Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - Endgame

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:16 am

...Its here... well its been leaked and i've listened to it. I'm quite impressed actually. The production is good. Very tight and Mustaine seems to be playing better than ever before. Whether it will be a hit like United Abominations i don't know. We'll see I guess. Very Happy its all on youtube so have a listen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:01 am

Having listened to it a couple of times now, I can't see me buying this, the songs lack something, not sure what, but it lacks! scratch

Agreed Joe, the production is killer Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:42 am

Matty35 wrote:
Having listened to it a couple of times now, I can't see me buying this, the songs lack something, not sure what, but it lacks! scratch

Agreed Joe, the production is killer Wink

Actually being any good?
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:56 am

lol Pete.
I can see what Matty is saying. They somewhat follow a formula and there doesn't seem to be much... uhm... difference between each song. The whole verse, chorus, verse, massive shred solo, verse, end, basically. It depends what you are looking for out the album lol. I don't think it'll get much airtime though. It definitely isn't as good as United Abominations.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Ive played it again, its just "metal by numbers" for me! - nothing catchy about it No - boring chorus, no groove to the riffs, too much twiddly, twiddly from Broderick, bring back Marty!!!!!!

Ive said what I feel, but I won't diss Dave too much, he's recorded some killer tunes in the past :rockin out:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:30 am

Matty35 wrote:
Ive played it again, its just "metal by numbers" for me! - nothing catchy about it No - boring chorus, no groove to the riffs, too much twiddly, twiddly from Broderick, bring back Marty!!!!!!

Ive said what I feel, but I won't diss Dave too much, he's recorded some killer tunes in the past :rockin out:

So my inital statement of 'Being Good' stands then?
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:22 pm

OK, been listening to it again myself and I've grown on 44 Minutes and the opening Instrumental. Some of it I don't think is Megadeth at their best, but some of it is growing on me. It is definitely better than 'The World Needs a Hero'. I wouldn't class it in the same league as Rust in Peace or Peace Sells, but it has something at least. When you listen to 1,320 you'd think it had just been taken from Killing is my Business.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:53 pm

It aint doin "jack" for me,... but after buying Lamb Of God's "Wrath" album this was always gonna come a poor second cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Megadeth - Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Endgame   Megadeth - Endgame I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - Endgame
Page 1 of 1