Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?

Go down 
+2
Matty35
Pete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 am

Anyone have any opinions on this fellow?

I got my copy of Hotleg's debut CD yesterday and have been listening to it a fair bit. Now onto The Darkness and whilst some may find his voice annoying and him to be a bit of a pretentious tw@, the boy can write a song.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:13 am

I saw them open for Whitesnake in 2004, I laughed me socks off infact I'm still laughing Laughing - I thought they were a "pants" AC/DC / Bee Gee's tribute band!..I even turned to my wife & said "we will never of hear of these again!"...boy, was I wrong Embarassed Wink (obviously this was before their chart success Wink )...

I don't really have a problem with them or Justin. My sister has their first album & still plays it once in awhile, one thing I did notice the production of that album was excellent thums up

cheers

Matty rok on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 am

Matty35 wrote:
I saw them open for Whitesnake in 2004, I laughed me socks off infact I'm still laughing Laughing - I thought they were a "pants" AC/DC / Bee Gee's tribute band!..I even turned to my wife & said "we will never of hear of these again!"...boy, was I wrong Embarassed Wink (obviously this was before their chart success Wink )...

I don't really have a problem with them or Justin. My sister has their first album & still plays it once in awhile, one thing I did notice the production of that album was excellent thums up

cheers

Matty rok on

I saw them open for Def Leppard in Feb 03 with a mate and his wife. Again we laughed a lot, thinkign they were a sub par AC/DC. However we did enjoy them and saw them at the Hop & Grape in Mcr in March 03 playing to no more than 200 people.

12 months later they're playing the MEN arena. Couldn't believe that!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:29 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

cheers

Matty rok on

I saw them open for Def Leppard in Feb 03 with a mate and his wife. Again we laughed a lot, thinkign they were a sub par AC/DC. However we did enjoy them and saw them at the Hop & Grape in Mcr in March 03 playing to no more than 200 people.

12 months later they're playing the MEN arena. Couldn't believe that!

They made some money out of the industry so fair play to them thums up

The music was cool but I never liked his vocals that much, which is strange because I like the Bee Gee's Rolling Eyes - I suppose the mix of Angus Young & Barry Gibb doesn't work for me Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:02 am

The only problem Upscope has with The Darknesss is that he can't figure out which member is the gayest??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:09 am

The Darkness!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Everything that is wrong with music!!
Some of the music, in truth, was ok-ish but as soon as dork Hawkins opens his mouth... kill :stfu:

Haven't heard Hot Leg and have no desire to either. May their lifespan be shortlived so we can rid ourseleves of that Hawkins prat forever... cheer
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:22 am

RFFB wrote:
The Darkness!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Everything that is wrong with music!!
Some of the music, in truth, was ok-ish but as soon as dork Hawkins opens his mouth... kill :stfu:

Haven't heard Hot Leg and have no desire to either. May their lifespan be shortlived so we can rid ourseleves of that Hawkins prat forever... cheer

Shocked Shocked

Not a fan then RFFB!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:28 am

Whatever gave you that idea!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:28 am

RFFB wrote:
Whatever gave you that idea!!

Dunno.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

'Scope wrote:
The only problem Upscope has with The Darknesss is that he can't figure out which member is the gayest??

'Scope

:hello sexy:
Back to top Go down
Room Service

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:20 pm

First album was enjoyable,second one was pants.Saw them at the Apollo and the atmosphere was excellent,solid outfit but i always thought their career would be shortlived.As Pete said they almost sold out the MEN a year later,just couldnt see them having the presence to fill such a big venue.I think a lot of people jumped onboard when the big single hit and the band believed they were the bees knees.Lets face it they had their 15 minutes of fame but its hard to follow up a highly successful debut album.Will get round to purchasing the Hot Leg album,Pete is it a better effort than the Stone Gods disc??
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:23 am

Room Service wrote:
First album was enjoyable,second one was pants.Saw them at the Apollo and the atmosphere was excellent,solid outfit but i always thought their career would be shortlived.As Pete said they almost sold out the MEN a year later,just couldnt see them having the presence to fill such a big venue.I think a lot of people jumped onboard when the big single hit and the band believed they were the bees knees.Lets face it they had their 15 minutes of fame but its hard to follow up a highly successful debut album.Will get round to purchasing the Hot Leg album,Pete is it a better effort than the Stone Gods disc??

Is it better than Stone Gods? My opinion. is yes. I'll burn you a copy if you PM me your details...save your pennies.
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 am

Not a big fan of them, but some stuff is ok.

I really like Tokyo Dragons. Have you guys seen them at all? I think they broke up a couple months ago.

Another band that is ok is Next Generation Superstars.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:01 am

laxcdn wrote:
Have you guys seen them at all? I think they broke up a couple months ago.

AGAIN??

They break UP more often then Pam & Tommy.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:51 am

'Scope wrote:
laxcdn wrote:
Have you guys seen them at all? I think they broke up a couple months ago.

AGAIN??

They break UP more often then Pam & Tommy.

'Scope

lol! Too ture lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:15 am

Damn it!! I missed seeing these lot at the Hop & Grape.

Bugger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?   Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness/Hotleg). Opinions?
Page 1 of 1