Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone like Queen?

Go down 
+4
Matty35
Chrissy
Roger. H
Pete
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:03 am

Because I do!!!

What about the good folks of FMF? I know they ain't really Heavy Metal but they do have some decent rock stuff in their catalogue...

(Oh and I mean REAL Queen and NOT Queen + Paul Rodgers!)
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 am

YES. first 3 albums = Classics
Next 3 albums = Good ( I must be the only person in the world to hate BoRap !!)
From Jazz Onwards they lost me. ( Including that God awful soundtrack, Pete ! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:03 am

Roger H wrote:
YES. first 3 albums = Classics
Next 3 albums = Good ( I must be the only person in the world to hate BoRap !!)
From Jazz Onwards they lost me. ( Including that God awful soundtrack, Pete ! Laughing )

FLASH!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!! He'll save eveyone of us. lol! lol!

I like that! (Love the film tho.)

Agree about the real early stuff, but I do like Jazz....

Oh and you're not the only person to hate Bo Rap...it suffers from Ace of Spades sundrome i.e. it's the only one that Joe Public knows and it's been played to death...

Last edited by Pete on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:17 am

I love queen. It like having respect for an older family member. They planted some serious roots...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 am

You bet your boots I do!!!!!

Was playin "One Vision" & "Who Wants To Live Forever" earlier!

Great Band! - Brian May isn't the best guitarist in the world, but you remember all his solo's - Class act! thums up

Live Aid, get it down ya, go on Freddie!!! not worthy2 not worthy2 not worthy2
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 am

Matty35 wrote:

Great Band! - Brian May isn't the best guitarist in the world, but you remember all his solo's - Class act! thums up

Contraversial!!!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:35 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Contraversial!!!

Sorry mate?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:38 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Contraversial!!!

Sorry mate?

Doesn't bother me at all. Just I know a few Queen fans who'd have your guts for saying that!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Contraversial!!!

Sorry mate?

Doesn't bother me at all. Just I know a few Queen fans who'd have your guts for saying that!

Ok, i got ya mate, but I believe in being realistic - May is very good & recorded some classic's but he's not in the same league as your Vai's, Lynch's, Satriani's, Malmsteen's, Wylde's, Gilbert's, Beach's or Van Halen's for technical ability!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 am

I love the early Queen stuff...1st 4 albums are just the dogs bollox! Especially Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack.

They were a proper good rock band...how they went all light and poppy and shite was a crime. Certainly came up with some great songs after the 1st 4 albums but for me no complete album...

First band I saw live and what a great introduction to live music. In Freddie they had almost the perfect frontman and his voice...outstanding.

For me 24/11/91 was a doubly bad day...the death of both Freddie & Eric Carr (RIP x2).

Still gets to me when I think about it.

And Roger...you are not alone! Bo Rap is one of the most overrated songs...ever!!!!! Prophets Song is just as pomptastic and vastly superior!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:17 pm

RFFB wrote:
And Roger...you are not alone! Bo Rap is one of the most overrated songs...ever!!!!! Prophets Song is just as pomptastic and vastly superior!!!!

Few ! I'm so glad I'm not alone ! there are far greater songs on " A Night at the Opera " that get over looked for that slab of Shite !!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Yes I do! queen
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:08 am

RFFB wrote:
I love the early Queen stuff...1st 4 albums are just the dogs bollox! Especially Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack.

They were a proper good rock band...how they went all light and poppy and shite was a crime. Certainly came up with some great songs after the 1st 4 albums but for me no complete album...

First band I saw live and what a great introduction to live music. In Freddie they had almost the perfect frontman and his voice...outstanding.

For me 24/11/91 was a doubly bad day...the death of both Freddie & Eric Carr (RIP x2).

How do you feel about a few of the later songs mate such as - "I Want It All" "Show Must Go On" & "Innuendo"? - I fuggin love those tracks!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:09 am

Matty35 wrote:
RFFB wrote:

How do you feel about a few of the later songs mate such as - "I Want It All" "Show Must Go On" & "Innuendo"? - I fuggin love those tracks!!!

I personally love it all.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Matty35 wrote:

I can take or leave 'I Want It All' but the other 2 are great! There's no doubting they still wrote some great songs right up to the end but as for a complete album...not so sure. Tho I did like the 'Innuendo' album, thinking about it.

But 'Hot Space' was it, 'The Game', 'Jazz'...I just don't get.

'Who Wants To Live Forever' is one of the most beautiful songs ever tho...Freddies voice combined with the lyrics...incredible.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:55 am

RFFB wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

I can take or leave 'I Want It All' but the other 2 are great! There's no doubting they still wrote some great songs right up to the end but as for a complete album...not so sure. Tho I did like the 'Innuendo' album, thinking about it.

But 'Hot Space' was it, 'The Game', 'Jazz'...I just don't get.

'Who Wants To Live Forever' is one of the most beautiful songs ever tho...Freddies voice combined with the lyrics...incredible.

Hot Space is absolute crap (It's Queens version of Kiss Unmasked IMHO) however I do love The Game & Jazz. In fact I'd have Jazz in my top 5 Queen albums.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:16 am

RFFB wrote:

Totally, & what a great moment in Highlander too!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:20 am

Matty35 wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Totally, & what a great moment in Highlander too!

Isn't 'Who Wants To Live Forever' a duet between Freddie and Brian? Great song. Great moment in Highlander too as Matty has alluded to.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:17 pm

I love old Queen. thums up

Especially when my friends and I get together.

Singing at the top of our lungs. cheers And drinking a few cold ones!!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:33 am

The Live at Wembley gig from 86 is one of the best shows i've ever seen, just amazing :jaw dropping:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:42 am

Matty35 wrote:
The Live at Wembley gig from 86 is one of the best shows i've ever seen, just amazing :jaw dropping:

That is indeed a top show. I love the DVD and CD of this.

I have a friend who was at this gig, and Lord Dan of Bach was at Knebworth I believe.

Sad to think that these were the last live shows Freddie did with Queen. Sad
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:56 am

Pete wrote:

That is a very sad thought Pete! - I really don't think we will see another band like Queen No
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:58 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

That is a very sad thought Pete! - I really don't think we will see another band like Queen No

Queen + Paul Rodgers? lol!

Actually scrap that. I'm listening to the Q+PR cd and it's a bit pants TBH!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:06 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

I know what they were trying to do, give the fan's a chance to see / hear Queen's song's live again, although Rogers is a find singer he's a little too "Ohhh baby!" David Coverdale for Queen, if you catch my drift? Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:15 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

I know what they were trying to do, give the fan's a chance to see / hear Queen's song's live again, although Rogers is a find singer he's a little too "Ohhh baby!" David Coverdale for Queen, if you catch my drift? Wink

I gotcha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone like Queen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Queen?   Anyone like Queen? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone like Queen?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next