Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search Empty
PostSubject: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:36 am

Guitar legend SLASH (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has posted the following update:

"Hey gang, what's happening? Things are going fantastic in the studio, Josh Freese (drums) and Chris Chaney (bass) are one hell of a rhythm machine and the guitar sound is FAT! Fucking Awesome Tone! All is going perfect so far. We start recording vocals today and I'm really excited about working with this particular individual, its going to be quite an event.

In reading your mail I find that I've been receiving a lot of questions about VR. Mostly about if we have found a new singer and if we're going to tour again. In response to the former, no we haven't found a singer yet. There was a lot of talk about our announcing a new singer in March but it obviously didn't happen. We had somebody that we thought was a really good candidate, but it just wasn't meant to be. So, we're still looking. In response to the latter question, of course VR is going to tour again, we just have to find the right person to front the band. We have a bunch of new material and we're all anxious to get going, but the key ingredient for a rock n' roll band such as VR is an amazing frontman, and we haven't found the right man for the job, yet.

As far as upcoming events, I'll be playing the Quart Fest in Norway, June 30th with special guests. Also, I will be doing a few big shows tba in support of my solo album at some point. I'm sure there will be some other gigs here and there as well, so stay tuned.

I think that pretty much covers it for now, VR is still looking for a lead vocalist and I'm busy in the studio getting this record together. Hopefully by the time I'm done with my record, Velvet Revolver will be announcing some new plans, if not before."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:17 am

Axl may think Slash is a cancer but both need each other and the obvious thing is a UYI era G 'n' R Reunion...right? confused
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:22 am

Pete wrote:
Axl may think Slash is a cancer but both need each other and the obvious thing is a UYI era G 'n' R Reunion...right? confused

Probably mate, but Axl is too far up his own anus these days for that to happen Rolling Eyes

It would be very cool though! :rockin out:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:27 am

Matty35 wrote:

Probably mate, but Axl is too far up his own anus these days for that to happen Rolling Eyes

Just flash the cash in front of him and guarantee him a sold out world tour. They don't eve have to like each other. Just get on stage perform and get off stage.

Alas I think you're correct though. Shame.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:30 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Just flash the cash in front of him and guarantee him a sold out world tour. They don't eve have to like each other. Just get on stage perform and get off stage.

Very interesting Pete, money usually buys everyone & everything, maybe not now but, I can see it happening in a few years!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:39 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Very interesting Pete, money usually buys everyone & everything, maybe not now but, I can see it happening in a few years!

EVERYONE has a price. Rumours persist about Vince & Tommy still not getting along and travelling seperatley whilst on tour. Doesn't stop the Crue from rocking hard everynight...

If the money's there any hatred can be covered...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:47 pm

I actually don't think Slash needs Axl at all.

He's worked consistantly since GnR and while VR are goin through a rough patch, I think, they still have the potential to become huge. The first VR album was a full on rocker, shame the 2nd wasn't.

Axl is just living on the name of GnR to give him some credibility...Slash isn't.
Back to top Go down
Rock

Rock

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:23 pm

I love Slash and his playing, I am and have always been a very similar player, we are both the same age, born 1965, cept I am April and he is May. I think we should get a band together. Razz cheer affraid
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:20 am

RFFB wrote:
I actually don't think Slash needs Axl at all.

He's worked consistantly since GnR and while VR are goin through a rough patch, I think, they still have the potential to become huge. The first VR album was a full on rocker, shame the 2nd wasn't.

Axl is just living on the name of GnR to give him some credibility...Slash isn't.

Neither has hit the heights they had in GnR though. I would agree Axl probably needs Slash more than Slash needs Axl...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:26 am

Pete wrote:

Neither has hit the heights they had in GnR though. I would agree Axl probably needs Slash more than Slash needs Axl...
That is very true but in truth the GnR phenomenon was a once in a life time thing. I don't think either of them will reach that level ever again...

...unless they do get back together, which I think was the point you were making!

Thing is the chances of a proper GnR get together of Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler & the twat is about as likely as finding oil in ya back yard...unless you live in Saudi Arabia!!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:07 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

That is very true but in truth the GnR phenomenon was a once in a life time thing. I don't think either of them will reach that level ever again...

...unless they do get back together, which I think was the point you were making!

Thing is the chances of a proper GnR get together of Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler & the twat is about as likely as finding oil in ya back yard...unless you live in Saudi Arabia!!!... Laughing

What if I did a hole and then fill it with Castrol GTX? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:52 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Then you'd have wasted a good tin of GTX!!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rock

Rock

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:20 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Then you'd have wasted a good tin of GTX!!!... Laughing

OK OK OK OK OK, Gunners were and still are one of my fave bands, mainly because, I was doin virtually what they were doin, and they made it and I didnt, due to they having a better line up, lol, but I have followed what Slash has done. I saw Alice Cooper about 2005, and met Eric Singer and we went out and had a few brews, and that night I met Ryan Roxie, (Was Al Coopers guitarist for about 12 years or so) he came up and said Hi, and we chatted for ages, and still keep in contact, but he played on Slashs Snakepit, "Aint Life Grand" which is a killer album, and said Slash is just an amazing talent, that just naturally comes out with the most beautiful solos, and guitar melodys.
So I think what I am trying to say is............We all seem to agree that Axl needs Slash more than then Slash would ever need HIS ROYAL ROCK HIGHNESS> smokin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search   Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slash posts update on Velvet Revolver singer search
Page 1 of 1