Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The best POWER Ballad...?

Go down 
+6
RFFB
kokeakola
Roger. H
Frethead
Chrissy
Pete
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

The best POWER Ballad...? Empty
PostSubject: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:26 am

Now we all know our favourite bands rock harder than a hard thing...but there are times when they like to slow it down and go all lovey dovey/smoochie woochie (!!!)....

So...what's your personal favourite POWER ballad....

I have a soft spot for Kiss & Forever (no surprise there I guess)....you?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:03 am

Pete you like anything else besides Kiss?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:05 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete you like anything else besides Kiss?

Yep! I like lots of things besides Kiss!

Another fave ballad would be Dream On.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:12 am

Anyway Chrissy...What's yours???
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 am

my favorite would be by the Scorpians..Any of them..

Still loving you... or lady Starlight
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:09 pm

I'd really like to mention the ballad Tesla recorded in tribute to Steve Clark, but, I absolutely cannot remember the title!!! O well, how 'bout You Don't Remember ( I'll Never Forget)
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:17 am

Pete wrote:
I have a soft spot for Kiss & Forever (no surprise there I guess)....you?

With you there, mate 110% !!!

Also " Nothing else Matters " Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:23 am

Right -O! How about These Dreams, Jet City Woman, Screamin' In the Night, or Revelation ( Mother Earth)?! 'Raaay! cheer
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:36 am

Frethead wrote:
Right -O! How about These Dreams, Jet City Woman, Screamin' In the Night, or Revelation ( Mother Earth)?! 'Raaay! cheer

All very good! me thinks
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:59 am

Chrissy wrote:
Frethead wrote:

All very good! me thinks

Actually, I would've mentioned almost anything by The Carpenter's or ELO, but, it would be pretty hard to explain where the power is hiding in their music, respectively. So, you are being very quiet and sneaking around in the dark, aren't you? Hmm-hmmm! Naughty-naughty! Come on out and have some fun, Chrissy! You aren't still stuck on that Heiddi guy are you?! He's crazy! Come on!

We're goin' way out! Way out! That's where the fun is! Way out! Way out! That's where the fun is! Way out! :dance baby: :dance baby: :evil pissed: rock on jocolor sunny
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Home Sweet Home-Motley Crue
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Frethead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Frethead wrote:

All very good! me thinks

Actually, I would've mentioned almost anything by The Carpenter's or ELO, but, it would be pretty hard to explain where the power is hiding in their music, respectively. So, you are being very quiet and sneaking around in the dark, aren't you? Hmm-hmmm! Naughty-naughty! Come on out and have some fun, Chrissy! You aren't still stuck on that Heiddi guy are you?! He's crazy! Come on!

O.K. Who's Heidi and why do I like him. My computor was naughty this week and wouldn't let me on much, but I am here. i do like ELO but not the carpenters...I mentioned my favorite as the scorpians and there are a ot of ballads I like....Saigon Kick Love is on the way, thats a good song...so many to choose from....

We're goin' way out! Way out! That's where the fun is! Way out! Way out! That's where the fun is! Way out! :dance baby: :dance baby: :evil pissed: rock on jocolor sunny
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:59 am

The Fundamental Concepts of Metaphysics by Martin Heidegger

World's best power ballad

See me, feel me, touch me, heal me.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Aerosmith...Mia, Home Tonight ...stunning.

But my fav is very possibly You See Me Crying...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Cheap Trick - The Flame
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:02 am

Off the top of me head - Giant "Lost In Paradise"...Y&T "I Believe In You"...Glenn Hughes "Coast To Coast"

More to come Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 am

Danger Danger - I still think about you and Don't break my heart again.

ISTAY always makes me weep as it reminds of the first girl I ever truly loved... Crying or Very sad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:09 am

Good question, I can't decide exactly one, but i can throw a few in that might get missed Surprised

Skid Row - I Remember You
awesome melodic solo ofcourse and great song Razz

Ozzy - Tonight
okay, if anyone hasn't heard the solo at the end of this, check it out! seriously Razz

Heart - Alone
Great song from a band I never particularly listened much of and great solo considering its a bit cheezy Laughing

and my final one, not sure if this can be classed as a power ballad or not... Queen - The Show Must Go On.

Mods, feel free to edit out the Queen one, if it doesn't fit the category Cool
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:50 am

Skezza wrote:
Good question, I can't decide exactly one, but i can throw a few in that might get missed Surprised

Skid Row - I Remember You
awesome melodic solo ofcourse and great song Razz

Ozzy - Tonight
okay, if anyone hasn't heard the solo at the end of this, check it out! seriously Razz

Heart - Alone
Great song from a band I never particularly listened much of and great solo considering its a bit cheezy Laughing

and my final one, not sure if this can be classed as a power ballad or not... Queen - The Show Must Go On.

Mods, feel free to edit out the Queen one, if it doesn't fit the category Cool

Good choices Joe.. Wink

Another one just come to me - Blue Murder "Jelly Roll"
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:33 am

I like Closer to the heart and Back for More by Ratt.
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:45 am

laxcdn wrote:
I like Closer to the heart and Back for More by Ratt.
Both good choices. I love jamming back for more with my mates when we get together!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 am

Back for More is a crushing jammer! (dang, I'm not sure, but, I may have just made that up! Maybe I ought to go into broadcasting?!!)

O.K., folks. Here's the boogie. Judas Priest - Take These Chains ( off of my heart)

And, the number one, all-time, yanking yer teeth out with rusty ol' fishing pliers, tear jerking, ball grabbin', heart stopping, genitalia mauling pitbull of power ballads since . . . ever since!
Bringin' On the Heartbreak ( As much as some of us may resist showering accolades on them, they are still there. I think we are all aware of who they are. Thank you for coming!) rock on peace rok on rok on bat silly banana man idiot2 :clapping: sunny

Last edited by Frethead on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : It has to be so!)
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 am

Frethead wrote:

Bringin' On the Heartbreak

Def Leppard did a brilliant version of this live when I saw them last year.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:48 am

Frethead wrote:
Back for More is a crushing jammer! (dang, I'm not sure, but, I may have just made that up! Maybe I ought to go into broadcasting?!!)

O.K., folks. Here's the boogie. Judas Priest - Take These Chains ( off of my heart)

And, the number one, all-time, yanking yer teeth out with rusty ol' fishing pliers, tear jerking, ball grabbin', heart stopping, genitalia mauling pitbull of power ballads since . . . ever since!
Bringin' On the Heartbreak ( As much as some of us may resist showering accolades on them, they are still there. I think we are all aware who they are. Thank you for coming!) rock on peace rok on rok on bat silly banana man idiot2 :clapping: sunny

Wow Tommy I totally understood the whole paragraph!!!I really can speak fret!!!and yes that song is a great one!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 am

Pete wrote:
Frethead wrote:

Bringin' On the Heartbreak

Def Leppard did a brilliant version of this live when I saw them last year.

Thanks, Pete. Cool! Are they dressing it up like a Vegas -style show stopper, now, or something? I saw them on the Pyromania tour, and that was easily the loudest show I've ever been to. Damn! Thinking, just now, of the day after made my ears hurt! Twisted Evil bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best POWER Ballad...?   The best POWER Ballad...? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best POWER Ballad...?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next