Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace New Album Update!

Go down 
+3
laxcdn
Pete
Matty35
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Ace New Album Update! Empty
PostSubject: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:15 am

According to the Copyright.gov web site, which includes a searchable database of documents filed with the United States Copyright Office, original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's new solo album, "Anomaly", will feature the following track listing:

01. Outer Space
02. Foxy & Free
03. Sister
04. Too Many Faces
05. It's A Great Life
06. Skels
07. A Little Below The Angels
08. Fox On The Run (SWEET cover)
09. Change The World
10. Pain In the Neck
11. Genghis Khan
12. Fractured Quantum

The CD was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed by Marti Frederiksen, who has previously worked with AEROSMITH and DEF LEPPARD, among many others.

Check out the cover artwork below.

Video footage of Ace Frehley laying down a solo on one of his new tracks, "Pain In The Neck", in the recording studio can be viewed below. Ace says, "I've been tweaking the solo and this is pretty close to what you'll hear on the [upcoming Frehley solo] album."

In an early 2008 interview with Billboard, Frehley stated about the CD, "Basically, I'm trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'Ace Frehley']. That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked — a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music."

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below the Angels", hard-rocking "Pain In The Neck" and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum", which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror" and "Fractured Too". Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan", which he likens in tone to LED ZEPPELIN's "Kashmir".

Frehley recently spent time on the road fronting a band that featured second guitarist Derrek Hawkins, drummer Scot Coogan (ex-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION) and bassist Anthony Esposito (ex-LYNCH MOB).
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:04 am

Matty35 wrote:
According to the Copyright.gov web site, which includes a searchable database of documents filed with the United States Copyright Office, original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's new solo album, "Anomaly", will feature the following track listing:

01. Outer Space
02. Foxy & Free
03. Sister
04. Too Many Faces
05. It's A Great Life
06. Skels
07. A Little Below The Angels
08. Fox On The Run (SWEET cover)
09. Change The World
10. Pain In the Neck
11. Genghis Khan
12. Fractured Quantum

The CD was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed by Marti Frederiksen, who has previously worked with AEROSMITH and DEF LEPPARD, among many others.

Video footage of Ace Frehley laying down a solo on one of his new tracks, "Pain In The Neck", in the recording studio can be viewed below. Ace says, "I've been tweaking the solo and this is pretty close to what you'll hear on the [upcoming Frehley solo] album."

In an early 2008 interview with Billboard, Frehley stated about the CD, "Basically, I'm trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'Ace Frehley']. That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked — a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music."

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below the Angels", hard-rocking "Pain In The Neck" and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum", which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror" and "Fractured Too". Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan", which he likens in tone to LED ZEPPELIN's "Kashmir".

Frehley recently spent time on the road fronting a band that featured second guitarist Derrek Hawkins, drummer Scot Coogan (ex-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION) and bassist Anthony Esposito (ex-LYNCH MOB).

WOOO HOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:42 am

Saw him last spring and it was a good show. Can't wait til they come through again. I was suppose to meet up with Ant after the show, but the security guys wouldn't go find him.
Back to top Go down
Rock

Rock

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 am

Cool, u guys know I love the ace man, cant wait for this. cheer
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 am

Here's a video of Ace rippin it up on the song "Pain In The Neck" which is featured on the new album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HtKaZbsihg
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 pm

I want it NOW!!!!!!

C'mon get it out!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 am

RFFB wrote:
I want it NOW!!!!!!

Patience young man! You must learn Patience.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:59 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
I want it NOW!!!!!!

Patience young man! You must learn Patience.
Patience!

It's been, what 15 years since the last Ace album or something!? And all I keep hearing about this is 'it's comin...!'

Read on Ace's site that it looks like it's gonna come out through itunes as Ace hinted that fans should get an itunes account ready...
Hope it comes out in good ol' fashioned CD also...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Is it out yet?... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:10 am

RFFB wrote:

Well it was last night but it's gone back in now... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:44 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Well it was last night but it's gone back in now...
Wink
Well get it back out!!!!!!

Oooh, hang on...maybe that's not a good idea after all!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:19 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Well it was last night but it's gone back in now...
Wink
Well get it back out!!!!!!

Oooh, hang on...maybe that's not a good idea after all!!... Laughing

You'd have to ask Ruth about that.. Wink
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:38 am

I think it will be a lot better than the new Kiss cd.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:32 am

From Blabbermouth.net

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122865

ACE FREHLEY: 'Anomaly' U.S. Release Date Announced - June 30, 2009

According to the Rocket Science music label services organization, which lists original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley as one of its clients, Frehley's new solo album, "Anomaly", will be released on September 15. The CD was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed in Los Angeles by Marti Frederiksen, who has previously worked with AEROSMITH and DEF LEPPARD, among many others.

"Anomaly" official track listing:

01. Foxy & Free
02. Outer Space
03. Pain In The Neck
04. Fox On The Run
05. Genghis Khan
06. Too Many Faces
07. Change The World
08. Space Bear
09. A Little Below The Angels
10. Sister
11. It's A Great Life
12. Fractured Quantum
13. The Return of Space Bear (Dedicated to Tom Snyder) (iTunes exclusive)

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below The Angels", hard-rocking "Pain In The Neck" and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum", which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror" and "Fractured Too". Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan", which he likens in tone to LED ZEPPELIN's "Kashmir".

Frehley last year spent time on the road fronting a band that featured second guitarist Derrek Hawkins, drummer Scot Coogan (ex-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION) and bassist Anthony Esposito (ex-LYNCH MOB).

There you go. DEFINITELY a Kiss related release on September 15th!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Is it September yet?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:24 am

RFFB wrote:
Is it September yet?

Nearly... Wink lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 am

Isn't the new KISS album supposed to be out around then too ?? It''ll be interesting to see the sales figures of both if they're released the same week !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:33 am

Roger H wrote:
Isn't the new KISS album supposed to be out around then too ?? It''ll be interesting to see the sales figures of both if they're released the same week !! Very Happy

Ace should go with Wallmart too.. then they could offer buy one, get one free!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 am

oh yeah now there is a classy idea!!!!

Why are you such a WALMART fan do you guys even have them??????
Yuck!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:39 am

Chrissy wrote:
oh yeah now there is a classy idea!!!!

Why are you such a WALMART fan do you guys even have them??????
Yuck!!!!!

We have ASDA and ASDA rocks!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:44 am

Not the same!!!!!! Walmart sucks and is the evil undoing of small business.....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:50 am

Chrissy wrote:
Not the same!!!!!! Walmart sucks and is the evil undoing of small business.....

Part of the Walmart family...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 am

Good God!
They got you too..................
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 am

Chrissy wrote:
Good God!
They got you too..................

Huh? Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:58 am

Roger H wrote:

October 6th... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace New Album Update!   Ace New Album Update! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace New Album Update!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next