Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... Empty
PostSubject: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 am

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/kiss-reach-hall-of-fame-at-last/

Quote :
The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame have finally confirmed the induction of Kiss – 15 years after they became eligible for the honour.

It follows their victory in the public poll, which saw 240,000 people casting their vote for Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons and co.

And despite having spent years pouring scorn on the industry establishment, Stanley says in a statement: “I’m honoured to be inducted knowing we have remained true to ourselves and our fans.”

Also to be inducted at the ceremony in New York in April are Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt. The E Street Band will receive the Award For Musical Excellence while late Beatles manager Brian Epstein and former Rolling Stones boss Andrew Loog Oldham will be given the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.

Rock Hall chief exec Joel Peresman says: “The Kiss Army has descended on us in recent years, and we’ve gotten thousands of letters. They also did extremely well in the public vote.”

Peresman’s next problem is choosing a track for the musicians to perform during the traditional end-of-night jam. “We have visions going through our heads,” he says. “Should it be Rock And Roll All Nite or a Bruce Springsteen song? What’s the best way to represent it? We don’t know yet.”

Simmons had previously insisted he didn’t want to invite former Kiss members Ace Frehley and Gene Simmons to the induction – but in a brief statement he comments: “To the Kiss Army, Ace, Peter, Eric Carr, Vinnie, Mark, Bruce, Tommy and Eric Singer, Bill Aucoin, Doc McGhee; to my partner of 40 years, the ever youthful Paul Stanley, and all the members of the Kiss family: this honour is for you. 40 years of rockin’ and still going strong.”

Quote :
The spirit of rock and roll for me has always meant following the paths I choose regardless of what my critics or my peers think. For 40 years KISS has built an army that apologizes to no one and I'm honored to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame knowing we have remained true to ourselves and our fans. ~~ Paul Stanley

Quote :
To the KISS Army, Ace, Peter, Eric Carr, Vinny, Mark, Bruce, Tommy and Eric Singer, Bill Aucoin, Doc McGhee and to my partner of 40 years, the ever youthful Paul Stanley...and all the members of the KISS Family. This honor is for you. 40 years of Rockin' and still going strong. ~~ Gene Simmons

Cue rant from Adam!  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:50 am

He just posted it on facebook!!!!!!

Right on cue Pete!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:20 am

Chrissy wrote:
He just posted it on facebook!!!!!!

Right on cue Pete!

Oh I do love your Adam. he makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:35 pm

He is funny!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 4:00 pm

But I'm being serious!!!!!

This is just beyond a joke.

Posted it all elsewhere, but hypocritical, egotistical and a complete slab of BULLSHIT.

The ONLY reason they are invitimg AF/PC to the event is they KNOW the fans will slaughter them if they don't. And it's gone from "We will never perform on the same stage as those two ever again", to " We will never TOUR with those two". Fuck you Moneybags. If it wasn't for 'those two' coming back into the fold your precious $$$ making machine KISS would be dead and buried.

I cannot wait for when ACE walks on that stage and EVERYBODY will be chanting his name and poor TT will be left with, well, make up on his face!

PS & moneybags are about to left in no doubt who the fans really LOVE and have in their hearts. They can waffle on as much as they want about 'This is the best version of KISS' all they want, but come this award show they are gonna get a real awakening.

If I'm wrong I'll sell my guitar neck from Paris and give the proceeds to charity.

THAT is how confident I am in this happening.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 2:24 am

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just to show what a pile of egotistical arseholes the people who run the RaRHoF are... they have decided that ONLY the original 4 are being inducted.

Regardless of any issues anyone may have with any past or present member, every meber of a band has played a part in their history and every member should be inducted.

Having said that...I do think it's hysterical that poor Genie & Pauly are gonna have to accept an award with those two 'Losers' & 'cancers' (that was about the worst insult moneybags has ever said) and NOT the present line up!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:00 am

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/kiss-rock-hall-reunion-unlikely-says-stanley/

Quote :
Kiss fans hoping for an original lineup reunion in April have been dealt a blow after frontman Paul Stanley said it was “unlikely” to happen.

Speculation has been mounting after the band were finally confirmed for induction in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, with Gene Simmons, who’d previously stated there was no chance of a reunion, changing his mind and saying: “Sure, why not?”

Former guitarist Ace Frehley later said he was confident that he and drummer Peter Criss would play with Stanley and Simmons. He added that while he’d be happy to see current men Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer take part too, he didn’t want them wearing makeup along with the original members.

But Stanley appears to be on the verge of ruling out any reunion. Asked via Twitter if the classic band would perform at the induction ceremony, he said “Seems unlikely.” And in reply to follow-up question: “Any plans on wearing makeup with Ace and Peter?” he stated: “No way.”

Kiss won the public poll on who should become part of the Rock Hall’s class of 2014, taking 17% of the vote. They’ll be inducted alongside Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt.

Meanwhile, former axeman Bruce Kulick has told of his joy after marrying his girlfriend Lisa at the weekend. The Grand Funk Railroad member, who played with Kiss for 12 years from 1984, says: “It was a magical day with many wonderful memories to share

Congrats to Brutal Bruce!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 am

WOW!!!

This was a joke and farce this was to start with, but now it's all over...it's STILL going on!!

Stanley, yes, we get it! You think the people who run the RaRHoF are arseholes. We heard you first time around. LET IT GO.

WE. DO. NOT. CARE.

If you feel that strongly about it then you shouldn't have accepted the award, or gone up on the stage to collect it.

It's YOU who is coming across as the hypocrite and a person of weak standards.

You go on & on & on about how the RaRHoF HAD to let you in cos they were looking silly for ignoring you all these years. Well, incase you haven't noticed they didn't HAVE to let you in. Have some fucking gratitude and humility about you, you dumb ass cunt.

Or hand back the award and get some fucking respect back.

And now we have the 'PS is a racist' fuckin debate going on! And, of course, PS just HAS to reply! So continuing this, 'who gives a shit' saga.

You don't like the RaRHoF, they don't like you. I wouldn't go to the party of someone I don't like and I wouldn't invite someone I don't like to my party.

Both as bad as each other, but PS, please stop biting the bait.

But it's givin me something to rant over, I guess!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 1:22 am

Isn't everyone just a little bit racist though...

And wasn't it Gene who said the things that are being attributed to Paul as being racist anyway? In which case this makes the R&RHoF look even more dumb.

Last edited by Pete on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Pete wrote:
Isn't everyone just a little bit racist though...

And wasn't it Gene who said the things that are being attributed to Paul as being racist anyway? In which case this makes the R&RHoF look even more dumb.
Apparently, yeah, it was Gene but to me it makes little difference as seeing as the event is over I expected the shit to stop, but it's PS who has been mouthing off. Which is unusal seeing as it's usually Gene, but then Gene isn't promoting anything right now so I guess it's just the promo machine for Pauls book.

Keep him in the press. But really, just let it go.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 2:11 pm

To be fair to Paul he's just replying to a comment made by the RHOF.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:12 am

I've just finished Ace's & Peter's books (read in Canada) and I amazed that the band lasted as long as they did with the original line up. It's clear that all members are fucked up one way or another.

I'm just grateful they managed to reunite in 1996 and I saw so many shows between 1996 & 2003 with most of if not all the originals.

(Oh and for Adam & Rogers benefit Pete's book is the best!!!) Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Pete wrote:
I've just finished Ace's & Peter's books (read in Canada) and I amazed that the band lasted as long as they did with the original line up. It's clear that all members are fucked up one way or another.

I'm just grateful they managed to reunite in 1996 and I saw so many shows between 1996 & 2003 with most of if not all the originals.

(Oh and for Adam & Rogers benefit Pete's book is the best!!!) Shocked 

HA!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:57 am

Apparently Ace wants to rejoin KISS..if the price is right of course...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Pete wrote:
It'll just all end in tears!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 1:22 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Are Falling?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Are Falling?

he he
whoo oooo ooooo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...   Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiss make the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...
Page 1 of 1