

Every band has their zenith after which it's downhill afterwards but that doesn't mean they should just 'shut the door.'

Not sure about the 'too old' bit either. What's age got to do with anything? As long as they can write some decent tunes and play them is all that counts. Unless you mean too old for all this dumb bickerin...in which case, I agree!

If Pump was the one with Young Lust and F.I.N.E. on then I also agree. One well cool album.

Hell, when The Stones/Aerosmith/KISS/Scorps/ACDC call it a day and we are left with fuckin Fall Out Boy or whoever, that will be a sad sad day indeed
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:25 am

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Huh?

Every band has their zenith after which it's downhill afterwards but that doesn't mean they should just 'shut the door.'

Not sure about the 'too old' bit either. What's age got to do with anything? As long as they can write some decent tunes and play them is all that counts. Unless you mean too old for all this dumb bickerin...in which case, I agree!

If Pump was the one with Young Lust and F.I.N.E. on then I also agree. One well cool album.

Hell, when The Stones/Aerosmith/KISS/Scorps/ACDC call it a day and we are left with fuckin Fall Out Boy or whoever, that will be a sad sad day indeed

I meant too old to be acting like they are. They should know better!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 am

According to www.classicrockmagazine.com Joe Perry has approached Paul Rodgers, Chris Cornell & Billy Idol to replace Steven Tyler.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 am

Oh please....................
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:31 am

Chrissy wrote:

Joe should just continue on with his Joe Perry Project while Steven gets off the stuff and learn patience. There is no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler WTF that is just ridiculous.

I'm going to see Yes with out Jon Anderson... It's very strange to me but I love Steve Howe so much that I'm going regardless. It's all good music in the end...But more like a tribute band when the Singer isn't present... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:38 am

Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Joe should just continue on with his Joe Perry Project while Steven gets off the stuff and learn patience. There is no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler WTF that is just ridiculous.

I'm going to see Yes with out Jon Anderson... It's very strange to me but I love Steve Howe so much that I'm going regardless. It's all good music in the end...But more like a tribute band when the Singer isn't present... Sleep

Agreed. Aerosmith without Tyler pretty much is 'The Joe Perry Project' anyway..isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:42 am

Razz RIGHT?!! jocolor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:50 am

Agreed! cheer
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:52 am

Looks like Mr Tyler hasn't been honest with his band mates for quite a while...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/official-steven-tyler-tried-out-for-led-zeppelin/

It’s true – Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler auditioned to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin.

It was early in the summer of 2008 that a rumour began circulating about Tyler trying out for Zeppelin – six months after the band’s reunion gig with Robert Plant on vocals at London’s O2 Arena.

…And it’s a rumour that Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry now confirms.

Perry tells Classic Rock:

“Steven disappeared and I called around. Somebody said that he was in London trying out for Led Zeppelin.

“It’s something I’ve never talked about before outside of the [Aerosmith] family, so to speak, and kept out of the press.

“It’s a kind of window into how hard it’s been to keep the partnership together.

“It’s certainly not the first time things like that have happened – that’s the downside of our relationship.”

The audition came about through Henry Smith, a childhood friend of Tyler’s who’d worked with Zeppelin.

In fact, Tyler invited Smith to accompany him to the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in 2007, where the pair sat at a table with Zep guitarist Jimmy Page.

From various reports it transpires that Tyler came to the Zeppelin rehearsals unprepared, and under the impression that he would be writing new material with the band.

This resulted in some shambolic sessions, some embarrassing, awkward moments – and the Plant-shaped lead singer post still vacant.

Perry caught up with Page at last November’s Classic Rock awards where the Zep six-stringer filled him in on what exactly happened during Tyler’s try-out.

Perry says: “Page said he felt really awkward about the audition, but ultimately it was a group decision.”

Tyler returned to the States believing that Aerosmith were oblivious to his Zep escapade, and things carried on as normal until the singer took his infamous tumble from the stage at an Aerosmith gig in Dakota.

It ultimately dawned on Perry that Tyler was working to a different agenda, leading to his decision to try and look for a new Aerosmith frontman.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:04 am

It is all really so sad.....I don't understand why they just don't all go their seperate wys and let Aerosmith go. They band will not be aerosmith without Steven and Joe can do well on his own...so let it be......
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Chrissy wrote:
It is all really so sad.....I don't understand why they just don't all go their seperate wys and let Aerosmith go. They band will not be aerosmith without Steven and Joe can do well on his own...so let it be......
Now that I agree with 100%...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:10 am

OK...wtf is going on in the Aerosmith camp!!!

They've been confirmed for Donnington (a major festival here in the UK) and have announced a headline date at London's 19,000 O2 Arena. Tyler, is he staying or going?

Has this all just been a publicity stunt? Drum up some interest in the band before announcing a major UK date? Get people going to the show as everyone will think it could be the last time to see the band? Could explain why the tickets are just stupid prices for a band whose fan base in the UK only really became substantial after Pump? How they can justify £95 for a ticket is beyond me.

Still, the top price tickets have sold out. Some people really do have more money than sence... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 am

OhhhOhh I know this one!!!!! I just heard a report that they are back together....they were able to come to an agreement....on Money!!!! Our radios here have been talking about.....So there you go no break up for now......
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:15 am

Chrissy wrote:
OhhhOhh I know this one!!!!! I just heard a report that they are back together....they were able to come to an agreement....on Money!!!! Our radios here have been talking about.....So there you go no break up for now......

They said last week in fact Steven Tyler is back in the band the are starting off their European tour. Who knows what triggered it. I guess its like any other marriage. Ups and Downs.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:59 am

Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

They said last week in fact Steven Tyler is back in the band the are starting off their European tour. Who knows what triggered it. I guess its like any other marriage. Ups and Downs.
So the stupid ticket prices are so Mr Tyler can take a bigger cut then?

Ok, how much money does someone need? It's not like he's short of a bob or two.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:05 pm

apparently he needs more......it seems few are grateful for their fans...Look at the mighty KISS...Show for our fans my behind.....More like a show to bost ticket sales....and if you love your fans so much quit charging so much for meet and greets....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:38 am

RFFB wrote:
Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

So the stupid ticket prices are so Mr Tyler can take a bigger cut then?

Ok, how much money does someone need? It's not like he's short of a bob or two.

Would you be meaning the £106 (inc Bk fee) tickets? I was thinking of taking Ruth to London to see the Aerosmith byt £106 x 2, Travel & hotel costs? Hell I'd rather go to Spain for a week!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 am

i want to go to Spain for a week!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:49 am

Chrissy wrote:
i want to go to Spain for a week!

Why not head to Mexico? Same language!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 am

I live in Southern California...There are more mexicans here than in Mexico....so no thank you!!!!!
same language...well its similar but I would so rather go to Spain.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?   Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith Looking For A New Singer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next