Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Who's got tattoo's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 am

Chrissy wrote:
Actully now is the perfect moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it'd certainly break 'it'...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Fri May 06, 2011 8:23 am

http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/


Really shit tatoo's!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Mon May 09, 2011 1:16 am

Got into another 'discussion' this weekend about the Liverbird upon my chest...it's really not worth getting anymore tattoo's unless I want a divorce....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Mon May 09, 2011 8:14 am

This is oddly a very sore subject to me because of my job. Not the tattoo part but the holding what someone does to themselves over them in any relationship. I get women all the time who sit in my salon and talk about how they hate how they look, how they want to do something different but their husband/ boyfriend/ other would kill them if they cut it. Usually it involves long hair. I have a wonderful client who has painfully thin hair and her husband likes it to be long. But in all honost it just wont grow long and when it is even medium it looks so bad..I've done her hair for a really long time so we finally had the talk. After hearing her come in month after month after month and complain about how much she hates her hair I told her she needs to do something. So the truth comes out and this is what she told me.."my husband loves long hair and thinks its sexy, and will only have special time with me if my hair is long and when i cut it short he punishes me by holding out" So we cut her hair the way she wanted it and made her happy and she went out and bought a beautiful long blonde wig and wears it whenever she wants to feel sexy. Even now he loves the wig and she enjoys the contol of being able to put it on when she wants too..

So this really struck a cord with me so i went and talked to a psychiatrist client about this. Hairdressers are sometimes the only person a client will confide in. We are so similar to bartenders. I have learned a lot about people by working 21 years as a colorist. So this is what i have picked up. Its not about preference and liking how your partner looks its about control. If you really love me you'll do this if you don't i'll hold this over you or that..I'll be mad at you because you schanged how you look. To me that does not say I love you that says I'm trying to make you into a person you are not..

I had a clinet for about 10 years with very long blonde hair. Very nice girl. Came in one time with her husband as they needed to talk with me. She had cancer and was going to be starting her chemo soon. Wanted to talk with me about her hair. I watched her talk about herself and her hair and defend how she looked and how much her husband loved her hair. Finally he came over and took her by the hand and said ..yes you have beautiful hair but I love you with or without it. He held her hand while I shaved it off. She went through chemo for 6 months and passed away..You know he held her hand when she passed.

Yes this is preachy but I really believe in what I've learned. makes you think doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Mon May 09, 2011 8:19 am

Chrissy wrote:
This is oddly a very sore subject to me because of my job. Not the tattoo part but the holding what someone does to themselves over them in any relationship. I get women all the time who sit in my salon and talk about how they hate how they look, how they want to do something different but their husband/ boyfriend/ other would kill them if they cut it. Usually it involves long hair. I have a wonderful client who has painfully thin hair and her husband likes it to be long. But in all honost it just wont grow long and when it is even medium it looks so bad..I've done her hair for a really long time so we finally had the talk. After hearing her come in month after month after month and complain about how much she hates her hair I told her she needs to do something. So the truth comes out and this is what she told me.."my husband loves long hair and thinks its sexy, and will only have special time with me if my hair is long and when i cut it short he punishes me by holding out" So we cut her hair the way she wanted it and made her happy and she went out and bought a beautiful long blonde wig and wears it whenever she wants to feel sexy. Even now he loves the wig and she enjoys the contol of being able to put it on when she wants too..

So this really struck a cord with me so i went and talked to a psychiatrist client about this. Hairdressers are sometimes the only person a client will confide in. We are so similar to bartenders. I have learned a lot about people by working 21 years as a colorist. So this is what i have picked up. Its not about preference and liking how your partner looks its about control. If you really love me you'll do this if you don't i'll hold this over you or that..I'll be mad at you because you schanged how you look. To me that does not say I love you that says I'm trying to make you into a person you are not..

I had a clinet for about 10 years with very long blonde hair. Very nice girl. Came in one time with her husband as they needed to talk with me. She had cancer and was going to be starting her chemo soon. Wanted to talk with me about her hair. I watched her talk about herself and her hair and defend how she looked and how much her husband loved her hair. Finally he came over and took her by the hand and said ..yes you have beautiful hair but I love you with or without it. He held her hand while I shaved it off. She went through chemo for 6 months and passed away..You know he held her hand when she passed.

Yes this is preachy but I really believe in what I've learned. makes you think doesn't it?

So in short, I shouldm get more tattoo's if I want?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 am

since you are asking about you I will give you my opinion on that..I wouldn't do it if it was an act of defiance. Don't do to spite her but do it because you have made a long and good decision to put a piece of art on your body. Do it because it makes you happy and everytime you see it you'll be happy its there..Don't do it if you look at it and go well thats the reason I'm divorced. I'm sure if it lead to divorce then there is a lot more there than a tattoo.
Have you ever asked why she hates them on you so much? or would she rather it go in a different spot? Does she not like them in general?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Mon May 09, 2011 8:32 am

Chrissy wrote:
since you are asking about you I will give you my opinion on that..I wouldn't do it if it was an act of defiance. Don't do to spite her but do it because you have made a long and good decision to put a piece of art on your body. Do it because it makes you happy and everytime you see it you'll be happy its there..Don't do it if you look at it and go well thats the reason I'm divorced. I'm sure if it lead to divorce then there is a lot more there than a tattoo.
Have you ever asked why she hates them on you so much? or would she rather it go in a different spot? Does she not like them in general?
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 am

no matter what you do now you loose. You are damned if you do and if you don't. You both have made this such an issue. If you do it you are difying her and she'll hold it against you. If you don't do it then you "give in" no one wins and thats sad..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Mon May 09, 2011 8:44 am

Chrissy wrote:
no matter what you do now you loose. You are damned if you do and if you don't. You both have made this such an issue. If you do it you are difying her and she'll hold it against you. If you don't do it then you "give in" no one wins and thats sad..


I know...c'est la vie...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Thu May 12, 2011 2:22 am

Too much other stuff to spend my money on at the moment. Tattoo's are way way way down the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Thu May 12, 2011 2:38 am

Roger. H wrote:
Too much other stuff to spend my money on at the moment. Tattoo's are way way way down the list.


I guess so. I have other concerns at the moment too. However it would be nice if I wanted to get a new one I could...still...c'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   Thu May 12, 2011 2:49 am

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who's got tattoo's?   

Back to top Go down
 
Who's got tattoo's?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» tomomi tattoo
» Tattoos
» SCANDAL Members Profile
» My new Scandal tattoo.
» Tattoo Inspiration

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: