Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30   Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Hey Matty,
nice gear, is that the new Low Pro Edge ? What model RG is it? Is it a 450? I'm not too savvy on the ibanez front, I own a 570 made in Japan and i think its fantastic. Was setting the intonation on it today, i'm sure you'll know, that ain't much fun Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30   Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:11 am

Skezza wrote:
Hey Matty,
nice gear, is that the new Low Pro Edge ? What model RG is it? Is it a 450? I'm not too savvy on the ibanez front, I own a 570 made in Japan and i think its fantastic. Was setting the intonation on it today, i'm sure you'll know, that ain't much fun Razz

Thanks Joe, Its a Edge pro II bridge thums up with stock pickups (which are quite good) - Ive got a set of Ernie Ball "Heavy Bottom" strings on it & I've dropped tuned to "C" - This is the guitar I reach for when I want that Black Label Society / Pantera sound :rockin out:

This guitar along with the Jackson JS30 I posted play great. I've owned 4 Jackson's in total & the JS30 is the best one out of the lot, it only cost me £200, I put in a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge & that's it, I've been really disappointed with the other more expensive Dinky's I've bought, I remember having a chat with Koke awhile back & he said he wasn't that impressed with Jackson Dinky's.

My dream guitar is the Charvel San Dimas Style 1 2H :Marys Drool:

cheers

Matty peace

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30   Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Haha. You're talking to a bit of a Charvel nerd. My old man owns an early Charvel before they'd really started producing them for the market. This was still an on demand thing. I own a Charvel 750XL Soloist Archtop which is often considered the holy grain of Charvel guitars. It is fantastic and plays just wonderfully. Mahogany body which is interesting and a maple cap, so sounds just like a les paul. Also a short scale length, so maybe they were trying to get the Gibson fans to unite with Charvel. Sadly, the £1200 original price tag soured the deal and they're real rare and wanted now. I was lucky to find one in a shop with a bunch of guys who really didn't know what the hell it was. I looked at it. It had problems, I played it, it didn't play great, but sounded fantastic. I said, how much, he says 350, 300 cash and i said, i'll do it now. And i went home and i spent hours making sure it played perfectly and i've never regretted it! I also own a couple of other Charvels.

My old man also owns a Model 2, Model 3, Model 4, Model 5, Model 6, Fusion, Spectrum, CX291, Charvel Bass, and (Fender) Model A Pro. Along with a few other Charvels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30   Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:19 am

Skezza wrote:
Haha. You're talking to a bit of a Charvel nerd. My old man owns an early Charvel before they'd really started producing them for the market. This was still an on demand thing. I own a Charvel 750XL Soloist Archtop which is often considered the holy grain of Charvel guitars. It is fantastic and plays just wonderfully. Mahogany body which is interesting and a maple cap, so sounds just like a les paul. Also a short scale length, so maybe they were trying to get the Gibson fans to unite with Charvel. Sadly, the £1200 original price tag soured the deal and they're real rare and wanted now. I was lucky to find one in a shop with a bunch of guys who really didn't know what the hell it was. I looked at it. It had problems, I played it, it didn't play great, but sounded fantastic. I said, how much, he says 350, 300 cash and i said, i'll do it now. And i went home and i spent hours making sure it played perfectly and i've never regretted it! I also own a couple of other Charvels.

My old man also owns a Model 2, Model 3, Model 4, Model 5, Model 6, Fusion, Spectrum, CX291, Charvel Bass, and (Fender) Model A Pro. Along with a few other Charvels.

I don't like your dad! lol!

Excellent Joe, can you get any pic's up? thums up

PostSubject: Re: My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30   

Back to top Go down

My Ibanez RG & Jackson JS30
Page 1 of 1