Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted Sister or Kiss?

Go down 
+7
Marty
buffy
Chrissy
Roger. H
STLKINGV
Matty35
Pete
11 posters

Twisted Sister or Kiss?
Kiss
Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_vote_lcap70%Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Twisted Sister
Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_vote_lcap30%Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Twisted Sister or Kiss? Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 am

JJ French has apparently made some disparaging comments about Gene Simmons and Kiss on a US tv show.

Now I haven't seen this interview so I don't know what has been said, but as a fan of both of these bands it hurts me to think that JJ feels the need to say these things, true or not.

Ignoring the fact that in some peoples eyes it's $cab Ki$$, which band would you side with? Kiss or TS?

I love both bands but I'm always gonna vote for Kiss as they got me started on this crazy train (ride0!!!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:06 am

Good one Pete...I like these who's your favourite Polls!!

I have total respect for Dee & the boys.."I Wanna Rock" is right up there with the best of them!

But my vote has gone to Kiss & for many reasons..

To have witnessed Kiss live around the Love Gun era would have made my decade (wishful thinking).. clap

Gene Simmons used to scare to shit out of me as a boy (but i loved it), especially the spitting blood thing.. opps

Paul Stanley is one of the best front men ever. Him & David Lee Roth are head & shoulders above the rest (imagine both of them in the same band.. bouncy boy3 )

Eric Carr, simply tremendous.. not worthy2

Twisted sister didn't write "Detroit Rock City"... Wink rock band

cheers

Matty.. rock on

Last edited by Matty35 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
STLKINGV

STLKINGV

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:07 am

Hey Pete!

I first saw Kiss in 1978 when I was 11 affraid ...... I haven't been the same since. thums up I got into TS in 1985 and saw them open for Iron Maiden on the Powerslave Tour. rock on I dig both bands.

Kiss a little more.

A~
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:14 am

I just think it's sad that JJ feels the need to air his views like this. If he has an issue with Kiss fair do's. No need to air it in public, as much as I love TS I love Kiss more and I'll always vote Kiss.

If you head over the TS.com and check the slamboard there's (obviously) a very pro TS stand (and the inital poster is a bit of a dick TBH) and I feel a little uncomfortable reading this when I love both bands and would count them as the best live actsI've ever seen...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:33 am

Bit of a daft question for me really, KISS every time, as you would probably have guessed.
But like yourself Pete I love both bands. The recent "Live at the Astoria" CD/DVD by Sister is AWESOME !
Didn't JJ apply for the KISS gig but was over looked for Ace ? or is my memory playing tricks?, so maybe he's still a little bitter. But then I have come to ignore derogatory comments about KISS, after being a fan for 35+ years I've grown a very thick skin ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:56 am

Roger H wrote:
Bit of a daft question for me really, KISS every time, as you would probably have guessed.
But like yourself Pete I love both bands. The recent "Live at the Astoria" CD/DVD by Sister is AWESOME !
Didn't JJ apply for the KISS gig but was over looked for Ace ? or is my memory playing tricks?, so maybe he's still a little bitter. But then I have come to ignore derogatory comments about KISS, after being a fan for 35+ years I've grown a very thick skin ! Very Happy

If JJ is still bitter about applying for Kiss/Wicked Lester then 35 years later he should really Let It Go... Wink

I know one of his regrets is that TS have never headlined MSG so maybe that's part of his rage?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 am

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1600379/322559/That_Metal_Show_Episode_3_Twisted_Sister/That_Metal_Show_Episode_3_Twisted_Sister_Part_3/index.jhtml

O.K. boys I think this is the show you are talking about. Its part three and the other two they only mention Kiss in passing. I think if you take what he says in context its a pretty valid opinion. Great show, I watch it alot and I love listening to Dee talk. I like the fact the fact that other than talking about Kiss's disco days, they never dissed the band or the music just the merchandising greed of Gene Simmons.

Me personally I like a lot about Kiss but Twisted Sister has always stayed true to themselves and I admire that.
I go with them.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 am

Chrissy wrote:
http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1600379/322559/That_Metal_Show_Episode_3_Twisted_Sister/That_Metal_Show_Episode_3_Twisted_Sister_Part_3/index.jhtml

O.K. boys I think this is the show you are talking about. Its part three and the other two they only mention Kiss in passing. I think if you take what he says in context its a pretty valid opinion. Great show, I watch it alot and I love listening to Dee talk. I like the fact the fact that other than talking about Kiss's disco days, they never dissed the band or the music just the merchandising greed of Gene Simmons.

Me personally I like a lot about Kiss but Twisted Sister has always stayed true to themselves and I admire that.
I go with them.

That's it! I think all Kiss fans agree about Gene and the over merchandising of the Kiss brand and I agree, Dee Snider is one of the most eloquent speakers I've ever heard.
USe to love listening to the 'Dee Speaks' section on his website. Just a shame that JJ feels the need to air his grievances in public as both bands are cool as...
Back to top Go down
buffy

buffy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:40 am

And the Irish vote goes to ........KISS
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 am

Chrissy wrote:

I go with them.

Thanks for sharing Chrissy..I missed that episode.

When I hear my friends talk about Their first Kiss concert in the late 70's I am reminded of how I miss out!! Evil or Very Mad

If I had to choose... I would have to say Kiss because of all the people they influenced to become musicians!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 am

Let Upscope be the outsider then. (Wouldn't be the first time)

TWISTED FUCKING SISTER!!!!

Kiss went from cool to bubblegum to sugarless bubblegum to kinda cool again to what the fugg is going on with these people.

In the meantime:

Twisted Sister went from Rockin' out to Rockin' out to Rockin' out even harder to still Rockin' the fugg out!!!! (Except for that Christmas album)

When they tried to turn Twisted into bubblegum Twisted said 'ohh no this aint' us were done w/ it' & went right back to themselves.

Sorry peeps. Upscope realizes that there are many Kiss nut swingers here but their constant on again off again.....re-union this re-union that.....Member switch 1 member switch 100.....make-UP no make-UP became a turn off to Upscope quite some time ago.

Upscope is an SMF all the way!!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 pm

that's why we love you!
thums up
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Twisted Sister or Kiss? 436227peh2tec0ns

'Scope
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm

My vote went for Twisted Sister. Strictly on a present- day basis.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:36 am

kokeakola wrote:

And on an overall basis????
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 am

Pete wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

Kiss on an overall basis, because back in their heyday they made a HUGE impression on me and the music world in general. clown (That's the closest I could get to Kiss make-up) lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:43 am

kokeakola wrote:
Pete wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

Kiss on an overall basis, because back in their heyday they made a HUGE impression on me and the music world in general. clown (That's the closest I could get to Kiss make-up) lol!

Cool
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Don't you just love questions that require no thought!

KISS all the way! Loved TS when they started out but kinda lost interest after 'Stay Hungry'. Don't think I've heard any of their stuff since. Am I missing out?

But as far as I'm concerned KISS from the start until 1983 were simply the best band out there and no-one and nothing has ever come close. Kind of lost their way album wise for a while but live they were still the BEST.

I remember meeting TS during the 'YCSRnR' tour and JJ French claiming to have been a member of KISS and playing with them before Ace joined...hmmm! Shocked
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:43 am

You just have to respect Kiss for what they did in the beginning. They really helped put rock/metal on the map with a few other bands. You can't deny the stage show/presence that they had and to go along with that were great tunes in the 70's. I do like the 80's stuff too, cause I was into that music then and got to see them live 2x. I also really like TS stuff too, but they also have had some questionable tunes, like the Grease cover and some of the Xmas tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister or Kiss?   Twisted Sister or Kiss? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Sister or Kiss?
Page 1 of 1