Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

GODSMACK Working On 'Really Heavy' New Album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: GODSMACK Working On ''Really Heavy'' New Album   Sun May 24, 2009 3:10 am

GODSMACK has begun work on the material for the band's follow-up to 2006's "IV" which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Artisan News Service caught up with GODSMACK frontman Sully Erna to get his thoughts on the direction the new album is taking.

"It's gonna be really heavy," he said. "I mean, it's very aggressive. I'm not really sure; it's very premature right now. Right now we just finished one track for the Crüe Fest this Summer. But as far as the whole record goes, I think it's going to be a lot more in your face. I don't think there's going to be any 'Voodoo's or 'Serenity's on this one. We decided to go balls out!"

Watch video footage of Erna talking about the next GODSMACK record at this location.

GODSMACK is part of the lineup for MÖTLEY CRÜE's Crüe Fest 2 tour, which will also include THEORY OF A DEADMAN, DROWNING POOL, and new act CHARM CITY DEVILS.

In late 2007, the band released a greatest hits collection called "Good Times, Bad Times - Ten Years of Godsmack" and announced that it was going on hiatus. Erna worked on his solo album during this period, while the other three members of the group started a side project called ANOTHER ANIMAL.

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: GODSMACK Working On 'Really Heavy' New Album   Sun May 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Very cool. Their guitarist, Tony Rombola, is a big-time McNaught guitar player, and from what they tell me, he's a really cool guy. I look forward to what they've got up their sleeves on this one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: GODSMACK Working On 'Really Heavy' New Album   Sun May 24, 2009 10:20 pm

this should be good! thums up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GODSMACK Working On 'Really Heavy' New Album   

Back to top Go down

GODSMACK Working On 'Really Heavy' New Album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1