Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest Influence

Go down 
+2
kokeakola
Matty35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:31 pm

What Band, Musician, or Album was the biggest influence on you?

Some of you have touched on this already, but i thought we would delve a bit deeper..

For me,... AC/DC - If you want blood, youv'e got it - I bought this album when i was 10 years old..I played this bugger to death & its still my favourie live album to date, it also boasts the best versions of Whole Lotta Rosie, The Jack, Bad Boy Boogie, & Let There Be Rock ive ever heard..

This album started my hunger for Hard Rock music..

What about you guys?

cheers

Matty.. rock on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Motley Crue is my biggest influence. Kiss in their heyday, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent...bands like that from the 70's played their parts for sure, but I was too young to really be serious about playing. Enter Def Leppard with "Pyromania", and now I'm like 11 or 12 and a change had begun. When I first heard Motley Crue later, that was it! I was a rock n' roll punk ever after! Ratt must be mentioned as a HUGE influence as well. rock band
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:50 am

Matty35 wrote:
What Band, Musician, or Album was the biggest influence on you?

Some of you have touched on this already, but i thought we would delve a bit deeper..

For me,... AC/DC - If you want blood, youv'e got it - I bought this album when i was 10 years old..I played this bugger to death & its still my favourie live album to date, it also boasts the best versions of Whole Lotta Rosie, The Jack, Bad Boy Boogie, & Let There Be Rock ive ever heard..

This album started my hunger for Hard Rock music..

What about you guys?

cheers

Matty.. rock on

These guys....
Biggest Influence Alive2
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:02 pm

For Upscope his earliest influence was Van Halen & then Def Leppard this was around 1983. But once Ratt's 'Out Of The Cellar' was discovered it was all over with. They were & still are the biggest influence on Upscope's luv of music.

Motley Crue 'Shout At The Devil' era. Twisted Sister 'Stay Hungry' era. And Dokken ' Tooth & Nail' era were big influences as well but not nearly on the level of Ratt. Basically 1984 was a big influence on Upscope!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Pete wrote:

Biggest Influence Alive2

That's a RAD pic btw....

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Nice Kiss Pic indeed!! rok on

Early influences (I'm talking early) were Buddy Rich (usually on Johnny Carson)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwJAAlXomVk

Check out Buddy Rich ...chewin out his band... wow thums up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCF9wgMU7es

On Guitar... the earliest influences besides my parents were these two guy's

Chet Atkins and Les Paul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGsHTlKmWk&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:12 pm

Marty wrote:

Thats really cool & different Marty! I got an open mind, just that Metal is my first love!! thums up
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:20 am

The very first rock album I ever heard was the mighty Sabbaths 'Paranoid' around '73. Apparently I hated it! I heard it again about 6 months later and loved it! So started my decline into RnR!!

My older brothers were into Purple, Zepp, U Heep, Sabbath, Queen so that was my formative introduction to rock. Sabbath were my first love and I still hold the work with Ozzy as some of the finest ever...but it all changed when I heard KISS 'Cold Gin' from 'ALIVE!'. Made me go buy the album and that was IT!!!! And when I next heard 'DESTROYER' I knew that while Sabbath may have been my first love, I'd found my life long partner in KISS!!!!!

To this day I still think that 'Destroyer' is the finest album EVER! Bar none. Not even the inclusion of the terrible 'Beth' can dampen my love of this album! All the other toons are just so awesome they more than make up for it.

ALIVE! set the foundations but Destroyer cemented it!! Major influence on me but musically and in my actual life.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 am

RFFB wrote:
The very first rock album I ever heard was the mighty Sabbaths 'Paranoid' around '73. Apparently I hated it! I heard it again about 6 months later and loved it! So started my decline into RnR!!

My older brothers were into Purple, Zepp, U Heep, Sabbath, Queen so that was my formative introduction to rock. Sabbath were my first love and I still hold the work with Ozzy as some of the finest ever...but it all changed when I heard KISS 'Cold Gin' from 'ALIVE!'. Made me go buy the album and that was IT!!!! And when I next heard 'DESTROYER' I knew that while Sabbath may have been my first love, I'd found my life long partner in KISS!!!!!

To this day I still think that 'Destroyer' is the finest album EVER! Bar none. Not even the inclusion of the terrible 'Beth' can dampen my love of this album! All the other toons are just so awesome they more than make up for it.

ALIVE! set the foundations but Destroyer cemented it!! Major influence on me but musically and in my actual life.

Yep, Destroyer was my first Kiss Album....."Detroit Rock City".....Ahhhhh, what a tune man not worthy2
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 am

Matty35 wrote:

Yep, Destroyer was my first Kiss Album....."Detroit Rock City".....Ahhhhh, what a tune man not worthy2
I actually had tears in my eyes when I first heard them play 'Do You Love Me' on the Reunion tour in the USA. A dream come true. Never thought I'd get to hear that song live...let alone played by the original 4 and in the USA to boot!!!

It ain't often you get 3 of your lifes ambitions in one go!!! Or maybe I just need higher ambitions!!!... lol!

And yeah 'Detroit RC' is an ALL TIME CLASSIC!!! Any band would be proud to have such a great song in their catalog!... Cool

Last edited by RFFB on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 am

RFFB wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I actually had tears in my eyes when I first heard them play 'Do You Love Me' on the Reunion tour in the USA. A dream come true. Never thought I'd get to hear that song live...let alone played by the original 4 and in the USA to boot!!!

It ain't often you get 3 of your lifes ambitions in one go!!! Or maybe I just need higher ambitions!!!... lol!

As strange as this sounds - I saw Kiss on the reunion tour back in 96 at the Birmingham NEC, although i enjoyed the shit out of it at the time, the whole experience means more to me now!...I guess its because im losing me youth!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:45 am

Matty35 wrote:

As strange as this sounds - I saw Kiss on the reunion tour back in 96 at the Birmingham NEC, although i enjoyed the shit out of it at the time, the whole experience means more to me now!...I guess its because im losing me youth!! Laughing
I know what you mean! There are gigs that while, at the time you may have loved, in the passing of time you kinda realise it wasn't just a great gig but something pretty monumental! One for me was seeing Van Halen supporting Sabbath in '78. They destroyed Sabbath but only a few years later, and with the firing of Ozzy did I come to see it was part of RnR history...and I was there!!!...

Last edited by RFFB on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 am

"One for me was seeing Van Halen supporting Sabbath in '78"

That's it...I dont like you anymore! burst into flames not worthy2 wow Laughing Wink

Bet that gig rocked like fuck!!!! rock band
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 am

Matty35 wrote:
"One for me was seeing Van Halen supporting Sabbath in '78"

That's it...I dont like you anymore! burst into flames not worthy2 wow Laughing Wink

Bet that gig rocked like fuck!!!! rock band
VH were simply fantastic! They came on like headliners and by the time they'd finished only about 30 minutes later they had the Sabbath audience on their feet and the City Hall (Newcastle) was actually pretty full for a support band for once. I already owned the VH album and to hear EVH play like he did on the album was just incredible! I thought, even at that young age, it must have be studio tricks...and it wasn't! I bet those who stayed in the bar claimed to have seen VH these days tho! Sabbath were going through the motions. Caught them the previous year on the 'Technical Ecstasy' tour and it was saddening the difference a year had made. Only saw these 2 Sabb shows with Ozzy but amazing memories.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:50 pm

Well getting an opportunity to see an Ozzy led Sabbath is history enough but to throw in pre-legandary status Van Halen on the same bill & you got yourself some INCREDIBLE memories my friend!!

cheers

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Matty35 wrote:
Marty wrote:

Thats really cool & different Marty! I got an open mind, just that Metal is my first love!! thums up

Metal is my first love too Matty, I was thinking early music influences for some reason but Metal wise it would be the usual.

Sabbath, Metallica,Pantera,Megadeth,Priest, Maiden & Slaaaaaaaayer cheer
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:24 pm

'Scope wrote:
Well getting an opportunity to see an Ozzy led Sabbath is history enough but to throw in pre-legandary status Van Halen on the same bill & you got yourself some INCREDIBLE memories my friend!! cheers

'Scope
You speak the truth Mr 'Scope. Sometimes being an old bugger does have some advantages!!!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:55 pm

RFFB wrote:
Sometimes being an old bugger does have some advantages!!!

Uhhhh....Not really Sad

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 pm

'Scope wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Sometimes being an old bugger does have some advantages!!!

Uhhhh....Not really Sad

'Scope
lol!
Just think of all the good times you'd have missed if you were a wee whipper snapper!

No-one is gonna say, in 10-15 years time , 'wow, you saw Fall Out Boy!'... kill and just to make sure... kill ... Laughing

But they will when you say you saw VH and the like!!!... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biggest Influence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Influence   Biggest Influence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Influence
Page 1 of 1