Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:27 am

RFFB wrote:
Batman - The Dark Knight

After careful consideration and after seeing Christian Bale in various movies I have come to the conclusion that he really is very very shit actor.

Really?!! Wow. (Hmm, I guess that's up to you.) I've thought that he's easily one of the best around these days - after Robert Downey, jr. for the serious engagement called acting ( across the table), but waaay up there. Coincidentally, there aren't but two or three that keep my attention, two of which I've named, and Robert DeNiro might not count.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 am

The Mothman Prophecies. Hadn't seen this before and it kept me quite entertained. But I must stop watching these types of movies on my own !! scared1
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 am

Roger H wrote:
The Mothman Prophecies. Hadn't seen this before and it kept me quite entertained. But I must stop watching these types of movies on my own !! scared1

Is that the one set in the woods about the wierd tree type people with glowing eyes???
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Is that the one set in the woods about the wierd tree type people with glowing eyes???

No, no. That was based on the actual occurence of a bridge collapse on Christmas day and the subsequent citizens' reports of a "guardian angel" in a small West Virginia town on the Ohio river, wherein Richard Gere and Laura Linney star in a tale of unravelling the mysterious appearances. Really neat movie.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 am

Frethead wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

No, no. That was based on the actual occurence of a bridge collapse on Christmas day and the subsequent citizens' reports of a "guardian angel" in a small West Virginia town on the Ohio river, wherein Richard Gere and Laura Linney star in a tale of unravelling the mysterious appearances. Really neat movie.

Yes, that's the one. I thought it was quite good, which means Pete will hate it !!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:47 am

Frethead wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Batman - The Dark Knight

After careful consideration and after seeing Christian Bale in various movies I have come to the conclusion that he really is very very shit actor.

Really?!! Wow. (Hmm, I guess that's up to you.) I've thought that he's easily one of the best around these days - after Robert Downey, jr. for the serious engagement called acting ( across the table), but waaay up there. Coincidentally, there aren't but two or three that keep my attention, two of which I've named, and Robert DeNiro might not count.

I'd like to add Will Patton to that list, as I wasn't able to recall his name yesterday. Granted, he's one of those "eye" actors, but he's really good with it.

Last edited by Frethead on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:48 am

Roger H wrote:
Frethead wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Yes, that's the one. I thought it was quite good, which means Pete will hate it !!! Laughing Laughing

Never seen it. Have no intention to see it either! I don't like scary films...they err...scare me! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:52 am

It's more of a Psychological thriller than an out and out Poo enducer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 am

Roger H wrote:
It's more of a Psychological thriller than an out and out Poo enducer. Very Happy
Even worse, my psyche's screwed as it is!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 am

Roger H wrote:

Yeah, Pete,. It's not so much scary as it is plain good story telling. It winds through the small town mentality of the citizens, the excitement and fear associated with the sightings - the "talk about town," not to mention a little sexual tension between Gere and Linney ( excuse me . . . YUUUUMMMMMY, YUMMY, YUM, YUM , YUM!) I WANT SEXUAL HEALING! Well, that as a while ago, and we've all aged a bit, but, poor man - she is so fXXXin' HOT in that movie!!! And, wraps it all up in a very well organized ending. The shots of the bridge and the surrounding country pretty well finish me off. LOL
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:29 am

Frethead wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Yeah, Pete,. It's not so much scary as it is plain good story telling. It winds through the small town mentality of the citizens, the excitement and fear associated with the sightings - the "talk about town," not to mention a little sexual tension between Gere and Linney ( excuse me . . . YUUUUMMMMMY, YUMMY, YUM, YUM , YUM!) I WANT SEXUAL HEALING! Well, that as a while ago, and we've all aged a bit, but, poor man - she is so fXXXin' HOT in that movie!!! And, wraps it all up in a very well organized ending. The shots of the bridge and the surrounding country pretty well finish me off. LOL

As in Laura Linney?

Hmmm....might ahve to watch this now...she's luvverly... :drooling:
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:37 am

Yes, Laura Linney. I have no idea what happened to her first name, there! I distinctly remember typing it before her last name. That's weird.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 am

Frethead wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Ahh, that's what happened to the names!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Pete wrote:
Frethead wrote:
Roger H wrote:

As in Laura Linney?

Hmmm....might ahve to watch this now...she's luvverly... :drooling:

Also has Grace from "Will and Grace" in it......................Debra Messing ?? scratch If you like that sort.
Oh, and the geeky, specky bloke who's married to the gingeminge in Sex and the City (don't know his name, you can tell I'm a big fan !! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:21 am

Laura Linney will do me fine thank you!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Death Defying Acts. Katherine Zeta Jones and Guy Pearce in a gentle little tale of a visit to Edinburgh by Harry Houdini. Zeta jones plays a claivoyant who tries to win $10,000 by proving she can communicate with his dead mother. Not too bad, bordering on the chickflicky side but it kept me amused. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:54 am

Roger H wrote:
Death Defying Acts. Katherine Zeta Jones and Guy Pearce in a gentle little tale of a visit to Edinburgh by Harry Houdini. Zeta jones plays a clairvoyant who tries to win $10,000 by proving she can communicate with his dead mother. Not too bad, bordering on the chickflicky side but it kept me amused. Very Happy

Bet you didn't see that one coming... Wink
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 pm

She could keep my attention if she was sleeping
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 am

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:49 am

Nothing as the DVD recorder is f**ked! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
exact33

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:13 am

I am working my way through Season 3 of Stargate: Atlantis and Season 2 of the X Files..

Alex
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 pm

HEART---------------Alive In Seattle.
URIAH HEEP---------------The Magician's Birthday.
TWISTED SISTER--------------Live at the Astoria.

All very different but all BRILLIANT !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Whoopsie!

Last edited by Frethead on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:41 pm

Roger H wrote:
HEART---------------Alive In Seattle.
URIAH HEEP---------------The Magician's Birthday.

All very different but all BRILLIANT !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cool! I saw Uriah Heep at the second show I ever attended. They, along with April Wine, opened for Iron Maiden at the Kiel Operahouse in St. Louis; must have been the winter of '82.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 am

Roger H wrote:

Did you see me in the inlay book?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 7 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 36  Next