Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards

Go down 
+6
Roger. H
RFFB
Frethead
Pete
'Scope
Matty35
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:34 am

[quote="Frethead"]
Chrissy wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Hey Chrissy! Nice boots she's wearing...do you reckon she's a good girl or a bad girl!!!!...('high heels!')... Wink

Remember its the where that determines her goodness!!!!!!

To paraphrase, she sucks, thus having been stated; it would be the band supporting her that determines her goodness, in association with the object of our discussion. jocolor

Or Def Leppard and Country Music should never mix..
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:11 am

Points for an absolute, there, Pete! Actually, I'm more interested in where Steamin' Steve Clark's interests lie in all of this, you know? Seeing as how Steve is credited with being the originator of the band, the central figure in the band's development ( until, ofcourse, the record company insisted on John Lange taking over the {studio} decision -making and songwriting duties) , a.k.a. the heart and soul of Def Leppard, and Steve's biggest influence was Jimmy Page. Steve's musical vision was obviously based on the melodic, English version of the Blues based, folksity, "rickity rocking and rolling" sound of Led Zeppelin, and some other bands, as earlier mentioned. And, comes along Robert Plant, the singer of Led Zep of all people, who sticks it out there before anyone else!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:21 am

Frethead wrote:
Points for an absolute, there, Pete! Actually, I'm more interested in where Steamin' Steve Clark's interests lie in all of this, you know? Seeing as how Steve is credited with being the originator of the band, the central figure in the band's development ( until, ofcourse, the record company insisted on John Lange taking over the {studio} decision -making and songwriting duties) , a.k.a. the heart and soul of Def Leppard, and Steve's biggest influence was Jimmy Page. Steve's musical vision was obviously based on the melodic, English version of the Blues based, folksity, "rickity rocking and rolling" sound of Led Zeppelin, and some other bands, as earlier mentioned. And, comes along Robert Plant, the singer of Led Zep of all people, who sticks it out there before anyone else!!!

As stated previously, he's spinning in his grave!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:33 am

I know. I just wanted to ramble -on and try to make a point that I wasn't able to get out. That being how my allegiance to Def Leppard has not wained mostly for their ability to succeed consistently after having given "Mutt" the Fun While It Lasted and We Don't Need You Any More Pat on the Back, lost the core of the band, and struggled through the toughest times along with a brother and horribly injured drummer.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:35 am

Errr, and they FXXXing ROCK!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:41 am

Frethead wrote:

Yes they do. However Def Leppard should stop this fascination with Country Music...now!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:01 am

Spoken like a troubador. I salute you, my friend!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:13 am

The only reason that song became a mainstream hit was because of the TV show CROSSROADS. Featured on the Country Channel CMT. Same thing happened when Bon Jovi collaberated with Sugarland and Robert Plant with Alison Krauss. Rolling Eyes WEAK!!!!!!!!!!

I happen to like country music. But in small doses and by actual country artists. smokin
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Pete wrote:
Frethead wrote:

Yes they do. However Def Leppard should stop this fascination with Country Music...now!

In fact all rock bands should stop this fascination with Country music.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Pete wrote:

What, even Priest !!!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:18 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yes! Even Priest!! (not that I can see what you have posted!)
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:09 am

Roger H wrote:
Pete wrote:

WTF??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards   Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard nominated for 3 country music awards
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2