Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good reading going on out there

Go down 
+5
Rev
Frethead
Marty
RFFB
chuck1223
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I certainly will keep buying books but the tablet will be great for holiday reading. Also it's good for work. Light in my rucksack, handy for breaktime reading.
Oh don't get me wrong. Like my iPod I can see the benefits. I just don't like how 'they' try and coerce people into something they may not wish to do/buy.

It's like cinema's showing a film in 3D only....Mad 
agreed! My ipad makes my life so much easier with work and travel. Funny how there is still nothing better than sitting down with a brand new hard cover book. Im really sad to think that real books are going to be rare someday.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I certainly will keep buying books but the tablet will be great for holiday reading. Also it's good for work. Light in my rucksack, handy for breaktime reading.
Oh don't get me wrong. Like my iPod I can see the benefits. I just don't like how 'they' try and coerce people into something they may not wish to do/buy.

It's like cinema's showing a film in 3D only....Mad 
agreed! My ipad makes my life so much easier with work and travel.  Funny how there is still nothing better than sitting down with a brand new hard cover book.  Im really sad to think that real books are going to be rare someday.

At least the trees will be safe...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:46 am

On the final part of The Strain trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. A Vampire saga with a difference. Very brutal and a shocking image of a world under a nuclear winter. Far better than all the recent RomVamp crap that is stinking up the literary world.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 am

Going to start reading Doctor Sleep. Really hope it's been worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:56 am

Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 Kisslogo- Nothin to Lose:

Very interesting and all four members are quite respectful toward each other(shame this isn't repeated in life).

However it does tend to go into detail on some very minor things. I get that the Coventry/Hotel Diplomat was a shit hole. No need to repeat every other page!

I am also guessing that a lot of it is comprised of archive material & interviews as several of the main players are sadly no longer with us.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:35 am

Finished Doctor Sleep and Mr. King is still in his fine form of late, I'm glad to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good reading going on out there
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8