Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam

Go down 
+2
Pete
Matty35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam Empty
PostSubject: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 am

Police in Britain have launched an investigation after hundreds of AC/DC fans fell victim to a ticket scam which saw them turned away from a concert in Birmingham, England.

Hundreds of people were unable to access the rockers' gig at the LG arena on Friday night, with many arriving to collect their tickets from the box office only to be informed they had been scammed by counterfeiters.

Fans holding legitimate tickets were also caught up in the chaos as massive queues formed outside the venue - meaning many missed the start of the show by over an hour.

Police arrested two men at the scene on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud. An investigation into the internet arm of the deception is ongoing.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:22 am

Matty35 wrote:
Police in Britain have launched an investigation after hundreds of AC/DC fans fell victim to a ticket scam which saw them turned away from a concert in Birmingham, England.

Hundreds of people were unable to access the rockers' gig at the LG arena on Friday night, with many arriving to collect their tickets from the box office only to be informed they had been scammed by counterfeiters.

Fans holding legitimate tickets were also caught up in the chaos as massive queues formed outside the venue - meaning many missed the start of the show by over an hour.

Police arrested two men at the scene on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud. An investigation into the internet arm of the deception is ongoing.

Can't say I'm surprised at this all. Feel for the fans though.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:46 am

As good a reason as I've heard to go back to buying your tickets from the VENUE only & getting rid of all these scum ticket agencies who simply rip you off.

This will happen again as there is nothing to stop anyone setting up an illegal ticket site. And once the scammers have your money, tracking through the internet will almost impossible. All they have to do is close down the site, empty the bank account, move from any registered addresses (which would probably be fake anyway...) and bye bye... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:58 am

RFFB wrote:
As good a reason as I've heard to go back to buying your tickets from the VENUE only & getting rid of all these scum ticket agencies who simply rip you off.

This will happen again as there is nothing to stop anyone setting up an illegal ticket site. And once the scammers have your money, tracking through the internet will almost impossible. All they have to do is close down the site, empty the bank account, move from any registered addresses (which would probably be fake anyway...) and bye bye... Rolling Eyes

Except I know for a fact that when tickets went on sale for the Manchester show touts were already in the queue. When the box office opened a transit van pulled up and a load of other touts (armed with credit cards and cash) joined their mates at the front of the queue to buy the tickets from the venue itself.
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:37 am

I think they need to sort out a medium in which people can buy them. The problem is, they want everything. They inflate ticket prices, and then they want to go through agencies to get commission. I can only see this ending with fans getting the bad end. In the end, they don't care about us. They only care about the money... so what can we expect.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:12 am

wow that is really sad! Must be terrible for the fans, hee you all ready and excited for a show and poof its a bad ticket!
hope they can get it sorted out...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:07 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Except I know for a fact that when tickets went on sale for the Manchester show touts were already in the queue. When the box office opened a transit van pulled up and a load of other touts (armed with credit cards and cash) joined their mates at the front of the queue to buy the tickets from the venue itself.
May be so...but at least if you bought one of thier tickets they'd actually HAVE the ticket to give you. With internet sales, you could be asked to collect from the box office as in this case or be advised that tickets may not be sent until 7 - 10 days before the event. As TicketBastard do.

The scammer touts can simply take your money and run off with it. It's won't even be traceable, as once the scammers have emptied the account of cash (they'd be idiots to electronically transfer it!!) how do you find them? Hell, I can design basic web sites and with abit of further knowledge I'm sure I could integrate an 'off the shelf' credit card validation system.

And if I can do it... Wink
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:06 pm

RFFB wrote:

The scammer touts can simply take your money and run off with it. It's won't even be traceable, as once the scammers have emptied the account of cash (they'd be idiots to electronically transfer it!!) how do you find them? Hell, I can design basic web sites and with abit of further knowledge I'm sure I could integrate an 'off the shelf' credit card validation system.

Sounds good to Upscope....He's a little short in the pocket these days so let's get to work on this??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:10 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

May be so...but at least if you bought one of thier tickets they'd actually HAVE the ticket to give you. With internet sales, you could be asked to collect from the box office as in this case or be advised that tickets may not be sent until 7 - 10 days before the event. As TicketBastard do.

The tout who turned up at the MEN bought whole blocks and then put them on ebay..
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:06 am

Pete wrote:
The tout who turned up at the MEN bought whole blocks and then put them on ebay..
Don't get me wrong...I HATE touts almost as much as I hate Ticketbastard. kill My point was simply at least touts usually have the goods! The internet is idea for scam touts. Like I think I said...I'm surprised this hasn't happened before and I'm sure will happen again.

It's a 'faceless' crime. Suppose the moral is only buy from known genuine n legit rip off merchants like Ticketbastard!!!! kill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam   Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam
Page 1 of 1