Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could do without?

Go down 
+3
Matty35
'Scope
Chrissy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

If you could do without? Empty
PostSubject: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 am

Hi guys here is question to ponder...I heard a song on the radio and the opening guitar was just perfect and I wondered hey why didn't I ever like these guys until I heard the singer open his mouth!!!!

so here is the question....name a band member that should just go away.....What band memeber stops you from liking a very good band.....

Mine: Stryper
The opening guitar on To hell with the devil is so good and Oz Foz in my opinion is very good!!!!But the minute Michael Sweet opens his mouth I want to hit him with a brick.....Yes I know its his band and yes I know he plays quitar but give the boy some duck tape...Yuck!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:13 am

Oz Fox just played Green valley Ranch in Vegas last week.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:38 am

Ive always had this problem with the Scorpions!... brilliant band, great songs, just can't stand Clause Meine's vocals Evil or Very Mad
His accent is just too silly for me to take the band seriously Rolling Eyes Which is a real shame from my point of view! Neutral

Good question Chrissy thums up
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:47 am

Matty35 wrote:
Ive always had this problem with the Scorpions!... brilliant band, great songs, just can't stand Clause Meine's vocals Evil or Very Mad
His accent is just too silly for me to take the band seriously Rolling Eyes Which is a real shame from my point of view! Neutral

Upscope knows what you mean about Meine's voice Matty. But, after all those years of listening to the Scorps his voice is synonymous w/ their sound.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:54 am

'Scope wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Upscope knows what you mean about Meine's voice Matty. But, after all those years of listening to the Scorps his voice is synonymous w/ their sound.

'Scope

"Blackout" is probably my fave by them, but I still find myself turning the CD off half way through Rolling Eyes

Come to think of it, im not too keen on Geddy Lee's (Rush) vocals anymore either........ i'll do it
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:43 am

ok come on you guys have to have at least one or 10 answers for this question!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:48 am

Chrissy wrote:
ok come on you guys have to have at least one or 10 answers for this question!!!!

I Love everything!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:55 am

TOMMY THAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!
(just kidding...or am I!!!)
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:04 am

RFFB wrote:

lol!

Who's gonna play lead guitar on the new record then?

More importantly who's gonna make the tea & coffee?

Last edited by Pete on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:24 am

I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:03 am

Chrissy wrote:
Hi guys here is question to ponder...I heard a song on the radio and the opening guitar was just perfect and I wondered hey why didn't I ever like these guys until I heard the singer open his mouth!!!!

so here is the question....name a band member that should just go away.....What band memeber stops you from liking a very good band.....

Mine: Stryper
The opening guitar on To hell with the devil is so good and Oz Foz in my opinion is very good!!!!But the minute Michael Sweet opens his mouth I want to hit him with a brick.....Yes I know its his band and yes I know he plays quitar but give the boy some duck tape...Yuck!!!!!!

You could use this too... http://www.duct-tape.com/#CAUTION_TAPE . Would be quite appropriate for Stryper... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

lol!

Who's gonna play lead guitar on the new record then?

More importantly who's gonna make the tea & coffee?
I wonder if he still has the urge to bring pasta to the band after the gigs as he used to!!!!... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Great thread, and I can name a couple of bands that fit nicely! Children of Bodom are at the top of my list, great guitarists, great musicians, but one of the guitarists (Laiho) feels it is necessary for him to sing, and perfectly good sounding songs get ruined by his horrid screaming vocals! It doesn't even fit their style very well, being as they actually play very catchy almost pop riffs at times (Angels Dont Kill)!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:04 am

Chrissy wrote:

Actually, Bon Jovi would be a MUCH better band if Richie was in charge of lead vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could do without?   If you could do without? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could do without?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Classic & Old School-
Jump to: