Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! Empty
PostSubject: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:48 am

Hey, kids. The bikes are back, and they are everywhere. Heard 'em running up and down the street 'till about 2:00 this morning, though, it doesn't help that I live on the Loop. The crowd hasn't even arrived, yet. Welcome to my world. http://www.biketoberfest.org/index.cfm

http://www.daytonachamber.com/bikeweek/ce/

http://depss.com/
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Is sounds like Sturgis Suspect Noisy!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Marty wrote:

Hey, Marty! Yes, though I haven't been there, I can say that it's probably like Sturgis times ten or twenty! This year's probably going to be a bit different, too. The owner of Daytona Harley -Davison ( the world's biggest H-D dealership, and the biggest customer at the business where Julie is GM), Bruce Rossmeyer, was killed as he passed a truck while attending the thing in Sturgis, a little while ago. O well, as long as they don't through a bunch of shit into the yard. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad burst into flames Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil That would force me to kick, shoot or burn half of a million asses. thums up
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:06 pm

It was really noisey here today, A tractor went through the village !! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Frethead wrote:
Marty wrote:

Hey, Marty! Yes, though I haven't been there, I can say that it's probably like Sturgis times ten or twenty! This year's probably going to be a bit different, too. The owner of Daytona Harley -Davison ( the world's biggest H-D dealership, and the biggest customer at the business where Julie is GM), Bruce Rossmeyer, was killed as he passed a truck while attending the thing in Sturgis, a little while ago. O well, as long as they don't through a bunch of shit into the yard. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad burst into flames Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil That would force me to kick, shoot or burn half of a million asses. thums up

I remember a few years back Indian Larry The motorcyle builder was doing tricks on his bike and fell and died at Sturgis also. I've never been there. Too wild and crazy for old Marty. The kid next door rides his mini bike up and down the street all afternoon. I don't know how you are putting up with the noise Fret Just this one minibike has me going bonkers.... :your are nuts: :dizzy: :head case: :mad as hell:
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Roger H wrote:
It was really noisey here today, A tractor went through the village !! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If thats it, sounds almost perfect!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Marty wrote:
Roger H wrote:

If thats it, sounds almost perfect!!!! Razz

Wadda ya mean ALMOST ???............................It IS Perfect !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:01 am

Marty wrote:
Frethead wrote:
Marty wrote:

I remember a few years back Indian Larry The motorcyle builder was doing tricks on his bike and fell and died at Sturgis also. I've never been there. Too wild and crazy for old Marty. The kid next door rides his mini bike up and down the street all afternoon. I don't know how you are putting up with the noise Fret Just this one minibike has me going bonkers.... :your are nuts: :dizzy: :head case: :mad as hell:

I remember the Indian Larry thing, too, oddly enough! Nor have I been to Montana, or wherever Sturgis is . . . South Dakota, maybe? Where's Montana, any fXXXin' way?! Or fXXXin' Dakota, for that matter! LLL I'll bet the kid next door is hoping to impress you, Marty! The noise? Aftuh duh cup, do ah dree dese, and you've heard millions of 'em, it's like listening to a softly lilting breeze as it passes. lol! When they run at the Speedway, you can't escape the sound unless you drive for an hour![quote="Marty"][quote="Frethead"]
Marty wrote:

My point concerning Rossmeyer's passing was that he essentially owned Daytona Bike Week, after single -handedly relocating "it" onto his property in the county. Get this . . . He had gotten into a "titty twister" with the Daytona Beach city council some years ago. And, to show them up, he bought a bunch of land out on I-95, and built a second huge dealership ( for which he intentionally reused the "Daytona H-D" name) with two or three hotels, condos, restaurants, a performance stage w/ lawn, gas station, space for numerous additional bike shops, and a mechanical school for motorcycle training.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:38 pm

R.I.P. Mr Rossmeyer. Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Talking of Bikes. We went along to Weymouth to watch the Beach Moto X yesterday. Along with a few thousand others we stood waiting for the racing to begin for 2 hours only to be told it had to be cancelled because not enough paramedics had turned up for the event to be allowed to start. What a waste of time !! not just for us and the huge crowd but also for the riders who had travelled from all over the counrty to be there.
Still the day was saved for us as we bumped into some old friends we haven't seen for ages and had a nice afternoon chatting and drinking. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:34 am

[quote="Roger H"]Talking of Bikes. We went along to Weymouth to watch the Beach Moto X yesterday. Along with a few thousand others we stood waiting for the racing to begin for 2 hours only to be told it had to be cancelled because not enough paramedics had turned up for the event to be allowed to start. What a waste of time !! not just for us and the huge crowd but also for the riders who had travelled from all over the counrty to be there.
Still the day was saved for us as we bumped into some old friends we haven't seen for ages and had a nice afternoon chatting and drinking. Very Happy[/quot

Cool for you and your old friends, Roger!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!   RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR  It's that time of year again! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RRRRrrrRRRRoooooaaaAAAAAARRRRR It's that time of year again!
Page 1 of 1