Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write Empty
PostSubject: AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write   AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:59 pm

The New Zealand Herald recently spoke with AC/DC and their producer, Brendan O'Brien. Excerpts from the interview follow below.

On working with O'Brien, who thought the band's last two CDs were more blues-based:

Angus Young (guitar): "So he was trying to recapture more of that rock sound, like the 'Highway to Hell' — he said he even liked the 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap' time.

"It has to sound like AC/DC. You want them [fans] to hear that and go, 'That's AC/DC.' ... But you also want them to hear it and go, 'But it's AC/DC playing something new.' That for us is always the challenge. You hope that your songwriting, the way that you're doing it is getting better."

Brendan O' Brien: "They do something very unique in (that) they have a way in presenting very aggressive music but almost in a kind of catchy, hokey way, and I just felt like my favorite music that they've done has been that kind of music. My thinking was, 'If I can just help people when they hear it remember how great this band is, then that's a service to them."'

On never receiving much critical acclaim:

Brian Johnson (vocals): "The critics have always been a little flippant with AC/DC about Angus and the school suit, and it's always easy to have a quick little joke or a dig at the expense of it, the easy riffs, and such and such, and they're all dead wrong. The easiest riffs in the world are the hardest ones to write, because they are very few.

"'Highway to Hell' is easy, but you ask a guitarist, it's not that easy. Nobody can write them because easy things are very difficult to write ... and to put them together in different computations and to come up with something fresh and different. It's genius, but the critics never figure that out."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Rock

Rock

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write   AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 pm

So right, I know as a guitarist and songwriter the simplest stuff is the hardest. I have done a bit of everything, but to come up with a simple riff and melody isnt as easy as it seems, otherwise we would all do it and make millions. Razz

Hey all long time no see, been away here and there, been quite busy, hope your all well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write   AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Rock wrote:
So right, I know as a guitarist and songwriter the simplest stuff is the hardest. I have done a bit of everything, but to come up with a simple riff and melody isnt as easy as it seems, otherwise we would all do it and make millions. Razz

Hey all long time no see, been away here and there, been quite busy, hope your all well. Smile

Hey Paul,

Bloody hell mate!!!!thought we'd lost ya there! No

Good to see you back mate, the gang have been asking about you thums up

Matty rok on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write   AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 am

Matty35 wrote:
Rock wrote:

Hey Paul,

Bloody hell mate!!!!thought we'd lost ya there! No

Good to see you back mate, the gang have been asking about you thums up

Matty rok on

Perhaps Rock's been in a hard place...? (I'll get me coat!)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write   AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:53 am

Rock wrote:

Welcome back..It was nice to see your still around....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write   AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Frontman Says "Easy Things Are Very Difficult To Write
Page 1 of 1