Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 COVER VERSIONS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

avatar

Number of posts : 15230
Age : 57
Location : The Cave Of Goodies.
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: COVER VERSIONS   Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 pm

After watching the Iron Maiden cover of "Hocus Pocus" I got to wondering
what is your favourite cover version ?
Try to think of one that is unusual, where it's a completely different take on the track
or it's by someone or band you would never have thought would cover it.
I'll start off with this, no apologies it's by one of my favourite bands ! Very Happy Very Happy


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 am

Roger H wrote:
After watching the Iron Maiden cover of "Hocus Pocus" I got to wondering
what is your favourite cover version ?
Try to think of one that is unusual, where it's a completely different take on the track
or it's by someone or band you would never have thought would cover it.
I'll start off with this, no apologies it's by one of my favourite bands ! Very Happy Very Happy



Can't see what your youtube is Roger but my fave cover versions are Kiss - Do you remember Rock n Rolll Radio, Van Halen - You Really Got me and Poison - Your Mama don't dance....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 46
Location : United Kingdom
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:52 am

I really love the versions of Ozzy's "Shot In The Dark" by Jeff Scott Soto & Bruce Kulick, & Maiden's "Flight Of Icarus" by Rippen Owen (Ex Priest) & Doug Aldrich (guitarist with Whitesnake)...



I was gonna post them, but there's nothing on Youtube. So if anyone would like a copy of these (& they are killer covers) I can email them to you, just send me a PM.


Matty... drummer

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Andyearny

avatar

Number of posts : 39
Age : 107
Location : Moon
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:49 am

Well i love the original but i think this cover is pretty rockin.........only my opinion of course!! cheesin'







The best,
Andy

rock on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 46
Location : United Kingdom
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:58 am

Andyearny wrote:
Well i love the original but i think this cover is pretty rockin.........only my opinion of course!! cheesin'







The best,
Andy

rock on

Yeah this is a very cool attempt, I used to have this playin on me Myspace :guitar rock out:

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:39 am

my favorite song that is covered is Billy Idols Rebel Yell. Here is Drowning pool doing that..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 46
Location : United Kingdom
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:07 am

Anybody heard Zakk Wylde's version of AC/DC's "Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be"? - Its pretty special you should check it out!! thums up ....(Again like before, If anyone wants a copy send us a PM)

cheers

Matty rock on

_________________


Last edited by Matty35 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Mary1234

avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 47
Location : South Carolina
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:07 am

Great cover. This vid is a bit disturbing to me though!!



Last edited by Mary1234 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mary1234

avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 47
Location : South Carolina
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 am

WTF? What is wrong with my vid?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 46
Location : United Kingdom
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 am

Mary1234 wrote:
WTF? What is wrong with my vid?

Can't help Mary, I can't watch videos at work im sorry

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Chrissy

avatar

Number of posts : 9677
Age : 47
Location : Burbank, California
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 am

I'm pretty sure its supposed to look like that...
Great cover but yes, ultra creepy video
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mary1234

avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 47
Location : South Carolina
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 am

Matty35 wrote:
Mary1234 wrote:
WTF? What is wrong with my vid?

Can't help Mary, I can't watch videos at work im sorry


I fixed it. When you click to play it, it said "embedded image blocked by request"....I just posted a different link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Well being a fan, I kinda like 'Anyway You Want It' from ALIVE II. A classic example of how to take a song by the scruff of the neck and give it the treatment!

But the best cover version EVER has to be 'King Of The Night Time World' from DESTROYER. Yeah, I was surprised to find out it was cover!!!!!!
Kudos to Detective Pete!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laxcdn

avatar

Number of posts : 1218
Age : 48
Location : Winnipeg
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:37 am

Jimi's All Along the Watchtower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 am

laxcdn wrote:
Jimi's All Along the Watchtower.
Now, yeah!!! I'm with you on this one...what a song!

Miles better than Dylan's version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:42 am

RFFB wrote:
Well being a fan, I kinda like 'Anyway You Want It' from ALIVE II. A classic example of how to take a song by the scruff of the neck and give it the treatment!

But the best cover version EVER has to be 'King Of The Night Time World' from DESTROYER. Yeah, I was surprised to find out it was cover!!!!!!
Kudos to Detective Pete!

No Kudos deserved I read it on KISS FAQ!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:50 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Well being a fan, I kinda like 'Anyway You Want It' from ALIVE II. A classic example of how to take a song by the scruff of the neck and give it the treatment!

But the best cover version EVER has to be 'King Of The Night Time World' from DESTROYER. Yeah, I was surprised to find out it was cover!!!!!!
Kudos to Detective Pete!

No Kudos deserved I read it on KISS FAQ!
I'm actually still in mild shock about this TBH!!!!... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pete

avatar

Number of posts : 19317
Age : 43
Location : Desolation Boulevard..
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:51 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Well being a fan, I kinda like 'Anyway You Want It' from ALIVE II. A classic example of how to take a song by the scruff of the neck and give it the treatment!

But the best cover version EVER has to be 'King Of The Night Time World' from DESTROYER. Yeah, I was surprised to find out it was cover!!!!!!
Kudos to Detective Pete!

No Kudos deserved I read it on KISS FAQ!
I'm actually still in mild shock about this TBH!!!!... Shocked

Yup it was a Shock (to) me too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

BUT!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned this is the greatest cover version EVER...and it had slipped my mind!!!!... Shocked

The mighty 1000 Homo DJs and the Sabbath classic 'Supernaut'



This fuckin ROCKS. Simple as. :rockin out:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty35
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 46
Location : United Kingdom
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:50 pm

That's a cool version Adam, not heard that before rock on

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm

It's one of Al Jourgensen's many off-shoot bands. Features Trent Reznor on vocals, although I believe he was never officially credited but he did it live with the band. Came out in the early 90's if I recall...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelby

avatar

Number of posts : 52
Age : 45
Location : A"Trash"cadero, CA
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm

laxcdn wrote:
Jimi's All Along the Watchtower.

Amen my brutha!!

I kinda dig this one:



Back to top Go down
View user profile
RFFB

avatar

Number of posts : 6436
Age : 104
Location : Anywhere but where I am!
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:22 pm

The singer in The Donnas looks like the hot woman Paul Stanley always wanted to be!!!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelby

avatar

Number of posts : 52
Age : 45
Location : A"Trash"cadero, CA
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:40 pm

RFFB wrote:
The singer in The Donnas looks like the hot woman Paul Stanley always wanted to be!!!!... Laughing


:rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laxcdn

avatar

Number of posts : 1218
Age : 48
Location : Winnipeg
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:48 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: COVER VERSIONS   

Back to top Go down
 
COVER VERSIONS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Billy Cobham on the Cover of a New 1970's CTI Collection CD
» Weirdest album cover contest
» Extended Versions of Gimme Danger & I Need Somebody
» "Dirt" cover by marilyn manson
» iggy and the stooges cover

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: