Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leppard Tour

Go down 
+7
Roger. H
Chrissy
Andyearny
Pete
'Scope
Frankie
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Leppard Tour - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:18 pm

Maybe it would be a different story in the UK where DL is more firmly backed but in the States Poison is just as if not more popular than DL.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:22 am

There was a definite feel of Special Guests to Whitesnake last yeareven though it was billed as a double headliner show, but then in the States maybe it would be more like a double headliner tour...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:40 am

Pete wrote:
There was a definite feel of Special Guests to Whitesnake last yeareven though it was billed as a double headliner show, but then in the States maybe it would be more like a double headliner tour...
Really regret not going now...everyone seems to say it was a great night with Whitesnake being on top form, even if DC's voice wasn't quite what it was. Oh well, spilt milk and all that...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:51 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Really regret not going now...everyone seems to say it was a great night with Whitesnake being on top form, even if DC's voice wasn't quite what it was. Oh well, spilt milk and all that...

If not for Kiss in Paris, this would easily been my gig of the year.

Both bands were in fine form that night.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:18 am

Pete wrote:

They do double headliner tours in the States. Poison/Cinderella did one a couple years ago. Half the time one band would take the stage first & the other half the other band would. Each band played an equal amount of time.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:20 am

'Scope wrote:
Pete wrote:

They do double headliner tours in the States. Poison/Cinderella did one a couple years ago. Half the time one band would take the stage first & the other half the other band would. Each band played an equal amount of time.

'Scope

Both bands played for the same length of time, it's difficult to explain on a forum if you weren't at these shows but Whitesnake definitely had a feel of being Special guests that night. Great show though.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:30 am

Pete wrote:

Both bands played for the same length of time, it's difficult to explain on a forum if you weren't at these shows but Whitesnake definitely had a feel of being Special guests that night. Great show though.

Yea, Upscope knows exactly what you mean because the night he saw the Poison/Cinderella tour it was Cinderella that took the stage first & there certainly was a "special guest" vibe in the air. But one of Upscope's friends saw the same show a few nights later at a different venue & it was Poison who took the stage first.

The biggest thing contributing to the "special guest" vibe is how there are considerably less people in the crowd for the first act. The crowd slowly starts to fill the closer you get to the "headlining" performance.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:39 am

'Scope wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yea, Upscope knows exactly what you mean because the night he saw the Poison/Cinderella tour it was Cinderella that took the stage first & there certainly was a "special guest" vibe in the air. But one of Upscope's friends saw the same show a few nights later at a different venue & it was Poison who took the stage first.

The biggest thing contributing to the "special guest" vibe is how there are considerably less people in the crowd for the first act. The crowd slowly starts to fill the closer you get to the "headlining" performance.

'Scope

The Venue I saw them in was packed for both 'snake & leppard..
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 am

In the States, it's fashionably popular to show UP a little late!! Upscope doesn't know why though because he doesn't ever want to miss a thing.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 am

'Scope wrote:
In the States, it's fashionably popular to show UP a little late!! Upscope doesn't know why though because he doesn't ever want to miss a thing.

'Scope

There's a (really shite IMO) song somewhere in that sentence...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Pete wrote:
'Scope wrote:

'Scope

There's a (really shite IMO) song somewhere in that sentence...
lol!
It ain't that bad...but certainly no 'You See Me Cryin', 'Home Tonight' or 'Mia'
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:26 pm

DANG!!! I've only seen the first couple of pages of this thread, so bear with me, please. I must comment about that damn oompah's ramblings-on about Def Leppard. Uh-huhh-huhh-huhh, let's get this straight! I have always liked Ronnie James Dio, even if for no greater reason than the sound of his voice ( specifically, because Ozzy's voice makes me want to bust my head open on a boat propellor), alas, I piss in his general direction. Def Leppard's personality/ music occupies a much greater and more natural position in each one of us than the Dragonslayer/ King freakin' Arthur music. Hell yeah, dude, focus on your passion and come out swinging, but, if you've got a personal gripe with Vivian, spare me the extra furkin' coin about the band that has outsold you, like, ten -fifteen times or whatever . . . whatwith a one-handed drummer, and the loss of the band's heart, guts, and soul in Steve Clark! Sure, they started out rocking hard and fast, made it sound good, and in a surprising and generally disappointing way, morphed into the Jukebox heroes. (forgive me, Mick) So what?! The former producer's kicked back in a Swiss chalet with what's -her -name/ fox, and isn't there, close to without fail, a "soft" song and a "poppy" song or two in every rock album?! They've done it better than everyone besides Billy Joel, Elton John, Lionel Richie, or Reo, perhaps. Whatever. Deal with your personal issues personally, Papa Smurf! Fucxk, here it is Friday afternoon, and I'm steamed! Arrrgggghhh! XXXker!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:43 pm

O.k Now I'm caught up. Poison is the cheesiest friggin' rock band in history! Give me a break! POISON??!!!! What kind of concert is based on the number of lasers that each band is going to have? Uhhh, yeah. I have a guitar screaming at me around here, somewhere. There it is; I'm out of here.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:26 am

Frethead wrote:
O.k Now I'm caught up. Poison is the cheesiest friggin' rock band in history! Give me a break! POISON??!!!! What kind of concert is based on the number of lasers that each band is going to have? Uhhh, yeah. I have a guitar screaming at me around here, somewhere. There it is; I'm out of here.
Sure Poison are 'cheesy', but they never really claimed to be anything else. They are simply a good time, have a laugh, party RnR band. Not the best band in the world but they do seem entertaining.

As for the laser thing, the point I was tryin to make was that Leppard DON'T rely on a stage show to entertain and it seems to be a big part of Poison's show and I would be surprised if DL allowed Poison to have a full on show. But as it's a co-headlining show and DL may not have a veto they would have to be on top form everynight, cos for entertainment value Poison would have the advantage. It is all about entertainment, after all.

Isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:20 am

RFFB wrote:
Frethead wrote:
Sure Poison are 'cheesy', but they never really claimed to be anything else. They are simply a good time, have a laugh, party RnR band. Not the best band in the world but they do seem entertaining.

As for the laser thing, the point I was tryin to make was that Leppard DON'T rely on a stage show to entertain and it seems to be a big part of Poison's show and I would be surprised if DL allowed Poison to have a full on show. But as it's a co-headlining show and DL may not have a veto they would have to be on top form everynight, cos for entertainment value Poison would have the advantage. It is all about entertainment, after all.

Isn't it?

Of course it is. I love it when bands complain about the rules to follow. Would love to see what Frethead thinks about the no booze metallica shows!!
Bunch of cry babies,, whah we can't use our lasers....whah you said bad things to me....whah you can't drink at my show....Whah whah...
I like what Lemmy says.."Fuck off and just play some rock and roll".
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Ah. Didn't really expect a response, as my b.p. was spiking after watching the vid of Dio signing p/gs, and a ranting we will go! burst into flames Let's see . . . what's a good way to segue into a more worthwhile discussion. Hmmm. Anyway! An offhand thanks to Chrissy for the warm welcome! Uhhh. confused 1

Metallica bites, hard, and they've never attracted my attention. are u listening scared1 I could care less about whether they demand bowls of only brown peanut M&Ms in their warm-up room rulez , allow only thirteen foot tall redheads in miniskirts named O' Really :dizzy: backstage, or get together with Gerald, Josh, Hector and Tad from the Men's Real Hair Club every Tuesday night and trip on shoelaces for musical inspiration. :crazy mofo:

I must paraphrase my minimally worded point that when ensnared into commentary on cheeseball entertainers, you're talking lasers or rhinestones and pianos. :pound it: I'm just not even going to say anything else about Poison. DOH! :devil puker:

As for entertainment, bluntly spoken, there are guys who lay on the grass and watch the rain fall flash and there are guys who attend dogfights. Guys who blow hundreds of dollars shooting bullets into a hill kill , guys who clean and tune carburetors, and guys who chew their toenails. That's entertainment!

:clapping: Lemmy? O yeah! I like what Frank Zappa said. "Shut-up and play your guitar."

Last edited by Frethead on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to add my all -time, most favorite quote. Neuhh.)
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:21 pm

I am now officially confused!!!!!...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Frightened yet? you bellend Fer sure, there is more where that came from, mon cheri! HA-HA-HA! cyclops A new case for my old Les Paul just arrived and I have to play! And, it all begins with a beer, or two, or six. Rock hard, you all! banana man
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:50 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!

Def Leppard have announced one show in Dublin with...wait for it...wait for it... Whitesnake AND Journey as the support acts!!!!...I am seriously thinking of going to this, especially if no UK date if forthcomin!!

An unbelieveable line up!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:47 pm

OMG!!! I wold be like "slash and burn" on my way to that show, dud!!! But, wait a minute! Don't they live in dublin, I mean, Joe's studio is there, anyway. Right? Why in the world would they need an opener, much less two, if they're able to draw the mighty Journey and the equally potent Whitesnake???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leppard Tour   Leppard Tour - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leppard Tour
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3